How many users do you have blocked?

I have 49 users blocked. Whenever I see someone say something racist, disgusting, or constantly being negative and rude, I block them. What about you?

2mo I don't get the whole, "Let someone have endless chances to come around, be included, and act a damn fool bringing drama everywhere they go and saying something toxic every time they open their virtual mouth" attitude around here that some answerers have expressed. I don't even have the patience to tolerate that behavior from some family members yet I'm expected to do it with random internet strangers? Lol Somebody pls explain that logic

Most Helpful Girl

• 2 for bigotry. Blocking people doesn't make you weak and refusing to block people doesn't make you big and bad either. If someone is annoying, block them. You don't like what they post and don't want to see it? Block them. If someone just signs on with real ignorant shit, I am gonna save myself the headache now. I don't know if I'm blocked by anyone but I'm SURE I am. It doesn't make you petty, it doesn't make you butthurt. If you see someone constantly just posting awful shit or harassing you, that tool is there FOR A REASON. I had a guy basically harass me because I didn't want to call myself bisexual yet I said I enjoyed girls too. I said I didn't accept myself and shit. Something that doesn't effect him at all, didn't block him, but it's that sort of thing that I think it's fair game.

Lots of wonderful answers from all of you lovely ladies but this one took the cake/covered every possible base!

What Guys Said 35

• I have 23 people blocked. They're all pretty similar people though (almost exclusively guys), so it makes sense. I can have a debate with somebody who's got different opinions but I don't like being insulted during a discussion.

• I've blocked only one person who was amusing himself by playing the asshole. Otherwise everyone who is sincere deserves to be heard here even if their opinions are seriously Deplorable.

That's awesome of you! I probably won't develop that level of patience until motherhood lol
      I don't get the whole "playing the asshole game" thing. Seems so lame and pointless to me

• none as far as I know...

Its just harmless fun. I know there are a LOT of trolls here. Im not about to get offended by someone on the internet, though I can argue and debate, it can help me see things in a different way when my arguments are dismantled, so thats cool.

And when someone does successfully troll me, it serves as a reminder: relax, its the internet ^^

@update Id understand with family, as they potentially have an emotional pull on you.

But like you said, its a random stranger on. the internet why care what they say? What drama is there if no fucks are given? They might be all about drama, but if you dont care its just either gonna be ignore material or a source of amusement to see dumb shit like that

Is that really so wrong to want good apples only? lol

Gag is silly and unproductive by nature haha

No but you see if. it disrupts your mellow. vibes, its affecting you. on some level, and you do care. So if you care, then absolutely, protect yourself from it.
      Some people really. dont, they can read combative threads and chuckle or. just switch threads like meh.

Not wrong to surround yourself with people you. like. Not wrong to let them be there if they dont bother you. To each their own :)

• Very very rarely. I got 10 on my list from way back. Haven't blocked anyone in a long time. Just let it go and forget. If they keep being offensive to you then go ahead and block. Else, just wave it off and forget.

That's good, vetskii. Thing with me is that I'll block people without ever interacting with them. Out of that 49, I've probably only ever actually had an interaction with 2 or 3. The rest are just people I see who are ALWAYS acting a damn mess, bringing drama everywhere they go, & killing the vibe with a bunch of angry bickering and upset sputtering. Is it really so wrong to see someone do that repeatedly and decide they're not worth your time later on?

I'm pretty chill tho and I don't find myself getting upset easily. Like even when people are rude or super dramatic, I'm just over here like "... really? is it that serious?" lol I don't know I love my mellow moods and I don't let people disrupt them. I also don't gossip or speak down on someone but is it just me or is it like; who wants to deal with all that toxic drama all the time! Lol seriously.

I'll see some users and it's like every time they have something to say, it's some angry, upset, dramatic, sputtering comment... like don't they get tired of sitting around being angry on the computer all the time

• You sound like a sensitive, thin skinned cry baby. I think your just trying showing off how moral you are.
    People today can't handle an opinion that they disagree with.
    Block me.

Nope, not thin skinned. Just at a point in my life where I don't care to waste my time on certain types of people. It's not about sensitivity, I just take advantage of not having to deal with someone's crap personality. It's honestly not about a simple disagreement. I won't even interact with these people before I block them lol I'll just see them acting a certain way and decide I want them out of my atmosphere later on

@nog642 I'm not oversensitive so what you should do is stop trying to paint me out to be sensitive when I'm not even the one who reported your post. I thought your post was trash and useless yet I still didn't report it so it's very egotistical and childish of you to assume I'm the only one who could have reported it when you blatantly said you hate black people. There are black mods you know.

Your pushy entitlement is bizarre. You're going to "keep responding" when you invited yourself to someone else's post to complain about having yours removed? Get a life, kid.

