Do you believe there is a God? Do you believe in heaven?

Do you also believe that God created all animals and outside life such as trees?

• Of course there is a God
  • I don't believe in God
  • I'm not too sure
  • Feel free to leave an explanation.

Most Helpful Guy

• Not sure. I'm honestly pretty skeptical a lot of the time. If there is a god I wonder where he is sometimes when things start going crappy.

Most Helpful Girl

• I believe in evolution because science can prove it, but I don't disagree with creationism either because you honestly never know for sure.

Is there a god? I do not know.

What Guys Said 28

• Jesus (Yeshua) is Lord of all.

• Yes, I believe in God. I am a Christian because i find it the most rational belief system and the one that allows me to reason why I can trust any belief.

To be any other belief system, including atheism means I can't even trust my own cognitive faculties for finding truth in anything. I believe in evolution of course, in fact it was a Catholic priest that founded it, preceeding Darwin.

the popularised atheist belief in scientism irritates me to no end. It's intellectually dishonest and bad thought proccesses. I often hear atheists proclaim "no, i don't believe in God, I believe in science and evolution"

First thing... evolution is science and second they are not contractictory ffs. Asking someone to pick between God and science is like asking someone to pick between Henry Ford and Internal combustion as an explanation for the motor car. one is an agent, one is a mechanism. Neither is a decisive answer. There is no authoratirian answer.

If someone is actually interested in intellectual enquiry, they'd seek truth, not through naturalism or scientism (which are contradictory as could be explained), they're not science.

@Soteris The Parting of the Red Sea is unlikely to have actually happened; there is no historical proof for it, which is what one would expect, given the physical impossibility of such a thing. Therefore, there is no need for science to prove or disprove it.

You are correct, though, that the existence of God cannot be proven or disproven. It's important to note, though, that this isn't a limitation of science - it's a fundamental rule of philosophy as we know it. That is, there is no evidence one can present to a believer that will change his/her mind regardless of how compelling it is.

Although Abiogenesis isn't a scientific theory per se, we do find evidence - RNA self-assembling into DNA and amino acids forming out of nothing. That leads us to believe that while the concept of Abiogenesis may need refinement, that we're on the right track.

• I am an Atheist. I have been an atheist my whole life an the knowledge of religion although on an emotional level like wishing things magically changed was present I did not have a concept of organized religion until it was brought up in school.

For a while I found the concept of organized religion fascinating since I could not understand how people would believe something that I felt there was no evidence for so I dug a bit into the old Atheist community on youtube and such.

Aside from that at this point my beliefs are fairly solid in that there is no god or afterlife and I can't imagine anyone giving me the proof I need to change my mind. It would have to be something so convoluted and fantastic to fit into todays science and still lead to the conclusion of a god that understanding it would probably be impossible.

• I'm agnostic atheist. I don't find any of the arguments convincing so I don't believe. I don't claim to know that there aren't any gods or afterlifes or anything. In the end I don't know.

What we should agree on is that this is the only life we are all 100% positive we have so we should try to make it better and a more enriching experience for everyone. The least we can do is try to put a smile on someone's face who looks like they're having a rough day. We can all play our part.

I don't understand how an atheist can proclaim to make the statements from the first paragraph without having a reliable foundation to trust their own cognitive faculties for forming that opinion. (for the sake of not getting crazy with the answer, i'll just leave it as that though)

"What we should agree on is that this is the only life we are all 100% positive we have so we should try to make it better"

I didn't understand this though. How can we all agree that this is the only life and not some matrix like programme? no one is to even say that we were dead yesterday and somehow everything was created to seem older than it was.

I've always struggled with the atheist concept of believing that we should somehow be striving towards this immaterial concept of something being "better"? I just can't place a good foundation as to why from within the worldview. Why make something better?
      (kind of have to assume there is such a thing as better or worse rather than it JUST is...)

Hell there are even psychologists and philosophers who question if there even is such thing as a selfless act. Do we do 'good' things out of the kindness of our heart or is it for recognition? Do we do it simply because it makes us feel good? How many people follow through on their donations to see if it makes a real difference? The problem with moral philosophy is that we aren't entirely clear on our own motivations for certain acts. We may feel we are doing what's right but instead have more selfish intentions.

yes, i suppose i'm trying to breathe reason into the value systems of atheism. I do think that it can be difficult to find the context of beliefs and ideas though. not a simple a thing

• Some higher power, yes. I follow some of the Native American Ways, and thinking about this.

• I very much believe in God. 😇

• I do believe spiritual wise and i go into prayer
    just today i prayed about few things going tough
    and things seemed more calmer. I ask God to
    protect me this cousin is staying with me and
    she can drink and she ends up getting intoxicated
    so several times this guy who hangs out with her
    he gets loud and i am kept up all night can't sleep
    so prayed about it and the guy never showed up here
    i refuse to stop praying i even said a prayer before
    i left to go grocery shopping so far things are more
    manageable. I am confused about lot things with prayer.

