What do you think hurts more, physical pain or emotional pain?

• Physical
  • Emotional

Most Helpful Guy

• Physical. Well you can't really compare them, it's a bit like saying "Which is longer, a kilometer or a month?". But the worst possible physical pain is way worse than the worst emotional pain. And on the low end the limit of the function is 0 on both, so assuming both functions have a constant derivative (or at least sgn (f-g)=const.), physical pain must be worse. Just most people have never felt so much physical pain, but they've felt the awful pain of a breakup or something like that so they vote B

Most Helpful Girl

• I would say emotional pain.
    When someone hits you or when you get hurt, you feel pain only during a certain period of time.
    But when someone hurts you emotionally, that pain might never go away. It haunts you. It's horrible.

What Guys Said 19

• Reading the majority of these comments immediately brought to mind what Clint Eastwood recently called the millennials: the pussy generation.

• I think when talking about short-term pain then it would be physical; Long-term pain would be emotional. The level of pain varies based on many factors.

• Pretty sure none of these people have ever shattered their femur

• Emotional pain hurts the most cause
    stuff happens to us and people just think
    we can get over it but there is no way we can
    We can't let go of Bullies, People who made fun of us
    people who are selfish heart , yes hard to swallow the
    emotional pain.

• emotional pain

• Depends on what physical pain where talking, paper cut pain or ran over by a car pain? But usually emotional pain can hurt worse than physical pain.

• I can only say for myself, but I'm an emotional guy. So def emotional pain for me.

• Emotional pain can be so strong that it can numb physical pain.

• Even's stevens it depends on the degree of both

• I love physical pain, but emotional kills

• physical pain can be alleviated with drugs like oxycodone. but emotional pain there is no drug for. and no anti depressants dont take away emotional pain

• Emotional pain doesn't hurt it numbs which is worse I don't know it depends on severity and length of suffering I would lean physical though.

• Emothional, id rather beat my hands to a bloody pulp the deal with that shit

• emotional pain for me

• Emotional last before so you can't really stop thinking about it

• emotional by far

• emotional pain affects your the soul, mind and body

• Once physical pain ends, thats it you feel normal again. Emotional pain just sticks and comes back.
    Also. emotional pain can tramslate to very real physical pain. Heart contractions, shortness of breath, dizzyness, headaches.

• Any physical heals. You may look down at an old wound and remember how tough that time was, but you will see a healer scar as well and know you've made it.

But an emotional trauma haunts you forever, it may go away for some time, but can easily be triggered by similar events, tv shows with similar characters, pretty much anything. Theses scars hurt the heart and mind, the two most important organs for humans. It's a direct blow to each. And they do not recover so well.

What Girls Said 14

• I've been in both and it has to be physical

• Emotional pain leaves scares on your heart that never go away. Physical pain is temporary.

• Trying to say one is worse than the other is tasteless and beside the point. They are both terrible and can both alter lives forever.

• Physical pain you get over, emotional pain lasts sometimes forever.

• Physical pain heals but emotional scars forever last.

• Physical can heal, emotional can screw you up for life

• I have had both, I'd say physical because you can't hid it and then it makes others sad.

• Emotional pain because they is no aspirin for that. Only time will heal.

• I have a very high tolerance for physical pain. Emotional pain now thats a different story.

• I can handle physical pain, that's nothing to me. Emotional pain is what kills me.

• emotional

• Physical pain

• I think that Emotional pain hurts more I have been Suicidal for a very long time.

• I rather get hurt physically than emotionally !