How can I come up with some goals for my life?

I was seeing my therapist and we were talking about how I'm kind of at a standstill with my life. I have no goals. I dont know what I want to do with my life. How can I come up with some goals? I can't come up with anything.

2mo I meant come up with a long term goal by the way

Most Helpful Guy

• Do you have anything that draws your interest?

I told my doctor that my passion is writing but he just said what else? That's all I want to do. I felt like he was trying to say it wasn't realistic to plan to write a book and publish it.

What a coincidence, I too want to be a writer.
      My advice is to simply begin writing something, anything, that you find interesting. If you have an idea you think will work in a story, write it down. That's what I do. Just please don't quit writing, it's wonderful when you put your mind to it.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think what you should do is just get out in the world and experience everything you can possible, like going to plays, joining classes just for the sake of experience or socializing, like ballet, piano, scuba diving, sowing, etc. Travel a bit, visit neighboring cities or parts of town you haven't been to much. Join a gym. Go to stores like Wal-Mart to go to the crafts section. Maybe you can make bracelets and other thing and sell them, or become a seller through Ebay, Amazon, etc.

The reason I say do these things is because something might pop out at you and give you an idea of what you want to do.

What Guys Said 2

• Get a job? Or a better job? Or move up in your career? Get a place? Or a better place? Get in shape? Get an education? Or a higher degree?

• Become a stripper stay in shape get a phd win a noble prize become a millionaire those are some easy ones of the top of my head

What Girls Said 0