Why causes someone to be extremely shy and lack social skills?

• Bullying
    0% (0)6% (1)3% (1)Vote
  • Low self-esteem/ they feel inferior towards others
    33% (4)29% (5)31% (9)Vote
  • Abuse
    0% (0)0% (0)0% (0)Vote
  • All of the above
    50% (6)47% (8)48% (14)Vote
  • None of the bove
    0% (0)6% (1)3% (1)Vote
  • Other
    17% (2)12% (2)15% (4)Vote
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy
Updates:
2mo Sorry for the typos

0|0
3|10

Most Helpful Guy

• all of the above. i had suffered it all and i haven't ever even kissed a girl. also while being very sweet and romantic deep inside im also a huge ass sexual pervert which only made things worse... .

1|0
    0|0
    • 2mo

all those saying just low self esteem are wrong. they oversimplify it. the human soul is much more complex. and what is self esteem? being deluded? feeling you have value you haven't earnt in any way and dont actually have? no its not self esteem. are women really attracted to these narcissistic airhead clowns out there with the sixpack selfies? then i dont want to be attractive.

• 2mo

there cuold be some form of autism or l;earning difficulty involved. being brought up by parents who are loners them selves. being not fond of social interactions. and above all being afraid of getting hurt by others.

What Guys Said 9

• All of the above. Some people just have an introverted personality type and prefer solace to social interaction. This means that they don't have as much practice or experience at it and, combining that with people accusing them of being weird because of it, can make them even more reluctant.

0|1
    0|0
  • I think it could be any combination of the above, in addition to possibly being genetically predispositioned to axiety/shyness.

0|0
    0|0
  • Mental illness (e. g. Autism, Avoidant Personality Disorder), abuse/bullying, it is just their personality.. there are a lot of reasons.

0|0
    0|0
  • All of those things can be the cause really

0|0
    0|0
  • Could be a lot of things, low self esteem is probably the majority I am guessing.

0|0
    0|0
  • nah, it's just genetics, remember everything is in the DNA

0|0
    0|0
  • physical/verbal abuse. both are equally damaging and traumatizing. because of such abuse, that leads to low self-esteem which is really hard to recover from alone.

0|0
    0|0
  • confidence. confidence and shyness are directly correlated. if you don't have confidence you will remain shy

0|0
    0|0
  • I think it's mostly genetics, some people are born shy and not much they can do about it. But also the way you're brought up, usually the second oldest will be shy cause the older does all the talking

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

• low self-esteem

0|0
    0|0
  • All of the above could factor into it

0|1
    0|0
  • Low self esteem

0|0
    0|1