Do you think people are smart who learn from watching other people make mistakes?

Someone told me this recently and I want to know personal opinions on this thought

Most Helpful Guy

• Some not all, some do live and learn by others mistakes

• Very true. :)

• You just dont get it do you? Or your avoiding the main subject with Apple. You got my PM

• I have not spoken to Apple in several days.

Most Helpful Girl

• It could go both ways.

1) they could make desicions based on others results and miss out on amazing situations which have different people and elements involves for it to be a great thing

2) they could learn warning signs and proceed with caution if similarities arrive that send warnings to you..

0/2500

Send It!
Sponsored

What Guys Said 25

• Well, yeah. Being able to learn from ones own mistakes is a logical progression in intelligence. Learning from mistakes of others is more beneficial, because it does not require having made the mistake oneself. So, by picking up on a mistake they observed, and learning from it, without having been the one to suffer the downsides allows for more growth, with less risk.

• I wish more did, but sadly, most think that it doesn't apply to them, and that they are invincible, or something! Then they crash while texting. . .

• Yes I agree, I have found personally that I learned a ton from others mistakes. :)

• Yes exactly. Arguably the greatest skill one can have.

cdn.shopify.com/.../mistakesdemotivator.jpeg

• Yeah definitely, like if you see the car in front of skid on ice, only an idiot wouldn't slow the hell down.

• Everybody makes mistakes some time or the other. And from every mistake that they make , they learn something or the other. Sometimes you watch other people make mistakes , and you can learn some lessons from those mistakes too. But the best way to learn many things within a short time isi to read some books or watch some programs where they give you ready made solutions to various problems of life. You can also talk to men with wisdom and learn from what they have to say. Also use your imagination and common sence to keep you in the smart zone.

• I think it is more important to learn from your own mistakes but sometimes it is a good thing to observe what other people are doing.

• Can be, doesn't necessarily mean they're smart though.

• Yes, that's why most of my friends aren't as bright as myself. I get to see them make the mistake of doing something before I do. (i. e. quarry diving).

• Well it certainly helps if you do.

• It's a type of intelligence, yes. It's ability to find and apply wisdom without direct experience.

• Certainly. Life is too short to make all the mistakes yourself.

• they are most certainly smarter than people who dont even learn from their own mistakes.

• yes they are smart

• ok then sunny, what does smart mean to you? that word gets tossed around quite a bit.

• Smart is learning from others and when you learn from your own mistakes you made and learn to improve them. :)

• Yes of course, when you learn from a bad example, the bad example is the one who suffers not you and you are the one who watch watches and learns not to do that certain thing that way because from what you saw it did not work out for that bad example.

• so you are saying, that a persons experiences and judgement makes him smart?

• Some are.

• super smart. you can't learn without damaging yourself just watching at other people experiences

• Yes. I learned many things growing up watching other people make mistakes.

• yup, i do that, too.

• Definitely

• Yup smart people make mistakes, and they learn from the mistakes of others

• I do

• The hard way is the most effective why to learn

• Yeah I do think smart people learn from others mistakes. definitely

• Yeah if they learn but what happens if they see it and they do it them seems and repeat the cycle. Which a whole lot more.

People have this immunity attitude daying they won't happen to me im diffrent

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 2

• All the people learn from other's mistakes especially if they did a huge mistake and you see how sad and desperate they are

• Definitely!