How often do you avoid the 'Elephant in the Room'?

The phrase refers to a question, problem, solution, or controversial issue which is obvious to everyone who knows about the situation, but which is deliberately ignored because to do otherwise would cause great embarrassment, or trigger arguments or is simply taboo.

• I avoid it as much as i can usually
  • I address it head on!
  • Depends on who im with will determine whether or not ill address it

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• I address it if it comes up or if it needs to come up as most of the people who have blocked me can attest to. I don't hold back for the sake of some ones feelings because in the long run accepting facts is going to make things better not ignoring them.

What Girls Said 12

• Avoiding drama, is drama. Think about it:having to alter your life just to make it easier? Pointless. That's extra work for less work.

• Sometimes I don't even pay attention enough to notice there is an elephant in the room that everyone is avoiding. So I'm either completely in the dark, or I end up being the person who brings it up, momentarily shocking everyone else with my bluntness.

• Depends on what it is. If it doesn't concern me in any way I let it be dealt with by the people whom it does concern. If it's about me, or my family, I say something asap.

• I'm not one for making things awkward or embarrassing people, I usually don't address things that don't Need addressing.

• Well assuming everyone is thinking the same thing, I'd point it out. Why not? Everyone is thinking about it, everyone is on edge about it, it wouldn't hurt to just acknowledge it and find a solution about it to move on

• Generally, I'll try to avoid it.

• I hate awkwardness especially with people I have to see on a regular basis. I tackle it so I don't have to think about it later because I will. All day and night.

• Why are you spreading such evil lies Toad? Everyone knows it doesn't exist, so don't make us throw mushrooms at you! :P XD

• I don't think I'm in those situations too often, so I don't deal with it much.

• I address it head on unless it's personal
    To someone and they might cry.

• i try to avoid some elephants

• I always try to avoid it.

What Guys Said 15

• Avoiding the elephant in the room? means?

• I make situations awkward on purpose a lot of the time. Can't wait til I'm a teacher.

• I point it out usually, better to get it over with then just leave it there the entire time, just because it's not being spoken about doesn't mean it's not a problem.

• It's always interesting to see how others may react because of it. But
    sometimes it's strategically beneficial to just lay low

• It depends how strongly I felt about the elephant

• lol its usually me being very straightforward about it and saying what everybody thinks even though peoples feelungs will be hurt.

• Google "how to train an elephant" xD

• Depends on who im with will determine whether or not ill address it.

• I wait first if anyone says anything, if not I jump right into it.

• I thought this was about obese people... Lol

• I fuckin love elephants in the room!

• I just clam up and keep quiet lol

• I usually avoid them dude. 😛.

• amazon > elephant

• I address it head on... so it's really hard when you are dealing with someone who avoids it