Whats your opinion on God?

Do you think he exists? Do you believe in him if so why and why not? I dont get why when people are suffering the most they pray even if they dont believe that makes no sense to me. just want to know your opinion

Most Helpful Guy

• To me, over the years, there have been moments when God proved to me he is real, in ways it was too much so to be a coincidence, i would happily explain each instance but this doesn't give me enough space to write them, itd be like 3 to 4 pages long, maybe longer. Even before the first time he did, i still prayed to him and believed in him out of faith in him and trust. Every single time he hasn't let me down, i know a lot of people who have trouble with thinking that if he exists why do certain things happen to them or why certain things were allowed. When in fact he is with them in those moments and certain things must happen in order for the chain of events can happen down the road. For example, say a person helped another person out, then after some time the second person helped out another and so on. Id happily explain more indepth, but again, lack of space, if youd like i could explain more through the inbox on here. The reason they pray in time of crisis, or hardships, is because those who believe in him and love him and have faith in him and follow him, he listens to their prayers, he's even there for those who dont believe, now he may not answer a prayer exactly how someone wants it to be fixed or done, but he does do it to whats best for us and at the time its needed. Its them praying that allows them to call for his help, even just talking to him as if he were in front of you. It shows faith that they believe he is there and it is like a personal bond between them and God, kind of like a secret or closeness.

What Guys Said 16

• I have absolutely no belief in any god or supernatural power whatsoever. It is in my opinion extremely unlikely (to put it mildly) that any supernatural power exists. Let alone a personified god as portrayed by the bible, koran or torah. Yet, I am but a human and I do not have absolute certain knowledge that god doesn't exist. I have to admit that even if the chances of god existing are only a gazillionth of one percent, the possibility cannot be ruled out altogether. This makes me an agnostic atheist. For all every-day life means and purposes however, we can safely assume that god or gods does/do not exist.

• It's in the Bible:
    Total number killed by God in the Bible
    - Using biblical numbers only: 2,821,364
    - With estimates: 25 million
    - See more at: dwindlinginunbelief.blogspot.be/.../...-bible.html
    No comment needed.

• genesis 6:4
    There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown

Enoch chapter 6
    And it came to pass when the children of men had multiplied that in those days were born unto them beautiful and comely daughters. 2. And the angels, the children of the heaven, saw and lusted after them, and said to one another: 'Come, let us choose us wives from among the children of men and beget us children.

cdn.ebaumsworld.com/2012/01/82173472/giant.jpg

It was 12 ft 2 in (3.71 m) tall, weighed 2 tonnes (4000lbs) , and had 6 toes on its right foot. After being exhibited in Dublin, it was brought to England and exhibited in Liverpool and Manchester at sixpence a head
    www.6000years.org/graphics/irish%20giant.jpg

calmcrash.files.wordpress.com/.../...feet-tall.jpg

• Gods ways are not our own. He has a reason for everything that he allows and we are just to trust that he has his best intentions for us and to trust he knows what he is doing no matter what may happen.

I believe that he allows these bad things to happen for good and for the good of the world as a whole. Here is a example like when people sin and are disobedient to his word it is him you are being disobedient to, knowing that he is in control of all circumstances he could also knock you on your back in a instent if he wanted to, and he might may also put you in jail to protect you, (not as a punishment) but to protect you well from yourself as well.

Keep in mind this is just from my own observations/experiences I am not claiming this to be a fact. Thanks.

• God is a symbol for a higher source of power. I'm sure almost all humans agree that there is a higher source of power, obviously

That also means that religion and god are two separate entities. You don't have to believe in religion to believe in god

• (1) No I don't
    (2) No I couldn't logically prove to myself a deity's existence
    (3) I think it is a comfort thing mainly

Ur an atheist?

@Prettyapathetic To tell you the truth, I am not sure what I am. I don't believe in a God but I am okay with other people having faith. I googled the two definitions , Agnostics say that the existence of God can't be proven and Atheist say there is no God. Atheists can be quite hardcore in their beliefs, (I am right, you are wrong) while Agnostics are probably more accepting of religious people. I was born a Catholic but lost my faith in my teens. The fairest description of me is I am an Atheist with an Agnostic temperament, (Live and Let Live)

• I'm not certain there isn't. I firmly believe there is no "Gods plan" or that bullshit, we are totally in control of our own lives. Anybody controlling this mess would have to have one fucked up sense of humor.

• Yes, I beleive in God. He is definitely in my life. If there is no God then nothing matters at all.

• I pray, but I think He's a spectator

• I don't believe in God. It just makes no sense to me and there is no proof at all

• I believe in the one true God giant spaghetti monster who wouldn't

• I believe in God and why? Because I believe that there is an invisible force that guides me through life and I believe that force is God.

• I do not believe in god because the concept is internally illogical and there is no evidence. Not only that, but there logically could be no evidence for such a proposition.

• I'm an agnostic atheist, so I don't believe in God because there's no evidence that he exists. I have never met an atheist who prayed during times of crisis. I've known some non-religious people who prayed during tough times, but atheist is not the same as non-religious.

• I think that even if there ever were any "gods", they all had long abandoned us all to suffer and die on our own terms in this miserable world in which we create the suffering for ourselves and other life on our planet, as that's the catch of "free will". The more I think about it the more I feel it is irrelevant to "pray" or worship any gods at all completely regardless of whether they exist or do not exist. Pantheism is my views on deities and religions that focus on worshipping and praying to any number of deities.

• It'd mathematical impossible to create the earth is 7 days because I would take the 10 times the intire energy production of the sun squeezed into the area of the earth witch would instantly cause a black hole

What Girls Said 6

• No he does not exist.
    If he did... Why are children starving... Why are newborns murdered?
    God is all powerful but he needs our help to defeat what he created... He can create us and strike us with lightning in a split second but he can't get rid of Satan lol yeah right. I used to be religious when I was little and I loved "god" until I started studying other religions. I now see why many religious countries are against people learning about other religions.

• Yes I believe God is real because creation is proof of the creator (just like a painting and a house is proof of a painter and a builder) just look how complicated DNA is, u asked why (if God exists) does He allow suffering... that's because of free will ( and sin) God gives us a choice... but it won't always b like that one day there will be a judgment day when sinners will be punished.

• We are responsible for our own actions while God spectates

• The force that set all this shit into motion, the creator. I think the universe is much bigger than our tiny little problems.

• God is a stupid faceless coward.

• Dont believe in one.