You were offended by me sarcastically saying "you're a cunt" because you said you block people for being rude. That's oversensitive.

How was my post trash when it answered the question?

And if you can't tell that me saying "I hate black people" is blatant sarcasm, there's something wrong with you.

And yeah I inserted myself here because I can't leave an opinion anymore and I wanted to complain. Now I'm done complaining, I'm just arguing my case that you're oversensitive.

• I block only those who blocked me.

That's fair

The honey on your Camembert? I'd advise the baguette then.

mmmmm, I like the way you think.

• None. Yet.

• I have 8 blocked. Most of the time it were just 4 but last week a bunch of people thought they need to piss me off

Sometimes I think about doing it like you too. Just too many idiots posting too much bullshit on here

That sounds like a reasonable amount!

For me, I think it has a lot to do with finally graduating from a former lifestyle where I handed out unlimited chances and invitations into my life even if people misused them. Having them around took away from my experience and the overall vibe I was trying to create so now I'm just like..."Eff it." I want to waste no time on silly nonsense. Heck, as crazy as this world is, a tsunami could wipe out my entire countryside and how much would it suck to have spent my last hours around a bunch of toxic, angry BS? No thank you lol

• At the moment none, I was having a bad day and blocked a few but then I unblocked them

That's a unique answer!

• None

• Fuck you, so i can't say fuck, or bitch? Or shit? Come on just ignore that shit dont be such a 2010 feminist

Feminism has nothing to do with it. I'm just not a fan of dramatic, angry, toxic people who are always killing the vibe.

I dont know you sound kinda biased, its the internet, you can't hide form the bad parts cause they said something about your mother

I'm not biased at all. I just know what I want and see no point in wasting time on people who don't seem to have the maturity level and personality type to deliver what I want to experience. Is that really so wrong? Why should I spend my time relaxing dealing with someone's crap personality?

• I blocked no one. Can you block me please?

Lol, why you want me to block you, Gold?

Don't "good night" me missy!

Okay. Have a... skilled night. You know, with your homework and such. ;)

• none. lmao no reason too yet

• I guess it's against the rules to name names, only 1 so far and is a complete idiot and likes to argue.

What is up with the obsessive culture of arguing around here?

• about 7

• i think people like you are petty.

Not petty, just in control of my space. What's wrong with that? :)

see this is why i dont like you.

LOL!!!

• A few I had to block a stalker last night

whaaaat? Details? I'm nosey. Lol

He's some butthurt guy from another country he started sticking his nose into my business and an hour later he started pm me and so I blocked him. Then he made some stupid thread about me. Lol he's pathetic

• Zero... Its all love

• Zero :D

• sometimes I'll find out the asker has me blocked when I'm offering my opinion. I just hop on my other account and continue where I left off.

• None. I can handle them verbally, muahahah! 😁

• I haven't blocked anyone.

• zero people.

• i try to refrain from blocking anyone, because they go away on their own.

What do you mean by that?

aka i never want to block anyone even if they are mean, they tend to block me tho, or they give up.

• 5 or 6 i think

• none, and never will. I dont always agree with what other people say, but i respect there opinions and their freedom to say whatever the fuck they want.

• I only have one, are you going to block me as well? https://m.youtube.com/?#/watch?v=ZXfXHnd-bGQ

• Zero, don't see the need. Been blocked by plenty

Why do you think so many people have blocked you?

If someone's already mad over nothing, might as well have some fun with them.

... I guess? That's not what I consider to be fun. Sounds more like an ego trip than anything. If that's how you have fun, then you're not really livin!

• I like you! Pls dont block me! :)

Lol, you can't even see me

• I've blocked people to the point where I only see anons and nonames at level 1 or 2 before a few times.

• More from Guys
    5

What Girls Said 27

• So far it's less than five. I'm like you though. If I see something terrible someone has said, then I'd hope to never encounter that user ever in the future. One way to make sure that doesn't happen is to block. Not everybody on here comes in peace. Because this is a site that deals directly with the relationships of men and women, you're going to get hell. There's one guy who typically says a bunch of crap about women, and I finally just had enough and blocked him. I don't care if that seems cold, unfair, or even cowardly. I try to fix my journey here on GAG as comforting and relaxed as possible.

How is it cowardly though? In your every day life, if there is someone who is constantly rude, nasty, and likes to communicate by berating others with condescension and drama, then would you still continuously surround yourself with them? I sure as hell know I wouldn't! We would communicate on a need to know basis only and other than that, I see no point or value in the interaction.

And the point you made... we come here generally during out free time while we want to chill and mellow out so does it not defeat the purpose when you give a bunch of disruptive personalities an open invitation?

It's crazy how people will try to change the definition of something just to support their own idea.

