How clean of a person are you?

I just finished cleaning my place, and I feel much better with everything smelling fresh with things organized. That being said, I keep a tidy space overall.

How clean of a person are you?
What about you?

• Neat freak here! 🙋
  • I clean often enough, but I'm not super picky. 👍
  • Eh, I'll clean when others come over. 👨👩👴👵
  • My place is pigsty central. 🐷

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 30

• I have a threshold of dirtiness. I'll be fine with some dirtiness, but once that threshhold is hit, I go into full cleaning mode. That's when I sweep the floor, dust, organize, whatever I can. Otherwise I just end up doing the basic stuff like dishes/ laundry/ cleaning the bathroom on a regular basis. When I know others are coming over, I clean what I can.

On a side note though, I bet you'd hate my current roommate. He is super cool, but the downside rooming with him is that he is pretty messy. Example: he has a tendency to leave out unclean pans on the stove. When I first came into the place, the stovetop/microwave was filthy (like grease and bits of food stuck to the walls food), and the floor had dirt amongst it. I don't think he had ever cleaned the stove plates themselves.
    Within the first week, my threshold was hit and I cleaned everything lol. I had to get a kitchen cleaning brush and actually scrape off food particles from the top and sides of the microwave. We separated the parts of the sink so we wouldn't have to deal with each other's dishes as well 😅

Oh. My. Word. No. Nonononononono, haha. I couldn't do it. I don't know how you managed that. xD

Luckily, he is pretty open to communication. His whole philosophy is basically "if you have a problem, just say it. Don't let it simmer. Don't worry about my feelings. If I have a problem, I'll say it with you."
      It keeps animosity to a minimum 👍 We haven't gotten into any fight yet, so I guess that's always good lol

That's good at least. You're an easygoing guy and seem to settle conflict well anyway. :)

• I differentiate between a place being "dirty" and "untidy". For me, that's not the same thing. I absolutely hate dirt. So I can't deal with old food lying around and stuff like that. I can't deal with unwashed plates standing in the sink, that really annoys me. My girlfriend and I also don't let people walk around our apartment in their shoes. Even if it's the janitor, I ask him to take off his shoes.
    Untidiness on the other hand is totally okay for me. In fact, I like it when the apartment is a little untidy. This is especially true for our office room and my desk. If I write a paper for Uni, I need to have a lot of books and notes lying around. Sometimes I even put them on the floor or on the printer next to me. I would also stick post-its to my computer screen and sometimes to the window. It gives me the feeling of being really immersed in my work and my topic and somehow it helps me concentrate ;-). Albert Einstein once said "Only the fool needs tidiness. The genius controls the chaos." I guess he felt the same way haha :-).

I totally get that, and it makes sense. My roommate leaves food sitting out often. It makes me cringe.

• Neat freak here! 🙋

All thanks to my maid who cleans everything daily :P
    I don't have to worry that much for cleanliness. Maid does her job fairly well. Sometimes the dressing table and my bed are messed up because of my mom (and my own laziness) but my mom clears everything on Sundays :)
    As long as my computer table is clean, I don't give a shit about the rest of my house :D Sometimes my mom yells at me about how I don't put my clothes in the cupboard and books in the rack, but I think it gives a good expression to the people that how fashionable & studious I am, no? :P
    Dust is always a problem here. Bad bad climate here :/

Even on personal level, I'm very clean. I shower daily with quality products and use deosticks to keep sweat at bay, cologne for aromatic hair, keep my face shaved (once a week tho), brush my teeth & I wear clean clothes, thanks to my mom again. If you asked only about the house, sorry for tmi 🙊

Haha, nah, it's all good. If you keep one part of your life clean, it typically runs true for the rest of your life.

Luckily, I'm clean from inside too :P

• I keep my place spotless, like i can't stand books or TV remote controls lying on the sofa they have to be on the side table lol.

• Total Neat Freak - Option A all the way, I have to cleanup as I am doing things, seeing a mess would wind me up.

• I'm very clean, but totally disheveled. Haha

Like, you can swipe your finger across my dresser and bury your face in my bed linens and it's all squeaky clean... but you'll have to fight through my mess in order to do so. lol

• I am a total clean freak that is very organized and constantly vscuuming or washing dishes and the like. However, dusting is the one chore I always fall behind on. There is a layer of gray on my bookshelf.

• I voted B, but I'm moving towards A.

• My rom is always a mess. Rest of the house is better, but its still a bit cluttered. If I put stuff away I can't find anything.

• I have a tendency to do the major cleaning at the end of the month.

• I need a girl like you to help me clean

Haha, I'm a bit far, and I'm super expensive for my cleaning services. ;P

Yes I will but I will be fine. Thanks for hearing me out I feel more calmer now

Good, I'm glad.

• Well my bedroom is clean enough that a if a neat freak were to see it they would start frantically screaming right before the heart attack they'd suffer from all the shock.

• I'm pretty clean. I don't think I'm as clean as you are. I don't spend time cleaning my room unless I'm high. But I do usually put things where they should go and not throw them on the ground

• I recall when I as younger my mom would always ask if I was having someone over if I started cleaning. =x

I'm a messy person

• Option B. I don't need the space spotless! "Lived in" is good enough!

