Do you think it's weird if someone chooses to spend their birthday alone?

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Guy

• Meh, it happens. I've had it happen on a few occasions. I didn't really care or really think too much about it anymore. Just figure out what you want to do on your own if no one is going to be there to "celebrate" your birthday with you. That is if celebrating is even all that important at all. Same goes for gifts and presents, as to me, they don't really matter to me anymore, unless maybe if it's something that is really important and have practical use or something.

If you're working, you can always try and ask for or take the day off for your birthday or something if permitted by your boss and just go have fun all day, go outside get some fresh air, and live for the moment, even if it's just for that one day and no one else is there to spend time with you.

Sometimes it happens because everyone such as your own family members and relatives or even your friends are all very busy and caught up in their own workload or other personal issues that which they may have going on in their personal lives thus they wouldn't be able to hang out with you and celebrate your birthday. Sometimes they'll postpone celebrating and reschedule at a different later day and time so everyone has the free time to meet up and chill or have fun going somewhere and doing something together, such as go to the bowling alley together, drinking a few beers together, or watch a movie together.

Most Helpful Girl

• So many people feel like you can't have a birthday without some huge blowout party or 10 of your bestest friends, but a lot of people either don't need, don't want, don't have the money, don't feel like being bothered with other people on their birthday. I'm like that. For me for years, my birthday fell on finals week of school so no one wanted to celebrate or could. I put so much effort into planning and throwing my friends bdays during the year, that I felt like no one put any effort into mine and they didn't, so I decided to channel my energies into throwing myself the best birthdays and treating myself to the best day ever, and it has totally changed my outlook on my birthday. Now it's something even now outside of school, I really look forward to because I know it's going to make me happy instead of depending on others to do that.

What Guys Said 22

• Not at all!! Why is this day so special? You, personally did nothing!! Wouldn't it be more reasonable to celebrate your mother giving birth, maybe enduring hours of labor?
    After the first 25, or so, it's all the same sht, just another day!
    Getting older, some like the time, ALONE, to reflect, and consider, thinking about things.
    In your 20's you go out with friends, as an excuse to drink and be stupid!! After 30, it just becomes pathetic, so it should change.
    maybe a day alone, is something good.

• Birthdays aren't always a reason to celebrate for everyone. For some people it is a reminder you are another year older, another year closer to death, another year you didn't reach your personal goals. Not everyone wants to be surrounded by a bunch of people either and be the center of attention.

• depends on the reasons. I've done that for my own reasons... like I like to ride bicycle my age. If someone wants to join they can, but usually can't.

I'd go buy myself a present and celebrate with friends another day. I've also done the opposite and have parties. I prefer a small gathering...

• No, it's so. ething that happens. My birthday is on New Years Eve. My mother usually does somethung for me, and my family participates in dinner, but it's usually around the time of 4-6 o'clock. After that my sisters are with friends, and I dont have many so I'm usually alone. And I get kind of depressed hanging with my parents because it's boring lol, if they were doing something fun maybe it'd be different, but it's usually a movie that was downloaded or something.

• I abhor my birthday celebration. I never liked to celebrate my birthday after childhood. Of course, I liked the presents when I was a kid, but later in life I thought it very silly to celebrate the birth date of an adult.

I do celebrate the birthday of other adults and children as they happen to cherish the thought.

Would I rather spend my birthday alone? No, not necessarily alone but without any hoopla would be a very happy day for me.

Just my opinion

• Once I hit 21 getting older stopped feeling like something to celebrate. What i learn and do in that year is all progress but being a year older isn't.
    I drove to a snow dome and when skiing with my brother for the day on my 24th birthday but id still rather be where I am now but 23 or even 22.

• Lmao, no way!
    I spent my birthdays alone since I was 15 years old. All 6 birthdays I spent alone and soon it will be my 7. th.
    No parties or anything. No friends. Just like an ordinary day for me.

• Yeah a bit

• no, I don't like celebrating it myself simply because I hate being the center of attention

• I haven't even paid attention to my birthday since 21 (nothing else to countdown to but death and dunno when that is). It comes and goes like any other day so not weird to me.

• I will go with No. It cannot be weird. He loves himself and if he is at peace with himself and if it makes him happy , then it's the best option.

• Birthday is just another day. Nothing special.

• I do it every year, and this year will be my 40th... I want to be alone :(

• no, i usually spend it alone.

• No. I've been on the other side of the world sometimes on my birthday.

• I'm always super depressed on my birthday, and like nobody cares about me. So like, I don't really want to see anybody that day. I don't even tell anybody about it, it's not a day worth celebrating and honestly I'm sure people would forget.

• Nothing weird. Sounds cool to try something new.

• Nope.

• Most birthdays i do spend alone. Wish my 50 birthday to get married.

• ay man my 15th bday my so called frie ds made me walk all around the city all day... for nothing.

• As long as it's not like one guy standing in a dimly lit kitchen with a cupcake that's got one candle on it , blowing out the fire to hoping not another birthday spent alone in the dark , nah it's not too sad.

• Lol do you know how many birthdays i have spent alone, it's just another day

What Girls Said 14

• I've spent many birthdays alone. Hell several times I didn't even realize it was my birthday till a day or two later.

• I'd think it would be a little bit sad.
    I'd ask if they just wanted to have a chill night in. Like watch a movie or eat pizza I don't know.
    Id feel bad if someone I care about spent their birthday alone.
    But If they truly want to, it's ok.

• No. I'm sure they have their own reasons to want to be alone.
    Not everyone likes to have people or lots of people around them.

• I'd rather spend it alone shopping and getting my nails done and that sort of thing than how I spent my last one; going to my grandmother's funeral.

• Nope, it's his or her preference.

• I'm not a big birthday person. So, I'm not really hoping that there will be some celebration. I usually don't spend my birthday alone. Usually, I'm with my immediate family and we eat a piece of cake. Low key is good for me!

• No. It's their birthday, they can do what they want. It's not a requirement to celebrate it with anyone.

• I do, and I think that's because I'm a twin. Growing up I always complained I had to share my birthday but now I can't imagine not. I can't imagine not being together on that day either. Maybe I'm weird.

• I keep my birthday low key as fuck. SO no i don't think it''s weird.

• If I could I would spend my birthday alone.

• Seems normal

• "It's my birthday I can do what I want too!!!"

• nope, I don't think it's weird. It's their day. They get to spend it however they want. If people think it's weird, not my problem. If they start saying to people how weird it is and make judgmental comments about that person, then they need to get lost.

• Yes, really I mean it's like the only day all attention would be at you, gift, etc... so doesn't like people showing love to you is weird