I lied to my friends about my birthday plans because I don't want them to give me shit about wanting to spend it alone? should I feel bad?

I told them I'm hanging out with another friend that they don't know, but really I don't like birthdays and don't want to do anything.

should I feel bad?

Most Helpful Guy

• Depends are they upset you are not spending it with them, other than that it is cool to want to spend it on your own

Most Helpful Girl

• When a friend has a birthday, it's not really just about making them feel special. Allowing friends to celebrate with you makes them feel good too. Personally, I have had a few friends who didn't want to do anything for their birthday and it made me feel like it was because they didn't want to do anything for mine. Kinda bummed me out. I'm sure you have your reasons though.

What Guys Said 1

• For lying to them yes. You should just tell them the truth

What Girls Said 2

• No it's your life

• I know the feeling. You should feel bad for lying to them, but you shouldn't feel bad for not wanting to celebrate them. I feel like shit on my birthday too.