• Nest freak! I have to have a clean bathroom and shkwer. Just like I don't feel clean if I don't haha

• I voted B... clean when it takes cleaning but no freaky cleaning behavior.

• My kitchen, bathroom and showeroom are spotless. I take pride in them and they all get detail cleaned once per month along with the ongoing daily and weekly cleaning you would expect. When it comes to other parts of the house they are certainly clean but maybe not tidy.. Im a guy after all lol

• I'm between B and C, so I just picked C.

That's fair. 😊

As a sidenote, a girl I dated briefly would've been whatever is above option A. Neat freak seriously doesn't do her justice. Her place was immaculate. Spotless. Nothing out of place. Not a dish in the sink, not a chair where it shouldn't be. And no, it wasn't just because I was coming over. She even makes her daughter keep her room that way.

Hah, it helps some people feel better.

• My room is organised and pretty empty (there's nothing lying on the ground), but I don't hoover it often, and I rarely "clean" aside from that.

• My first day as a woman and I'm already getting hot flashes.. I voted not super picky.

• D./,'

• Very clean. It can be annoying to some people but shit needs to be squared away all the time.

• im a neat freak.. clutter makes me want to kill myself

• I am a supporter of 'SWATCH BHARAT CAMPAIGN"---a cleanliness drive in India..

I hadn't heard of that before.

For your kind information it is the biggest cleanliness drive in the whole of this world. Our Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi , launched the campaign by cleaning a public beach area. He was supported in the campaign by his Ministers also doing some cleaning on their own. Then there were brand ambassadors and well known personalities doing cleaning in their local areas. The citizens in each and every village and city in India also took part in cleaning their local areas. The campaign is still going on stronger and stronger day by day. Even the Ganga River , one of the biggest rivers in the world , is being taken up for cleaning. free of polluting substances.

• My room is the only place that gets messy, and I only clean it every couple of months.

• i like to be clean... meh, on keeping other things clean.

• I rarely clean, but I don't make a mess either. So my room is always clean.

• My place is pigsty central. 🐷

• I think I have a desk under here somewhere

Might want to send an excavation team to search for it. :P

I was going to if my crush wanted to come round for a movie but she's not interested, so I won't bother

What Girls Said 23

• It depends on the week and circumstances. Normally, fairly clean.

Buut (lol) something happened that made me have to shove everything into my walk in closet about 3-5 weeks ago.

Honestly, it was probably the worst timing ever because I was under extreme stress and busy as heck.

Until this last week, I haven't had the energy to take care of it.

- Took me from about 11am to 6pm (ish) to deep clean my closet yesterday. This includes sorting and putting away clean clothes.

- - Try to clean as I go, but they're usually taken care of after a day or two if it gets bad (dishes and cat litter are good examples).

• I clean my room quite often. Like dusting it, making sure that clothes aren't lying around, arranging them in wardrobe etc. But I am a messy person. As in, even though you won't find a speck of dust in it, you'll find that things are lying around here and there, like my books carelessly stacked on table, bedside, bed! pens lying around everywhere but pen stand... although I make sure that they don't lie around on floor 🙈🙈

Haha, a mix of clean and dirty. I could dust more than I do, for sure. You've got me beat there.

Hahaha true. My room is kinda small and quite bare so it hardly takes half an hour to complete it. My mom yells at me for keeping things lying around and I do keep them neatly. But in a hour or two... back to square one 😃😃

Haha. You've got some organization to your madness.

• "A"
    for Absolutely, @Empathetic Lady... How else is there to be?
    Good luck and Great question. xx

• I need my space to be clean. That being said, I'm thinking of going against doctors orders and partaking in vigorous activity of cleaning my room that I should have cleaned BEFORE my appointment.

Since I'll be in here all weekend lol.

• Option B babes 😁 It's always nice to have that feelin of being in a clean, nice smelling place haha

• Im super duper clean. I cannot stand a dirty house. Or a smelling car. or anything else dirty. #LysolOnTheGo LOlo

• I'm clean for the most part. I can't stand grime or nasty floors but I tend to leave things lying about.

• Sometimes I can get a bit crazy about having things neat and in order the way I like it but sometimes things get messy

• I'm ocd clean. 😆

• Very messy. I clean irregularly.. sometimes I clean it every other day, sometimes I clean once a week, and sometimes once a month, or when I'm expecting company. Right now it's very messy.

• Sometimes you gotta have to invite people over so that you have a reason to clean lol

• 99.9999999% of my house is clean.

• It depends. Either when I'm expecting company or it gets to feel like a maze lol.

• I do like my room clean, but rn it's a mess. I don't have enough space for my clothes. Should get a dresser soon tho

• Neat freak to the max... every night before I go to bed my room needs to be spotless

• Ever since I got my glasses I became neater.

• Neat freak right here 🙋🙋

• I'm a clean freak!

Right? I don't like things sitting out and being out of place.

Lol I could go on and on about cleaning. I'm very specific with the products I use to clean with also.

• I clean often enough no freak

• I clean when I'm expecting people.

• Uncleanliness drives me insane. I can't go an hour without my house being spotless. lol

• Piggy central yasssss

• Neat freak. I have a cleaning schedule. I hate mess and disorder in the home