Yeah. But there's a reason websites have that block option, as I said, not everybody comes in peace, and that doesn't mean you can't have an opinion, especially a very deep one about certain topics. Just don't be a dick about it, or intentionally try to make somebody uncomfortable. Life is way too short and too difficult as it is to be dealing with people like that, whether in person or online.

• I block, creepers, psychos , racist people and those who are only here to cause disharmony by trying to antagonize or hurt other users intentionally

I've mainly blocked people for their behaviour toward others users. I know they'll have nothing of value to say so I don't want to hear what they have to say

THANK YOU. So you catch my drift?

I don't get the whole, "Let someone have endless chances to come around, be present, be included and act a damn fool bringing drama and negativity everywhere they go" attitude around here that some people have expressed.

I also block people just to annoy them , if they are assholes.

Well damn lol can you give an example of a situation?

• 1 guy and 1 blonde girl.

Hahaha. What hair color does the guy have?

See, that's the ish I'm talking about. Why is it necessary to go to that level of sheer drama? That's the type of thing you say about Hitler, a mass murderer or Jeffery Dahmer, the lunatic who would have drugged, raped, then eaten your brother... not some random girl online you had a disagreement with.

It's like some people here just have no concept of being mellow and chill and expect to still be accepted no matter how they behave. How does that make sense?

Right! I think part of it is that they are behind a computer screen and that makes people have no filter and feel like they can just say whatever they want. Eh oh well. = )

• 18. Most of them dont even come on anymore. I unblocked someone today because I did like her at one point, but I think she has me blocked also. Oh well.

• i guess 45 or so

• I think 2 or 3. They were creeps and spammers

• 2 - only people I argue with bc I get hype

lol "bc I get hype"

• 5, annoying or racist or keep talking to me about stupid shit.

• Several. But I've also been blocked by uptight people that took my sarcasm seriously without stopping to think... or so it seems.

But I've blocked some I've never interacted with as well, after seeing repeated antagonistic troll tendencies toward others.

Oh well. 🍻

• I am not sure.

• Four little piggies.

• Zero... not worth my thumb energy.

LOL! Save that thumb energy girl ;p

• I blocked 13 users

• No idea. A fair few. And I'm on many lists.

Well damn. Why do you think you're on so many blocked lists if you don't mind my utter nosiness?

I'm pretty neutral on you, your personality, and your post to be honest. Nothing that I particularly like or dislike.

To get respect, you have to give it. If you have been here for half a decade and still feel like you generally don't get respect, then that's probably because you haven't been giving it. I didn't necessarily "take a step back", I felt sorry for you because you sounded emotionally messy like you needed a more gentle approach.

Communicating effectively isn't about 'sugarcoating' and 'coddling'; it's simply about knowing when to be gentle and voice your empathy and concern. It's about having just the right amount of kindness with that bluntness and if you can't comprehend that, then I'm sorry girl, but this issue is going to follow you around all throughout your life. People are generally not receptive to the careless, tactless, harsh, inconsiderate, downright offensive attitude you seem to have found pride in and they're not going to accept you dishing out disrespect yet give you respect in return.

• 8 users are blocked. There were 10, but their accounts have been deactivated.

• 10 mostly guys & I girl.

• That's crazy

I believe only 2

Lol, I don't think so. It's just my way of making sure I don't have to deal with some of the toxic, moronic people who literately repeat the same cycle of dramatic nonsense every time I see them around here

• I don't think anyone

• I dont plan on blocking anyone. I know I haven't been on here long... but I think that is just mean.

Not really. It's more of a filtering system than anything. There are a lot of unpleasant people on this website and you'll notice that they rarely open their mouths without being toxic and moronic. I don't see why we should have to deal with such annoying presences if we have no obligation to do so

Well I guess I dont blame you. I am just going to see how it goes for me.

That's a good idea but don't be afraid to assert your right to decide who you will and won't let be included into your environment. You don't owe anybody here a damn thing lol If somebody here is a perpetual drama queen or literately doesn't know how to socialize without being combative and stirring up some silly mess or they just rub you the wrong way, it's totally okay to utilize the block feature. It was created for a reason (and many GAG users reinforce this reason ;p )

I think people just get defensive when it comes to being blocked because they feel entitled to be in any online space that they please even if their presence is generally exhausting and useless.

• Zero.

• Just one

• Zero

• Zero

• None

• I'll block people temporarily if they try to argue about my experiences. It's my life, and I know my own life. For example, when certain guys think that all women are gold diggers, and I'll say I am not. There are some that will argue I probably am because all women are gold diggers. I don't see the point in arguing anymore, and I don't want to get any more alerts from them replying, so I block them. I'll unblock them eventually though. Likely it's probably cowardly, but I really don't care. I shouldn't have to argue with someone about my own life.

• zero I'm open minded like jello

• Zero