I'm very concerned for my daughter's safety, what do I do?

So, recently my daughter's school has been flooding with new kids and one in particular actually scares her. My sister's daughter goes to the same school and same grade as my daughter and brought this up to me first. She called me one day and told me the details her daughter explained to her, that there was a new kid that apparently killed someone. At first we thought it was just rumors, so today my daughter comes home from school and confirms the worst. This kid who has many tattoos all over him has killed someone, he's serving a jail sentence, but he's going to school throughout the school day at our local high school. He's in her PE class, and he just so happens to be friends with these guys who give my daughter anxiety, they make fun of her and call her ugly and she's very scared of this new guy, HE ALSO ROBBED SOME HOUSES. The fact that he's friends with these guys that give my daughter anxiety and he killed someone is really scaring her. Switching her PE class isn't an option as we've tried and it would switch her schedule completely and her friends are in her classes that she's okay with, but she terrified of gym class, what do I do?

Most Helpful Guy

• Go with your sister and take any other adult that has knowledge about this. Head for the school office and the office of the school superintendent and state the facts as you know them.

This guy is a dangerous felon and his friends are bullies. Your daughter deserves a safe learning environment. Sadly you may have to place her in a private school or homeschool her because so many administrators just don't give a sheite.

Most Helpful Girl

• "a new kid that apparently killed someone"

If I came home and told my parents something like that they would have smacked me for being so damn stupid.

A child criminal in school instead of juvie or prison. OKAY. Honestly what kind of behavior and logic skills are you modeling for your child? You should be ashamed.

If the child has already served time in prison or juvie, and is out, it's a possibility.

@FallOutBoy2001 It doesn't matter what the law says. If a kid watched someone else be murdered do you really think he's going around telling people he killed someone? No.

He's a little asshole trying to make a big name for himself and that's assuming that any of this is true.

What Guys Said 2

• Wow i can see your concern, i would make a appointment with the head teacher and demand to know what thier policy is on dealing with bullying and the procedures regarding safety of students etc that will make them start to think a bit

• tell someone. tell them that you've heard about this kids past, and that you don't feel comfortable with her around him

What Girls Said 2

• If he killed someone why isn't he in prison?

That's just odd... Where do you live? In the land with no laws?

I'd firstly ake her out and enroll her into a new school not just try to switch a class and then quickly report the kid to the authorities and to the school.. Are you insane or a lair?

What I'm trying to say is, I heard he is in jail right now, he just takes a bus to the local high school. I said that in the topic. He's just in her gym class.

What? People in jail can go to normal schools? Murderers can go to normal schools? That's bs. I'd leave the country you live in if that is allowed. How can they put so many kids in do danger... 😐

• talk to her grade's counselor about what can be done