Is it wrong to judge people based on their political views?

• Yes, it's wrong to judge someone based on their personal beliefs.
  • No, it's not wrong because political stance shows that person's mindset.
2mo I mean is it okay to decide to not associate yourself with someone anymore because he/she has a completely different political stance from yours?

Most Helpful Guy

• I agree that it is okay to stop speaking with others due to different political viewpoints! It's funny because I'll make myself the example for this! Due to living in south Florida there is many liberals here and they do not accept conflicting viewpoints while I am fine with different viewpoints. A little bit of arguing is something yoynneed everyday am i right 😉! So anyways over the course of the past six months I can say a lot of my former friends have stopped talking to me and that is due to my conservative support! If that is the way a liberal wants to be it is fine with me but I just have to say that it is totally against what they stand for according to their platform of wanting everyone to be treated equally! So it makes a double standard that is just not right! That is why I support Donald Trump and have watched Fox News for the past year every single night because I cannot stand the bias media against conservatives, crazy liberals, and terrible people who contradict themselves! Politics really shows who your friends really are and that is the one thing I enjoy about it! 😉

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes it's wrong unless their political views bring harm to someone else. For example racism. I don't mean Donald trump made up racism but I mean kkk racism. You should judge someone who supports them. But you shouldn't judge someone for being a rep or dem.

What Guys Said 11

• We judge people on almost every possible ground. Sometimes without knowing we're even doing it.
    It is natural to judge someone on their politics. What is wrong is to judge them completely on their politics, to make no allowance for anything else they do to redeem them.
    I also think it is wrong to be unwilling to even consider that they could be right in their view, or at least that their views don't make them as extreme or bad as you might first be inclined to believe.
    After all, almost all of us change our minds on some subjects, sometimes major ones, over the course of our lives. The only way you can ever change your mind is if you are willing to consider you might be wrong and an other might be right.

• No, because it is their mindset.

• Judging is not necessarily a bad word. It happens with everything actually. We judge Something everyday. That's because humans can be predictable and that means situations can be predictable too. So we judge in a fast paced world when time is of the essence through stereotypes, culture, religion, race, friends, family, wealth, style, persona, morals, values, political views... the list goes on

• im antipolitical - so everyone trying to be mr Right to me is basically mr Wrong. But on a scale of how i hate repubblicans (the worst in politics since forever and the nazis) the commies have a Golden medal for me. Anarchists fallow suit, then maybe socialists...
    I used to hang around with nazi girls and bang em, as well as left wing jocks. I dont care , as long as i get what i want

• no, not at all.

If someone is a Nazi, then I have very good reasons to not be with someone like that

• I think people should try judge people through interaction rather that pre judgement.

• It depends on if they are an extremist, like A Nazi or something.
    A trump supporter, I'm good friends with one even though I hate trumps guts.
    A Neo-Nazi, The only Interaction we'd have is me stabbing him in the gut

• How could it be wrong. Their political views make up the sum of their beliefs, and in turn their actions.

• It depends. I wouldn't associate with any radicals, but that's it. My best friend is going to write in Bernie this November and I'm a Trump supporter. I can put people's politics aside easily.

• it's never wrong to judge someone. it's wrong to rudely present your judgement though.

• No, personal beliefs is one of the best reasons to judge someone, second only to their actions.

What Girls Said 2

• I'll put to this way... I don't hang out with crazy ass liberals. I have to work with some... but we don't discuss politics.

• Yes It Is Very Wrong To Judge.