Till what age can guys have kids?

Is there an age limit for guys to have kids? If so till what age?

Most Helpful Guy

• Men don't have anything like menopause. But as men age it becomes a higher risk of birth defects. Same as women, but for a different reason. The sperm is produced fresh, but it's produced by an aging factory. So it produces an inferior product. For example schizophrenia is linked to aging men similarly to Down's being linked to aging women. There are a number of other things linked to aging men.

Men in their 40s start increasing in risk. By their late 40s to 50s they really should be tested before becoming fathers. I forget the age, but I think around 60+ the odds of mutations becomes probable. At some point mutations become virtually a sure thing. Mutations are not necessarily bad though

However, if you just want to know the maximum age that men can have kids, regardless of risk, to my knowledge there is no age limit due strictly to age.

Most Helpful Girl

• The older a man is the more likely he is to produce sperm with damaged or mutated DNA. So yeah he might be able to help produce children late in life but those children will have a higher risk of autism and other complications.

What Guys Said 17

• There practically isn't a limit. Even if a guy can't get it up at the age of 60 or 70, it's still possible to retrieve the sperm and potentially impregnate a woman.

• For a healthy man there's pretty much no age limit. There's been a couple of famous men in their 70s that recently impregnated women. That's part of the reason men don't feel the same rush some women do to have kids.

• At any age Even old men
    But as age increases volume and normal morphology of the sperms decrease
    So chances are lower but still possible

• Mens sperm stays viable and fertile up into the 80s so men can still impregnate woman when they're almost a 100 years old or older. And men produce sperm until they die as far as I know.

• there is a limit of sorts. Our swimmers have a higher chance of being damaged after we hit 45. We can still have kids but there's that catch.

• There is probably a drop of in how strong the swimmers are but I reckon any age.

• No limit

• Men can usually impregnate women until they die. However, our sperm
    gets messed up increasing the likelihood of all manner of birth defects and problems with the children,

• As far as I know, men produce sperm until the day they die so I don't think there is an age limit. There might be an age limit on their ability to have sex, medical conditions and whatnot, However, with today's technology, that isn't necessary.

• Men who can produce healthy sperma , can have kids even if they are in the 70's. Few such cases have happened when men had kids in their 60's and 70's.

Having your own kids is a good thing. I will always promote women to have their own kids rather than going for adoption or abortion. Women who don't want to have any kids around them should also change their mind and develop love for kids.

• we can have kinds unitl we die but to me its better stop going around impregnating women when your reach your 55s

• Guys can always still have kids. Sperm reproduce throughout their lives. It isn't the same for women because they have a limited number of eggs and when they run out, that's it.

• depends even +100 year man can do

• Depends on the guy, usually starts getting infertility in his 50s or so.

• There is no limit, but he won't have any sexual desires left at certain age.

• till death

What's with the downvote? Have you seen Mick Jagger? That man got a woman pregnant

• Eventually guys do stop producing sperm like with menopause but it's much later, like 80 or some shit.

What Girls Said 2