Getting wisdom teeth removed today. Do you have any funny stories?

Only being numbed so I'm anxious and trying to think of other things.

I know they won't intentionally allow me to feel pain, but yeah it's still making me panic.

Most Helpful Guy

• I've had mine out and it wasn't bad at all. Funny story.. I actually woke up halfway through and projectile vomited on the people who were doing the surgery. They changed my shirt for me but they were probably happy to get me out of there. Didn't feel any pain!

Jfc 😱

I mean I won't be put under so I won't wake up puking at least lmao

Well I had local anesthesia so I was in and out the whole time. It wasn't the stuff that's supposed to completely knock you out. That's good that you'll avoid the puking thing ;)

Most Helpful Girl

• when I had my wisdom teeth out it took a long time for the medicine to put me to sleep so they could take it out and I was still a wake when they were pulling my wisdom teeth out and it hurt and then all of a sudden I was able to sleep and then I woke up again and I was looking around the room

That's... not a funny story but ok

ya I didn't have a funny story sorry

sorry about the story i told about my wisdom teeth it wasn't funny anyways because it was painful and strange having my wisdom teeth out thanks for the mho

What Guys Said 24

• The last person who asked this question on here was freaked out by it so be warned.

I had all four done under anesthetic so I was out like a light.

Until I woke up halfway through. I could feel something in my mouth (one of the teeth) so I sat up and spat it out, and watched it fly across the room and slide on the floor into the radiator.

The dentist and the assistant turned around, alarmed, and said, "uh, thank you?"

"No problem!," I replied.

"Could you lie back down now, please?"

"Okay."

The good stuff was turned up a notch and I was back under in moments.

At no point during this episode did I feel any pain.

• It won't be that bad. I had mine removed with just a local anesthetic. They gave me the option of going under but I chose the local. I didn't feel a thing during the extraction. (Although you can HEAR what's going on!) About an hour after the procedure was over and the local wore off I had pain, but the oral surgeon had given me a prescription for pain meds and it wasn't that bad. You'll be fine!

• I believe most of the discomfort happens afterwards so keep the painkillers they give you with you at all times for a few days.

• I once witnessed some drunk guy get into a fight with a stop sign.

This and headphones is your best fried before and after getting teeth removed, really helps to melt the pain away.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=maRs6CWR2XU

• make sure to follow all the rules or you'll likely get "dry sockets" which isn't good.. no straws, no blowjobs, no cigarettes, no sucking :)

They handed me the rules when i was all doped up and i broke 3 or 4 of them by the time I got home-smoking, straws, i forget what else

I won't be doped up so 👍🏻

dude I got my wisdom tooth removed and I know many people who got one or multiple wisdom teeth removed and it just got numbed. my sister got them removed all 4 and just got numbed.

if your tooth is easily accessible then it just gets pulled out like every other tooth. no fucking surgery. that's only the case if it's stuck deep down in your jaw or below other teeth or or other special cases like that. or maybe if it's preemptive removal before they are fully developed but she's 24 not 14 -_-

@Yumix fair enough on the age issue. i withdraw my confidence lol

• Me and my then girlfriend both got our wisdom teeth out at the same time, at the same office. Hers were an emergency removal and mine had been planned for weeks. Hers was slightly before and after she finished she was apparently begging her sister to let her visit me while I was in surgery.

• I got mine removed in bootcamp. I had three wisdom teeth. I walk in the corps man numbed me up. They pulled all three of them within a couple minutes. Right after when they put the gauze in my mouth, they had me yell. "WHAT'S YOUR NAME RECRUIT?" "RECRUIT ***** SIR" "WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE COLOR BITCH?" "BLUE SHIRRR" Then they just imitated me because I sounded like such a retard lmao.

Three wisdom teeth? Same. Twinsies.

Except I get to keep one 😝

• You should be completely knocked out, no? Most (if not all) people I know were. It's easy stuff, but you'll have quite a bit of pain for a few days. And lots of shakes or smoothies.

No I'll only be numbed and if I decide to pay $50 more I can get laughing gas to take the edge off

Because one is cutting into my cheek and they both have cavities to the extent it makes sense to remove them rather than fill them.

Ahhh... I see I see. I think I'd pay the extra. Hahaha. I'm glad I was knocked out for mine.

