What's your idea of Africa?

Most Helpful Guy

• It depends on what country/area in Africa your talking about, some parts aren't that bad while others places in Africa like The Horn are some of the worst places around.

But one thing is for sure if you visit central Africa get your shots, there are a lot of diseases that can make you violently ill or kill you, especially if you get lost or are in an area without adequate medical care.

Places like Somalia are riddled with pirates and crime

central Africa has a lot of sickness and disease like stated above

The Horn and the countries that are part of it is a really dangerous place to visit, drug trading, sickness, poverty, starvation, terrorism, crime, warlords/militias make up this area. Easily the most unstable part of Africa.

To name a few places.

Northern Africa is alright

Madagascar is a pretty cool place lot of unique wildlife and plant life etc

African safari is another cool place to visit

South Africa is pretty decent.

But like I said it just depends on where you are there, some places are like war zones, other places are riddled with crime and danger, other places starvation and are 3rd world countries and other places are very beautiful and unique with rich culture and really nice cities.

It just depends.

Yeah, I agree with you when you say it depends on where you go. It's also really important or get your shots. There are some places in my country I can't dream of going, I'm sure there are places like that in your country too.

Mhmmm, indeed if you ever go to a continent like that it's a good idea to get shots just in case.

Ehh not really you can go pretty much anywhere in US without getting shots for diseases most of the diseases you would find in Africa that are common or even just uncommon you don't really see here.

Most of the stuff you catch here is like the flu or colds etc nothing really life threatening most of it can be taken care of with a doctors prescription.

It's different in places in Africa or other places around the world like it, were there are whole sections or countries that have trouble even stocking basic medicine or medical care. So if you catch something whether it's deadly or normally not a big deal it can turn into one if you don't get what you need.

Here you don't really have that issue, or the danger's that you'd find overseas, well the wildlife part yeah but only in certain parts of the country. And even there it's under control.

Most Helpful Girl

• Big place, every region gives me a different image. Kenya makes me think of a giraffe licking food off my palm and ugali. Egypt makes me think of the color tan, Hardees and the pyramids of giza. Somalia makes me think of rusted ships on beautiful beaches.

That's nice! You should come visit Africa. You could go to so many different countries.

I've been to kenya, uganda and egypt but I plan on living in somalia in the future. My parents left somalia when they were in their late 20s so I never had the pleasure of living there. Kenya was close enough and I love that place.

*somali

What Guys Said 19

• Africa is a major tectonic plate straddling the equator as well as the prime meridian. It includes much of the continental mass known as Africa, as well as oceanic crust which lies between the continent and various surrounding ocean ridges, and a few Mediterranean islands, most notably Sicily- but technically excludes Madagascar, which is a micro-continent in its own right, and the Somali Plate, east of the East African Rift. Africa is moving north-eastwards at a rate of 2.15cm per year- within the next 150,000 years, Africa and Eurasia will collide with one another, driving Mt. Etna upwards to become perhaps the tallest peak in the history of the world (currently growing at a rate of almost 5m/year as the collision draws ever nearer, and forecast to have reached a pinnacle higher than that of Mt. Olympus Mons by then), and turning all of of Southern Italy into the plateau of a massive new mountain range dwarfing the Himalayas. The Mediterranean will swiftly evaporate to become an even drier extension of the Sahara desert, and from this point on, Africa will effectively be a thing of the past, replaced by Afro-Eurasia.

Wow! Are you a geologist?

Oh, wow. Your family's pretty well connected. Thing is though, Nigeria's a prime example of why Africa's so messed up politically. In Northern Nigeria, the early efforts of the British to institute poll taxes were foiled by the emirates, the need to introduce coin caused controversy, and attempts to tax trade were opposed by powerful merchants. This created a substantial deficit in the budget of the Protectorate, and meant that the British Empire had to actually invest in public works projects there through grants instead of simply leeching all the wealth for themselves- so the Brits decided to merge Northern and Southern Nigeria together into one single colony, solely because in doing so, the unified Nigeria would generate a net profit for them- by increasing Southern Nigerian taxes and using them to pay for the projects in Northern Nigeria, they wouldn't have to invest anything themselves. That's the only reason why Nigeria was unified- to make the Brits richer.