• I am agnostic, though I lean in the direction of being an atheist.

Accordingly, I think it's important to make whatever paradise we can on Earth in *this* life.

• Hm, I'm not sure.

• I don't believe in any gods of any religions invented by mankind. There's just no reliable evidence for any of them. If there is a god, it's more likely closer to the god of deists. A prime mover who got things started then never did anything in this universe since. There's simply no way to know for sure therefore I disbelieve the religions of mankind and support the more logical answer of, "I don't know."

• Yes to both, being that I am religious.

• I don't believe in any gods or spirituality or anything similar.
    I'm pretty content with being an irrelevant organism flying through space for no real reason and I don't have the need to fool myself into believing that there is anything more about my existence than that.

• I believe there is a God, but I don't think there is a heaven.

• What is god? A higher source of power... i'm sure mankind Has believed in that for a while. All you have to do is look up. The truth is we're flying through space at high speeds.

• God might be real but if so it (he she whatever) isn't the one described in any religion that i know anything about so I'm agnostic leaning atheist

• No. I don't believe there is an all powerful being. If there was I would hope he or she would come down for a while and say HEY, MORONS, stop killing people in my name or because you all believe in me with a different name!

• yes i believe in both

• Yes I do. I never blame God for faults or wrong doings. I always thought a person who blame God for something bad was incorrect. I love my faith, I would follow God to the depths of Hell to help spread light.

• Yes I believe there is a God.

• there is a god and there is a heaven.. the thing people dont understand is that there isn't a hell the way people imagine it

but in all the books, it is said that god will badly punish those who didn't follow... what about that?

you mean the life we live now is a horrible punishment?

@lovedcursed no.. what im saying is that if we do not get into paradise, THAT IS the horrible punishment because we'll be missing out on something so good!

• Heaven and hell is what we create on earth. We are our own gods and creators of our worlds.

• I don't believe in God I know there's a god

• nope, I'm atheist

• Why is "Feel free to leave an explanation." an option?

Anyways no, I don't believe in God or heaven.

• Yes to both, but I belong to no particular religion. I am merely a Theist.

• No, the idea is ludicrous.

• If there is a God, I renounce the lying biased piece of shit. I want vengeance.

• Possibly some really advanced race of extraterrestrials that had mastered bioengineering abilities or something and found earth to be one of the best sites for their experiments at creating cellular life, as the other planets within our solar system just don't seem to be able to sustain it long enough for any intelligent life to successfully thrive and evolve.

Just some possible theories, known as the Ancient astronaut hypothesis. If you ever watched Ancient Aliens on History channel you might be able to understand what I meant.

There's also the metaphysical nihilism "Simulated Reality" theories and hypothesis. Such that, we are only just living in a simulated world we believe in our minds to be real but it really is not the "real" world. A concept of this was used in various media, but the most recognized and popular one is "The Matrix". And if all of this entire world you feel, taste, see, hear, touch is really just electrical signals going into your mind, then it isn't exactly "real".

And if this is eventually validated and proven, then this simulated reality system does exist and that it absolutely had to have been created and built by someone or something really advanced and intelligent or otherwise. But again, it's all just hypotheses.

What Girls Said 19

• Yes I do. Strongly believe ! 😊

• "Absolutely" there is a God, @Paulina528.
    I have Known My Father Above since the Age of Accountability. And with Knowing Him, I also Know there is Heaven, where We will go, providing that on Judgement Day, The Lord Approves with a "Hey."
    I also Believe in the After Life, Spirits And... The Father, The Son, and The Holy Spirit, which is God, All One, hun. xx
    Good luck and Great question. xx

• Of course there's a God he's watching over all of us

• I believe! I sure have a lot of questions I would love to ask Him. :) He is good even when things are not.

• I do believe in God. I know there are countless arguments that say that there is no scientific evidence of God. But the problem is that God is not a scientific theory that needs scientific evidence. Believing in a faith and God is a spiritual feeling and needs to come from your heart, not from scientific evidence. Surely if you believe in God, then He is real. And I believe both heaven and hell is real too.

• Yes for both. Im religious.

• I believe there is a higher being so yes I believe in god, but I do not consider myself religious and I do not take in any part of any religion.

• Yes I believe in God and creation.

• Of course.

• Believe in a higher source of power, sure, but yes I believe in heaven.

• I'm agnostic. I don't know what's out there. I've got my ideas though.

• i believe im God and Heaven

• I do believe in good but I am a little confused what if there isn't one?

• No to both.

• God is real

• If their really was a god their wouldn't be animal cruelty or poverty in Africa honestly this world is full of bullshit.

• I don't believe in either. tight pussy is the closest thing to heaven.

• Nope. Im an atheist and proud of that. "God" is a fictional character in a book and people decided to take this book and make a religion out of it. I should do the same with "Green eggs and Ham" seeings how anyone will believe anything lol 😂😆
    I believe in science and evolution not fairy tales.

• I believe in god.