How can I help my gay friend?

In the last week or so that my friend has come out as gay. Now first of fair play to the guy he's being himself. But I've noticed he's being getting a lot of shit off the other lads. For example they turn his school bag inside out and they hide his books in their bags or in obscure places. He constantly gets teased by the other lads and the occasional punch or shoving happens. But I'm kinda getting annoyed about this because it's straight up bullying. Now the thing is I have everyone on a mutual friendship kinda thing so it's not like I can't step in and do something but the problem is I don't want to cause any unesesary hassle with anyone! Mainly because I don't want to experience bullying again... I know I'm going to get hate for saying that but I'm at a loss on what I can do? Should i stay clear and let my friend deal with it himself or do I risk becoming a target for bullying like my friend?

Most Helpful Guy

• Just be there for him and support him no matter what. Stand by your friend no matter what man. Good luck

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 3

• Just keep being his friend, eventually the braindead immature bullies will find something else to focus their one second attention span on.

• When someone hassles him just look at them, shake your head and say "no mate" and that's all that is needed. They will get the message.

• Walk with him. Holding hands and showing you support and care for him. Watch his back. Stand up for him and encourage him to stand up for himself.