If you had a time machine what time era would you visit? Why?

Most Helpful Girl

• 1960's, the era my parents were born. I wanna know what they were like as kids. <3 I love them.

Most Helpful Guy

• I would only use it, if there was some kind of 'shield' or way to prevent any interaction, potentially changing history!
    Too many to really say!!! I would start with some that are more recent:
    I would go back to the Formation of the US, and want to listen to the Founders, as they discussed, and then wrote the Constitution, the Bill of Rights, and how they won the Revolutionary War!
    I would also like to visit Lincoln, and get a better understanding of what he was feeling, thinking and his motivations.
    Maybe listen in, on Harry Truman, and the discussion about using the Atomic Bomb.
    Pivotal points in modern history, not wanting to change, but just know what they were thinking, feeling, and the angst, making the decisions.

What Girls Said 7

• September 10, 2001. I'd stop some major shit from going down.

Let me guess. You will turn into superwomen and stop the plane single handedly.

It's really hard to say that the war caused the rise of ISIS. Certainly, it made it easier, but with the Coalition troops, after Saddam was deposed, there wasn't the vacuum. Once we started to pull out, and expected the Iraqis to maintain the peace, that is when things fell apart, and they went back to their natural 'tribal' ways! Kurds against whomever, Sunni, Shiites, whatever!
      That region has been in PERPETUAL CONFLICT AND WAR for as long as recorded human history!!
      You can't blame an idiot like Junior, not being able to fix that!!

@SomeGuy37 Nah but saddam was super powerful he kept everyone in check and controlled the region. If he was there a lot of shit wouldn't have happened. Don't get me wrong I love dubya (he has some of the best quotes of all time) but I think the war was a mistake.

• The future

How far are you willing to travel forwards in time? One Hundred years? One Thousand years? Ten thousand years? Or even much further such as in the millions, billions or even trillions of years later?

@JudgmentDay

I can't decide haha
      Good thing I don't actually have a time machine.

I'd probably start with like 100 years and go from there.. inching forward 100 at a time

Assuming by then the whole planet isn't a complete dystopian wasteland suffering from effects of either climate change or even a world that's been long devastated by nuclear war. Or just maybe, maybe the AI and technology had long evolved and is already taking care of humans of that time period and treating them all like kings with personal servants that provide personal protection lol.

or better yet, we've already moved on and had already colonized on mars and various other planets and moons.

• Late 1800's to unmask the real Jack the Ripper 😆

• I'm black, young, and a woman. There wouldn't be any past era that I would want to visit.

• The first question that I've had to think about! Hmmmm, can we go into the future?

• Somalia in the 70s and 80s then gtfo of there before shit goes down.

• I would want, surprisingly, to visit the year 1945 to witness the end of the war.

What Guys Said 20

• Probably to the 1920s, to warn everyone about Saul Alinsky. Poof! No Hillary, no Obama, no Bill, and LBJ would've had a harder time selling his crap too. An entire century of American misery and slow cultural rot, wiped from the timeline. Heck, I would have probably even made McCarthy unnecessary! I would've also warned Germans about the neo-Templars, their German Neo-Paganism, and warned the "reformed" churches how a certain nationalistic movement would hijack the holes in their theology to make them back an evil regime. Thus, Ernst Rohm and the LGBT Brownshirts of that era could have been exposed long before Adolph decided to give up becoming a painter. Because without all of that, there would have been no Hitler.

I would also have warned everyone what Hassan al-Banna was up to. Poof! No Brotherhood of Evil Muslims to infiltrate the US Department of Defense. And Arafat would have been stopped dead in his tracks long before he could have even formed Hamas. Israel would invent the USB drive a whole decade sooner, what with so many Israelis not being blown up or shot at by men who produce nothing.

Kinsey would have been exposed, leading to an entire subculture of decadence and child predators being uprooted from this land long before the Kate Hunt movement even had a mascot.

On the other hand, nobody back then would have even believed my warnings, or that the world could ever get this crazy. I'd merely be wasting a different time period's oxygen.

• I would totally take a medium sized force of a few thousand with armor and modern day weaponry, the equipment necessary to build that weaponry and skilled techs to do so and take over the world.

Not to mention the most accurate and complete archive of knowledge I could amass to move our world ahead sooner.

Yea, I love my imagination.

• I want to experience every decade from 1950-2000 as a teenager. The serene 50s, the hippie 60s, the groovy 70s, the neon 80s, the hip 90s, and the modern 2000s.

• Typoa and grammar errors are included

Lol i wouldn't travel to America during the 70s 60s 50s 40s 30s 20s 1910 or 1800s. Damn America u racist.
    Now for other places in thw part i would avoid. Id only go there now
    Avoid africa. Either get ate by lion caught by the white dude or sold by a black dude.

Stay away from Germany
    Britain, all thoose rome and Greek places to much incest and war.

Stay away from russsia. Any middle eastern place

Mexico ( i wouldn't go to mexico now)

Alaska to cold
    Hawaii seem cool in any era unless there's somthing i dont know.

I guesa i travel 10 yeara into the future 2026 2027

• The night before the big Powerball lottery.

@Dred1614returns
      It was a good day but primarily for one reason... The moment after he was sworn in, the plane carrying the Iran hostages took off from Iran. It was the last insult to President Carter.

Shortly after that, many in America understood the adage "Be careful what you wish for because you just might get it." We've been suffering ever since.

• i would go back to the era of dinosaurs. back then there was about 30% oxygen in the air, i could be high as fuck on oxygen with no negative effects whatsoever.

• I would like to be an adult in late 1960s and early 1970s

• Just one? What, did we run out of plutonium or something? Besides, I don't want to have to deal with the "grandfather effect."

• I'd be happy going back to the 1980's. Those were some fun times. :-)

• 60s, would be awesome to see Orbison live.

• 1963, because modern Republicans apparently don't believe the Dixiecrats ever existed.

• Golden age of piracy

• January 20, 1981. I want to see Reagan's Inauguration.

• I'd go to the Paleolithic age. That would be so interesting

• I would visit the renaissance, so I could figure out why that people were so brilliant.

• THE DAYS OF NOAH
    I WANNA SEE THE GIANTS

The AAT makes no mention of giants in those days. What it does mention is inter-religious marriages based entirely on what men found attractive in women sexually - and nothing else. Leading to kids with really good genes and not a single good idea in their heads.

Think... an entire society full of Michael Jordans... with the ethics of Jared Fogle.

Now do you see why the Flood was sent?

@ObscuredBeyond

GOD WANTS THE GIANTS DEAD
      THERE NOT HUMAN

@ObscuredBeyond

everything i have learned is from the lord this is not my knowledge
      and i thank him for it
      i just wish the world would listen to him

• September 15, 1944 so i can give the japs some good ass kicking on Peleliu island.

• Hungaryan empire 400ad

• back when my favourite person was still young

• Aound 6000 BC so I can get away with rape.

Or go into the future to the peak of human technological advancement.

She'd be tempted to kill herself so your inferior DNA couldn't screw up the future of the human race worse than it is already destined to.

@ObscuredBeyond I'd actually have superior DNA since I'm resistant to a lot more diseases. Although 8 millenia ago maybe the immunity wore off and I'm not immune to the diseases from back then anymore so... Anyways something that small will not really affect the gene poll at all.