Have you ever met any guys who are 40 or above, and they are still skinny?

I notice it's extremely rare to see a skinny guy who is 40 or above, but way common in 15 year old guys.

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Girl

• It's extremely rare to see skinny elderly people in general. But at 40 there's stil quite a few people on the thinner side, I'd say the metabolism/body of humans really only starts to deteriorate after 55-60.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, it's quite common in my country. Men like to stay fit here, even when they're in their 40s and 50s. All the major "national hobbies" (traditional things practically everyone does in my country) have to do with outdoor sports: hiking and swimming in the summer and skiing in the winter. My dad is in his late 50s and he also goes mountain climbing and he's been doing salsa dancing for the past 15 years. So he's in pretty good shape. My grandpa was also very skinny up until his death.

What Girls Said 12

• Of course.

Yeah but still it's rare. Like 1 out of 200.

I don't want to build muscle though. That's why I avoid sports as much as possible.

Not even slightly? My friend is 42 and plays hockey amd soccer. Neither of those leave him looking like a body builder. He stays pretty lean.

• Yep, I've seen them around.

• My grandpa is very old and very skinny it actually worries me

• Yes... o. O
    Either they're chubby or really skinny...

The ones that are rare at that age is the ones who are typically considered the hot body - athletic, wide shoulders and thinner waist...

I thought the athletic was way more common than the skinny in your 40s. Maybe differs from country to country.

Probably the difference in where you live...

• Occasionally, but yes most people get bigger as they age

• My uncle and few other relatives of mine.
    Also many people in public.

• Yes..

• there are some

• yeah, what's your point?

• I've seen stick skinny guys way over 40

• Yeah everyday I see tons

• Honestly I have seen guys 40 and older who are thinner than guys my own age.

What Guys Said 8

• I haven't met any but I've seen some in public. It looks really off, like you look at them from behind and they seem like a teenager except with broader shoulders but then you step in front of them and notice the older faces which completely don't match the frail body at all.

• I'm 31 and still as lean as fuck. But guess what, I move for at least 3 hours a day, so...

• I'm fit. I've never had to work at it, I just don't get fat... I can eat like a total pig and I just don't put on weight. High metabolism i guess...

• yeah lots. They get REALLY skinny after 60

• Yep. all the time actually..

• my father is one of them

• There are loads lol

• I am.
    It's a lot of hours in the gym, miles on the treadmill & watching how much I eat.