Would this be considered bad/slutty/promiscuous by todays standards?

This is a picture of the singer and actress Marlene Dietrich kissing a soldier coming back from war. Would this be considered slutty/promiscuous by todays standards? Would there be a lot of criticism if an actress or singer would do that today?Would this be considered bad/slutty/promiscuous by todays standards?
Note the guy looking underneath her skirt. Would that be considered bad/sexual harassment by todays standards?

• Yes, by todays standards this is a slut. we can't have any fun anymore nowadays.
  • no, this is perfectly acceptable behavior in todays society. we can still have fun without receiving critisism.

Most Helpful Girl

• Lmao no... just go to a club... you'll see that in any direction you look.

Most Helpful Guy

• I would think that would be good publicity for a single actress to kiss a soldier who is laying down their life for our freedom. Plus it's a story the soldier will tell their family forever

What Girls Said 8

• I think if people saw a girl kissing one soldier they'd think they were in a relationship.
    However if they saw a girl kissing a bunch of them they'd probably think it was slutty

There is this other infamous end of war picture
    i.dailymail.co.uk/.../...5000005DC-985_634x947.jpg

Most people just assumed they were a couple. But they were not, they were strangers and apparently he just grabbed her and kissed. She said "‘That man was very strong. I wasn’t kissing him. He was kissing me,’" By today's standards that'd be sexual harassment and in the 40s it was hardly acceptable either. Point is a picture doesn't show the whole story and people will make different judgments and

Now back to the picture I believe she was married that time so it slutty to kiss a man that is not your husband? Ya a little. The 40s were a lot less tame than people imagine

They actually don't really know who the people were. Some people just claim to be like people. people claim such things all the time.

• I think it would be a mix. People would love it, some would slam it. I love this photo though. It's hanging my living room.

• If she was a normal girl like me and a lot of other girls it would be fine but if she was a feminist god save that poor guy's life.

• Like, what you wrote is bizarre. I mean, it doesn't look like anyone's doing anything wrong to me. And why is your poll so polarized? I didn't vote.

• Only by GaG standards. 😂

• No I don't think, that's just a weird pic XD

• We can't have fun now days 😑

• Hard to say. Todays "standards" dont mean jack sh~t to me anyways. Todays meaning of slut just means a woman who won't sleep with YOU or a woman you hate or are jealous of anyways.

yes i agree. it has become a word for name calling people that dont want to sleep with you instead of actually doing slutty things.

What Guys Said 8

• There is context to consider - This guys were returning from war and Hollywood had been a big supporter of the war effort - Taking in isolation you could call it publicity seeking but in context there is a lot of those pics about at that time - It would be like one of the women soccer players kissing someone in the crowd after winning a tournament.

• Today, it would be considered as [insert anything] by everyone. If a person can complain about something, then you better believe that they will go to any extent to complain.

• Nope, not slutty to me. Welcome our soldiers home! :-D

• this is totally acceptable behavior

• I have not chosen any option because , I do not want to be a part of that.

• It probably would be sadly

• It's just a kiss and not like she's sucking his dick or anything