Why is it that when I'm nervous and eat, I feel nauseated. How to stop these nerves?

Whether it’s before a race, an exam, a date, if I am nervous and then eat, I feel horribly sick.

Most Helpful Guy

• You got try to relax... a nice whiff of lavender oil, vetiver oil... writing in a journal what troubles you, nice relaxing bath. Your prob eating because it's your coping mechanism to deal with your anxiety. Since your mind is focus on the food it forgets about you being nervous and when you are done you feel guilty and go back to thinking about your anxiety, what you ate and the negative feelings that come from that. You have many resources just research and I personally would seek professional help.

What Guys Said 2

• A lot of people are like that - A small light meal that is easy to digest like soup

• So don't eat when nervous. Trying to bury the butterflies is a bad idea as you figured out.

What Girls Said 1

• I've heard that before a big event, its wise to take a 5 minute walk.

Oh thanks! Good advice.