That's unfair that they increased taxes from the southeners just to pay for projects in the north.

• my idea of an entire continent? Jesus. Well i know they have jungles and deserts and shit. I also know that they have very poor countries and very prosperous countries.

• The cradle of humanity and civilization.

• Wild Animals and Zulu tribesman

• It's yuge.

• Amazing, I was there last year on tour.
    Truly amazing amazing place I was only in South Africa though

I'm happy you enjoyed your self. I've been to South Africa too, very beautiful country.

• It's where Western can kill people freely , steal it's fortune then get back to their countries talk about civilization

• Third world toilet that all sane people stay far away from.

Some parts of Africa aren't bad at all. It's actually an amazing continent.

You ignorant fool. Apartheid only happened in South Africa not Africa as a whole. It's said that you beleive it's alright for the black South Africans to be oppressed in their own continent. Last time I checked, no normal person would go for a walk in any wilderness, you're looking for trouble if you want to go for a leisure walk where they're are Lions and Pumas. If you want to walk around go to a park. Luckily humans don't melt so we can handle the heat here. Also we don't have "bush fires" as hot as it is over here. We also don't have hyenas and snakes roaming the streets. You should know about bears looking for food in trash cans, it seems like a norm in the U. S.

*there are

• I automatically think of African lion safari

• A continent that's the butt-end of a bunch of jokes on Youtube due to mostly being a bunch of people either killing each other in one civil war or another, starving to death, dying of diseases like Ebola or going off to be pirates and dying at sea.

It's a lot more than that. You're focusing on the negatives. It's an insanely rich, blessed continent.

Looks like 3 Africans are butthurt. Sorry, but your continent's image and reputation is quite tainted in the eyes of the rest of the world.

• Northern Africa can be visited with few health risks. Central Africa is plain dangerous to visit because of the many infections you risk.
    Republic of South Africa seems more healthy to visit.

• Birthplace of human life. Horribly pillaged by Europeans.

• Sahara Desert and African Safari

• Great song

• It's a pretty shitty country.

Africa is NOT a country it's a CONTINENT.

You obviously needed them

Ohhh nooo lol.

• Shirtless men in loincloths killing each other's tribes.

You make it sound like a scene form Tarzan.

• could you explain the question?

So many people have different ideas about Africa. What do you think about the continent?

Corruption everywhere, it is what could become of the rest of the world if there was no responsible authority. But it doesn't matter : all government officials are corrupt. So there are not any different then us, they have less luck and ressources that is all

• Love Africa. So many amazing animals living there

What Girls Said 12

• I'm North African. I love Africa <3

• on my todo list XD

You really should visit it. It's a beautiful continent.

• Where in Africa? Africa is a huge continent with a lot of diversity. I was born in Ivory Coast and raised there. I think very positively of my childhood there.

My teacher was from Ivory Coast, really good teacher. I'm talking about Africa as a continent.

Hmmm I think people see it as they portray it in the media. Most have no idea what it's really like to live there.

It's really nice. I guess it depends on what country you live in.

• Tons of nature and getting more modern

• I am from there. It is a nice place.

• . Badass nature
    . Improving

• I Have No Idea I Have Never Been There Before.

• big and diverse in climate, wildlife, culture, landscape, etc

• Africa is a very vast continent, this is a very open ended question...

• When I think of Africa I think of Rhythm, Dance, culture, some destruction and rehabilitation, I think of beauty, and strength.

• Bunch of starving black people.

It's mainly Somalia that has that problem.

True dat, it'll get better I hope.

@reixun I'm sure it will.

• Crazy and depressing. I'm sure there are some parts of it that are beautiful, but it's not one of those countries you can visit and feel safe in.

There are some problem free countries in Africa. Not everywhere is safe but it's like that with most continents.