Do larger people have to wear less clothes in winter to keep warm?

I'm wondering if skinny people feel the cold more than larger people.

Most Helpful Guy

• There's something to that. I used to be double my current weight. As in: really fat. And winter was my favorite season. I always said I'd rather be cold than hot. Now I'm normal weight and I'm pretty much over winter, cold, the works. I'm looking at real estate along the Gulf.

I'm only one person, but not many people have been both hugely fat and criticized for being too skinny at different times. So my opinion to your question is "not really, but kinda." You still wear heavy clothes, you still get really cold, the cold just didn't feel as incredibly bone chilling so quickly in my opinion.

Most Helpful Girl

• I wish but we still have to wear a lot of clothes

Really? Do larger women still have to wear thermal underwear? Or can they get by just wearing jeans?

I wear regular underwear

• 1d

Can't say like that but we still have to wear clothes for winter. For this winter I have ordered fur accessories from online shop Amifur. It is warm and looking good.

What Guys Said 3

• It actually doesn't make much of a difference. It really depends on the person. Some people have higher tolerances to cold like how some can handle heat better. It can also depend on your core body temperature. For me I can deal with cold pretty well because I got used to it and I have an odly higher body temperature than average people.

• lol.

• Of course. More fat = more insulation. It's why whales and seals have blubber. I used to weigh 110 in my 20's and heat didn't bother me much but it didn't take much cold to make me shiver. 30-40 pounds later and the reverse is true to a point.

What Girls Said 0