What the f--k do you think about people who censor their own writings?

• It's stupid, we all know what it means, might as well write it out
  • I appreciate that the person censors because I may not want to read it
  • Why censor it in the first place. If you think something needs to be censored to begin with, leave it out entirely

Most Helpful Guy

• I usually censor my writings on Gag.

Most Helpful Girl

• Truthfully I don't curse in real life, but on the internet I use abbreviations like "Wtf" or what have you just to express the absurdity of whatever it was I read. For people who censor, well I'm usually one of those lol. It's because we don't normally curse and it feels weird doing it.

What Guys Said 6

• I think it is nonsense, but too many of certain words, some links, some images, etc, get deleted by the moderators.
    It seems like we are expected to communicate as if we are always talking to children.
    Granted, some people use some words way too much, and unnecessarily! I tend to use them for emphasis. Instead of using those words, that so many object to, I sometimes try to make a point by capitalizing certain key words, not profanity, but some complain about that, too!!
    I'm thinking some just need to get 'real' with the world, and they are just words!!
    What I really hate, are the ones that pretend that they don't want to say it, and use the intensity of the word, to vent the anger, frustration, or anxiety, but rather say something silly and nonsensical!!
    George Carlin (may he always be remembered) said it best: "Some people say 'shoot'. Shoot is 'sht' with two o's!!"

• I personally don't curse but I find this censoring really silly. It's just a word. It's not going to bit off your leg. If you feel the need to curse, do it openly.

• it's beyond idiotic... reminds me of mormon logic: It's not okay to say "shit" but "oh poopy" is okay? wtf "poopy" is a gross word, shit is pretty empty in meaning... that makes no sense. or "oh fudge" or "Heck" or "darn" it's fuckin pussy talk

• It's just a word. Why fucking censor it?

• i dont give a fuck.

• I don't care. Why is that not one of the options?

Also the 1st and 3rd options are saying pretty much the same thing.

No they aren't the same. The first is saying stop pretending and just write out the curse word and the last is saying if you feel you have to censor, than just leave it out altogether and don't use the curse word.

What Girls Said 1

• it's so stupid. LM*O