What Do You Prefer 1980s Movies Or 1990s Movies, And Why?

I Think I Prefer 1980s Movies Mostly Because There Is More Of Them I Watch

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm not good at keeping track of time, so not sure which movies where when. I did watch a lot of movies in the 80's.

What Girls Said 5

• Anything that's Good and Worth Watching, doesn't even Matter if it is From the 1940's, @Red88xxx
    Good luck and Great question, Thanks for Sharing. xx

• I love ALL movies! The 80's movies are awesome but sometimes i have to laugh at the fashions.

• Id say the 80s because most of my favorite horror films are from that decade.

• I love movies from the 70s, 80, 90s, and early 2000s.

• 90's.

What Guys Said 12

• Another impossible choice, haha. The 90s probably wins out for the comedy genre, which is my favorite, but the 80s had so many movies that were such a big part of my childhood. I gotta call this one a draw, sorry😅

• I probably saw more movies in the 1990's but enjoyed the movies in the 1980's much more. However, when I go back and look at some of those movies (like "The Gods Must Be Crazy") I wonder why I enjoyed them so much.

• 90s movies for sure. there are some good 80s movies but the bulk are rather campy in my opinion

• I like certain movies from every decade, and don't find those of any single decade more attractive.

• I prefer 1970s movies. I'd take "Ordinary People" or "Kramer vs. Kramer" or "An Unmarried Woman" over almost anything made today.

Back then:
    1. Cinematography and direction and story meant something.
    2. Most movies were original and few movies were sequels - and when they were, like The Godfather, Part II, they win Best Picture Awards
    3. Stuff didn't constantly blow up.
    4. Comic book heroes were where they belonged: in comic books.

That said, there are lots of good movies made since then. Steven Speilberg, James Cameron, Martin Scorcese, Robert Zemekis, Stephen Soderbergh... these men all made good or great movies even when there was violence. John Hughes and John Carpenter made good movies in the 1980s. Frank Darabont too. And Ridley Scott and Terrence Malik although Malik is eccentrically brilliant and it can take patience to understand and appreciate his work. OH... and The Coen Brothers!!

• torn because I like 80s movies as well as 90s as well. I think they were more quality movies in the 80s

• 80s mostly , I watched more of them I think

• I prefer 80's movies, .
    a lot of them were more original and honestly i just feel like there were more great movies made in the 80s than the 90s overall

• 90's

• I prefer 1950s and early 60's movies.

• 80s had way better movies.

• I like both 80's and 90's movies, I can't decide.