Why are so many people opposed to enhancing humans?

I care more about enhancing full grown humans rather than embriose. Id like to be stronger smarter and healthier and I would take on a small risk at third stage gene editing for the right human trial possible earlier if i was in a bad situation health wise or new it was very low risk and some people would even at a first stage.
I know a type of gene editing that isn't passed on has helped already reduce fluid in the lungs by removing a faulty gene and could do much more. chips implanted in the brain connected to cameras have restore sight to blind people. There is so much potential I think its worth letting people take the risks as long as there well informed. If they work consistently on animals and have the desired effect on human cells in a lab then the risk is minimised even at first stage.

2mo I'm many generations British and naturally a sort of orangery very light brown very few people are paper white and most people don't want to be that light hence people tanning.
2mo didn't mean to put that in updates

Most Helpful Guy

• I have no objections to this type of research but I am not sure about endangering foetuses if I read your question rightly.

It's improvements that i could potentially use in the future i'm interested in not designer babies. Changing my genes to get stronger smarter and live in reasonable health well into my hundreds.

I get your point you favour the more medical research, I would agree

Thanks for MHO

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 2

• I dunno but I wouldn't mind being like Adam Jensen in the Deus Ex video games. He's awesome. Inspired me to create one of my first gifs ever.
    http://i.imgur.com/S7BMHLC.gif

I would be more interested in healing super intelligence and strength rather than lightning bolts but that dose look cool.

definitely I think longevity would be closely related to healing and once you had longevity you may want to make your self harder to kill as well.

Well "harder to kill" is a bit hard to define since you could die from just about anything, even when you can live practically forever, provided nothing kills you on the way.

• Because of the danger and the possibility of experiments getting out of hand. A super intelligent, strong and self healing human in the wrong hands could end the world. There are thousands of reasons against.

Only a super intelligent human could and that would still be with a lot of help.
      1000s of them in control of themselves would be a benefit to them the economy and the people close to them.

Also we wouldn't be like super heros possibly we would be breaking world records but we wouldn't be all powerful.