Would you be turned off my that?

I was out with this dude and then we were discussing selfies and he showed me a pic of him and his sis.
then he showed me a pic where she dyed her hair and said that he offered it to her and that he paid 200 dollars as treatment and so on.
and it sort off threw me off, like he s showing off or smthng. especially that I didn t even ask him shit.
am I overreacting?

Most Helpful Guy

• He was trying to portray something if which whom he is not.
    He wants you to be like "ohhh you have money to blow" which your not Sarah your a smart girl.
    Trying to impress you in the wrong ways. You know that actions speak louder than words. He was basically telling you this and in your head you probably thinkinb thats cool. But how about you show me the kind of man you are not describe it lol

exactly what I was saying in the comments
      I felt like he was trying to force an image of himself on me
      like trying to gain my confidence pretty fast cause that dude is sneaky I swear

Thanks for the MHO! 😊

Wlc!

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah it's a little weird. That would definitely throw me off. Seriously $200 for a hair treatment? It better be like Rapunzels hair where it glows and has healing powers.

What Guys Said 21

• I think it's weird to brag about dying your sisters hair lol, like why waste 200$ on it? seriously you can buy 30$ dollar self dying kits lol seems like a waste of money to me.

And it wouldn't turn me on or off I'd just find it weird and a waste of cash just like I do right now but what do I know I get my hair cut by my mother hah. Sounds like he was trying to portray a certain image though like maybe he was a generous guy or something lol or maybe he was just saying random shit?

Really he should have focused on his natural image and what comes naturally rather then try to force your perspective.

exactly! you get what I am saying :)

hahaha move on :p

Haha smart move, most likely.

• I can understand this feeling. He seemed like a person who thought he could easily impress you with the fact that he wasted a large sum of money on something like that. in my opinion you shouldn't ever really talk about your expenses unless directly asked because you come off as vain.

• He did that for his sister? Well, you know that you would be coming in second place... especially if he offered it to her.
    Him: 'Hey sis, you're hair looks a bit bland lately. Here's 200 to liven it up a bit.'
    Her: 'Are you sure you don't want to save that money for yourself or take a nice girl out sometime?'
    Him: 'Nah, you deserve it.'
    Nekminnit:
    You: 'Oh, we're having McDonalds?'
    Him: 'Yeah, it's all I could afford.'

Okay, that scenario was a bit over the top, but I was having fun writing it... :-)

• Mmmm i think slightly over reacting. Sure maybe he is showing off. But sometimes it's nice for him to know that he is alittle and that its resonating well with you

He could be trying to show that he's a nice guy or that he can take care of a female. So he uses his sister as an example

if its just that one thing, meh no biggie. But if its one on top of the other. Then maybe think about it

yea there are several factors too. Like he told me he s gonna escort his sister to turkey cause his parents don t let her travel alone. and that he helped a girl friend of his get over rape traume and so on.
      I hear like a lot of BS and he s trying to force an image of himself on me, like the really nice guy to sort off gain my trust. he s 28 too by the way.
      lol I don t know I just feel he s sneaky.

• 200 dolars to die a hair?

It better be FUCKING GOLDEN!!!

she got a cut and the full treatment and he said he took her to the best barber lol

• That guy is either one of two , he was really poor and got money
    Or he really don't have a lot of money

I know that he was sort off on the edge while growing up and now he s making himself

• I'd be like... Are you bragging that you threw $200 out of the window to die some hair? Like... wtf. Wouldn't call it a turn off but it definitely won't get you plus points

yea and there was other stuff
      it just felt like he s trying to force a certain picture of himsel on me
      you get it?

Yeah I understand what you mean.

• 3some with him and is sis?
    Nice @archiz ;)

• A little, i mean he's oviously try to impress you dude, you can play along or give him the "voice" or whatever you woman call it

• naah, its not that of a big deal. he was just showing you that

• That's silly. He should be showing off his pecs and biceps!

• that is really weird, and creepy. girls say on here I am creepy, but that is just creepy. rather show parts of yourself off. your muscles, your junk, or whatever, not your sister.

• he's showing off.

• Yeah i don't like it too when a girl is trying to show off but it depends sometimes it's cute. Depends on the person i guess.

• what dya mean offered it to her? you mean? dont really understand

• I don't get it really honestly

• Yes that did be idiotic.

• u have issues.

• hun he is just talking

• price didn't need to be mentionned obviously

• nah, not really. just sharing his life stories

What Girls Said 8

• Think he was just making conversation, saying whatever popped into his head - Probably was looking at his selfie with his sister and remembered about her hair so just said it as it came to mind.

If he seemed like he was bragging about other stuff though, then he might be showing off

yea he did
      actually it s more like he s trying to project a certain image of himself to me you know?
      also one of things he mentioned was a girl that he helped get over her rape trauma and that she was thanking him and so on

• I don't know whether 200 dollars for a hair dye is a lot, but if it was, I'd have said "200 dollars? Wow... This (grabbing my own chunk of dyed hair) was 10 dollars lol can't be bothered to waste money on something I can do myself with the same result...*shrug*"

• hahah and? Who cares? I could easily say look at all my make-up it cost me 2000$!

• well i hate when people like to show off so yea i agree with you on this

• That's pretty weird.

• It doesn't sound like he was showing off

guess it s only me though.
      I always feel though like he s giving me this image of himself.
      like also out of nowhere he said he s gonna travel with his sis to turkey because her parents won t allow her to go alone. or that he helped this friend of his because she got raped and he supported her and so on...
      so I feel he s like forcing an image of himself on me

• No. I think you're over thinking it.

• Yeah it's weird