Do you have to have permission to go into space?

I'm not saying that I am going to. Lol. Let's just say a person builds their own rocket, would they need permission to go into space?

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 14

• By the time you spent enough money for it to be remotely feasible, you would have already attracted the attention of every government and industry. And I'm sure the appropriate authorities would have made themselves known by then. Building your own infrastructure for human space flight is ridiculously expensive. So you would probably need to rent space at established facilities. That's what big companies are doing at the Kennedy Space Center these days, for example.

• Lmao yes.

Your self made space ship might appear as a missile on someone's radar and you risk being shot down.

• not really but there would be a lot of people that would try throwing red tape in your way till they got something from your trip into space. the usa and japan are the 2 worse countries about that.

• Look up the Outer Space Treaty of 1967. If you live in the United States of Freedom and want to launch rockets, you need to get permission from the FAA.

• no, if you want to fire a hobbyist rocket over a certain altitude you must ask permission and you must launch your rocket at a certain hobbyist rocket site or bomb range. up until this day there is no amateur hobbyist that has ever launched a rocket out of the atmosphere.

this is the largest model rocket in history.
    https://i.imgur.com/6O2R06H.jpg

• Nobody can prevent you from going into space, but NASA can prevent you from using their equipment.

Technically you are allowed to go to space, you just don't have any means to get there... unless you have a hundred trillion dollars and a million rocket scientists up your sleeve.

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ks8WH3xUo_E

It's funny how Vsauce solves all my gag questions

• Yes you would need permission from the FAA. They would need to approve our flight route and make sure your rocket is safe. If your rocket isn't safe you can't go into space.

• If you launched a rocket without permission anywhere in the western hemisphere, or in Europe... the U. S. Air Force will shoot you down. Period.

• i think you'd need a pilots licence.

• Yes, you definitely need permission Jimmy Neutron

• Kinda obvious you do

• Yes and there's a fee too, i can let you know which account to wire it to. there's currently a 15% discount of soace visas!

• Have you never heard of the Atmospheric Police Department? They will arrest and transport you to planet moon.

What Girls Said 2

• As far as I know, yes all aerospace "belongs" to the different countries, except maybe for the arctic and antarctica. But you would have to get permission because otherwise countries might think you are attacking them with a missle or something.

• I don't think so. I mean the scientists, astronauts, and all those people don't own space. 😊