Why do you support 2nd amendment gun rights?

I support them so African Americans can protect themselves from police brutality.

Most Helpful Guy

• Gun control started as a way to keep blacks from getting guns in the 60's so they couldn't retaliate against Jim Crow laws. Now granted, violence is never the answer but the point is that an armed populace keeps the government at bay from trying to instill fascism in society.

Keep the government at bay? Yea not happening. The governement plays everyone like a guitar

And if the state wanted to they can kill off the civilians

It would only take 44 million gun owning United States citizens to overthrow the whole government, soldiers, planes, tanks, and all.

A lot more than 44 million gun owners in the US. We have more power than we think.

People underestimate the power of the American citizens.

What Guys Said 25

• For the simple reason if I wanted to buy a gun of ANY kind I have the damn right to go and do so AFTER passing a great deal of background checks and tests to hold a license. These days you just cannot trust many people, they buckle under the temptation and allure of shooting a gun. Also, police brutality can happen especially if your not white and fit the description. It seems like it's the matter of the draw on how you speak and act when the police is questioning you rightfully or wrongfully. I mean I woke up today and watched an online news feed on how a black man with car trouble was shot down and there was a gang of cops around... really for having a stalled car in the middle of the street?

• the simple fact is that when you brandish a gun you are more likely to get seriously injured than if you don't.

i support the American consitution and thus i support the 2nd amendment. but i do not see a need for civilians to have guns outside of the purposes of hunting

The 2nd amendment was not about hunting.

I can understand that I carry a gun all the time just in case even though I know it's unlikely to need to be drawn

@Josephmatthews24 that's your right so keep on rockin.

• I support the 2nd Amendment right to bear arms because of the Constitutional right to protect oneself in self defense and, also, against the government which authorizes the right to an assembly and militia which is necessary for security in a free state.

• I support the 2nd Amendment for a lot of reasons. Traditional, Constitutional and the reality of their are stupid humans that could potentially harm me and other people out here and the purpose of self defense. It also can place food on my table. I also support Constitutional Carry and Conceal. The world is a very unstable place. The 2nd amendment was not written for hunting.

The 2nd Amendment is not so you can shoot Public servants. Police do not shoot for no reason. Most of the shootings that have been committed are against those who are non compliant and think they are above the law.

• I think there's very few circumstances when the 2nd amendment rights actually was beneficial. Most of the times the attacker just attacks and no one ever has a gun when you need one

Today there is over 300 million guns across america. That is long past out of control

• The thing with the 2nd amendment is that it's specifically stated
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

The key word here is WELL REGULATED MILITIA. Unfortunately most people think it applies to any gun-toting loon.

• 1. The government can mess over people more if they are unarmed.
    2. Countries won't invade our homeland because they know they can't occupy the USA because so many citizens are armed.
    WW2 Quote from Japanese Emperor: You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass.
    I don't support hunting as a sport though. I would much rather shoot a person than a fuzzy animal.

That was actually an unsubstantiated quote from admiral Yamamoto.

In the future I doubt many countries will have to invade anymore, I predict if there ever was a world war again that it will be mostly nuclear.

Proxy warfare

• I take the First Amendment literally. I feel like I should take the rest of the Bill of Rights the same way.

Now, that doesn't mean I think there will ever be a successful uprising against the government. Nor do I think for a second that guns owners are going to successfully protect anyone, let alone themselves, from a criminal - most likely they're going to kill an innocent person, or themselves.

Also, while I support the 2nd Amendment, I don't support the NRA - they've resorted to pseudo-science, half baked scenarios and non-evidence supported politics to achieve their goals, which is weak and shameful.

But, with all things in a free society, you take the good with the bad.

• How would the protect themselves from police brutality without getting shot? isn't that the problem Police officers are afraid of being shot by black men? Im a big 2nd ammendment supporter but know that if you pull a gun on or shoot at police your going to die

• For its original purpose - to make government fear to become a tyranny since the people can protect themselves from the government when they are armed.

• Hell yeah! Responsible black citizens deserve and need the 2nd amendment! Although I disagree with "Protect themselves from police brutality"
    I think people need to be educated on how to interact properly with police officers, and police officers need better training on how to deal with people.

Blacks need the 2nd amendment to protect their communities from gang violence

• I think the second amendment is okay but I support gun control

• As a hunter, I need guns to put food on my table. You're the typical feeble minded person that's easily persuaded by media propaganda.

• *slow clap*

• Did you know those that carry weapons are actually more likely to be victimized? It's true.
    I'm no fan of the police, but a weapon would only give the police a reason to kill more black people.

• What do I say if I don't?

• 0|0
  • I support it because it was there.
    Changing that opens a door for too much change, then America becomes a different country.

• What police brutality? If they just did what the police said, nothing would have happened.

What about the person who got shot being a carer for a disabled man. He had his hands up and got shot anyways, I doubt he was resisting.

That's my issue. That's my problem that I don't get. Both from a societal perspective and an institutional 1. Now, it could be by coincidence, indoctrination, etc. whatever. But the fact that it habitually happens and has to be continuously brought up back to square 1 is what I don't get

Now, I understand that white people get shot up as well. I sympathize with that. I think that the fact that it happens to anyone is a problem. But the fact it happens at a higher clip for minorities, especially blacks is what gets me

And yes, I've also said I support cops. They have jobs and it's their safety. But again, the fact that there are cops out there that abuse their power or don't do the necessary steps to keep the perpetrator alive is what I don't get. Their job includes the safety and crime off the streets, but their job is primarily to serve the public. Just like we need to get crime off the street, it's just as important in doing a better job of keeping bad people from having that power

It was Dylan roof, by the way, the charleston dude

• I support them so I can defend myself or an innocent person if a threat arises.

• I don't.

• 0|0
  • I support them so I can protect myself from African Americans.
    I'm being serious here, I got shot by an African American when I was 12 years old and they were mugging my mother outside our motel room where we stopped. I tried to stop them and they shot me. Luckily it only got me in the arm and I was a nice big fat kid but they got her purse and we had to wait 7 hours for my grandparents to drive to come get us from the hospital to go home cause my mom had no money.

• 2bd amendment won't protect you from police brutality. If you pull a gun on an officer, you're going to die

No. The PIG is going to die. And any Liberturd standing near.

@stallionman_69 sounds great coming from a Cuckservative

What Girls Said 8

• Roomie and I are Locked and Loaded, prepared for the Bad Times to Come, hun.
    With Being 'Prepared,' with even More in Store, keeping our Bible and God even Closer.
    Good luck and Great question. xx

• LOL yeah, go shoot at the police and see what happens to you.

• I'm not from the US, but I support the right to own weapons for self-defence, because no one has to suffer what some people suffered during WWII, mostly in the Nazi-occupied territories.

• No, I don't support them, not in America anyways.

• I support the gun thing, just cause not everyone knows martial arts

• LOL... they will get their guns illegally anyway. And more black people kill other blacks than cops do.

• I don't and I'm British. You cannot solve violence with violence and guns are weapons of harm. Only case where I'm okay with them is hunting or farmer sort of thing

Guns also can be used as tools of peace.

The second amendment was made when guns were different. When the second amendment was made there could not be mass shootings because of the type of guns. Guns have changed therefore so must the law!

They had machine guns back then