What would you have done?

My father was battling cancer for about 7 months. Sadly to say the cancer won the battle and my dear father had passed away. At the time I was dating my ex and at the last day of my father's funeral my ex at the time told me he was not staying for the whole thing that he had to work. In my grief I was stunned that he was so easily ready to leave me for work. I couldn't help but think what kind of person would leave the woman he supposedly love at a time like this. I was hurt. Unfortunately he guilted me to stay in the relationship after I tried to break up with him. How would you have handled things?

Most Helpful Guy

• I would of ask the girl what days she wants me to take off from work and would of done that for her. Yes, if i was different, I 'd have every right for the girl to break up with me. You have my deepest sympathy on your dads loss yes cancer
    is terrible illness lets hope someday a cure is found.

Most Helpful Girl

• Would have dumped him.
    Guilting you to stay in a relationship with him? Not normal at all.

What Guys Said 4

• A lot depends how easy would have it been for him to take time of work.

• Hmm well it depends on how you feel. How long had you been with the guy? If it was over a year, I would expect him to support you on a sad day like that... On the other hand, was your ex liable to lose his job if he didn't go back to work? It all depends on the situation.

• you already broke up with him once, why even get back together in the first place.

• Some of us just can't take time away from work.
    I would have explained to you the circumstances.

What Girls Said 2

• I would have broken up with him.

• When that happened?

How would you take someone doing that to you at a family member's funeral?