• my wisdom teeth are coming through just now, i can feel them with my tongue, they are straight and nice. feels good to have good genetics.

If mine didn't have cavities on them they would have left them in I believe. But they said it makes more sense to pull them than fill them.

• Yup. My dentist said if I get them removed, I wouldn't be able to go to the gym for like 2 days. I said f*ck that. How the hell am I supposed to get juiced up bro!

• funny stories about us getting wisdom teeth removed? :P
    or just general ones.

got one removed about 2 years ago

Either or

well, I'm terrible at telling funny stories so just saying what happened in my case.

mine were all fully developed but they sit a bit deeper than the others... because of that it's more difficult to clean and I got a little hole in the one on the top left. Dentist said it's not worth trying to fix it so if I'm ok we would just remove it because I don't use that one anyway.

Said yes so I got a local anaesthesia with a syringe. Waited a few minutes, did the fixation of the tooth and then tried to pull it out... but it was sitting too tight so he had to use both hands and move it with a lot of force in all directions lol. it basically looked like this:

1.bp.blogspot.com/.../PET%2BVET%2B6.png

It was a bit uncomfortable but didn't hurt at all... he was making silly jokes and comments all the time so the whole process was actually quite amusing.

Once it was finally out I constantly felt the need to go there with my tongue and feel what's missing... but after a day or two that stopped.

so yes, it will most likely not hurt at all so chill

• NOt sure if this is a funny story. I ate a sub sandwich probably an hour after having one removed by oral surgery. I only got "local" (novacain).

• Never had any!😃

• Will you do them all at once or one side at a time?

I only have 2 I'm getting removed because the third is fully developed in my bottom gums and I'm too old for them to do anything about it. Too risky.

I would assume they're doing one at a time? If I'm understanding your question correctly

Oh they're all coming out at the same time then.

:O teawrecks the hamster in the making

• only funny thing related to one of my wisdom teeth is: I thought it's a piece of peanut from snickers stuck on my gum for weeks lmao

good luck and speedy, confortable recovery!

• If you are that worried about it just get sedated, won't remember a thing even though it's inconvenient since you will need a babysitter for yourself. Other than that going to the dentist isn't amusing for most so good luck.

They won't do it. I'm being forced to only being numbed, so.

yeah not every dentist does. The one nearest to me doesn't so went to the next county.

• I hated how dumb I looked when I took the bus back home afterwards. The people only looked at me in a disgusted way. :D

• I removed 4 wisdom teeth at a time under general anesthesia.. my head was like a bell 🔔, jaw all swollen..
    But i ate lots of ice cream 🍦 as it helps to heal

• Nah just going to the desntist it's suuucks

• Come into my arms and I'll make it all disappear.

• Think about my fugly face and try not to laugh your teeth off 😉

• no but the pain is annoying
    had to go back to get stitched twice

• No bjs for a while

• i got my wisdom teeth pulled too. hope that was funny enough for you.

What Girls Said 8

• I got my both wisdom teeth removed almost a month ago. I was given local anesthesia. Dentist removed them in 15 minutes and stitched everything.
    After I went home, I ate a lot of ice cream so I got cold. Everytime I sneezed, I stitches hurt an I was afraid that they'd come out or something😑
    A day after that there was swelling on both sides of mouth, making me look like a monkey lol.

• Umm the only weird thing I remember doing was I kept saying sorry to the dentist assistant for no reason.

• I dont have any fun to tell 😒 i literally cried when I got mine removed.
    But there was one thing.. They say I would not be able to eat solid food for weeks , but I ate french fries at mcdonalds two days after. 😂 ah but then one of my stitches fall off AND THATS WHERE IT BEGAN TO HURT A LOT 😭😭😭

• Yes, my brother took videos of me after and my family was laughing at me because I was being an idiot. I was scared of my dog because I thought he was a zombie and I started crying because I was watching the movie 2012 Lol I thought everyone had died.

• I got mine out at 14 years old. They came in super early haha

• Nope

• you'll get some majorly awesome drugs girl.

#YouBeTrippin

• You feel amazinggggg right after haha

I doubt that lol

I don't think them numbing me will give me a high tho lol

Ohhhh they put me to sleep. 😬😬