How would you feel if your partner posted a sexy picture on social media?

So I'm dating this girl and not too long ago she posted a sexy picture on Instagram. Showing off her body. Things like that are a totally turn off to me, like showing off your body on social media just to have a couple guys and girls drool over you. Am I just being a prude?

Most Helpful Girl

• To be honest, I would feel the same way if my boyfriend posted such pictures.

I bet the girl you're dating enjoys the attention she receives.

Most Helpful Guy

• When I was younger it would drive me crazy is someone looked at "my girl"fast forward 10/15, years and it doesn't bother me , as much. Now a days social media is the platform people can express themselves. Did you tell her it bothers you? Are the overly provocative?
    If you sit back and take a look at the big picture I bet they aren't that bad and even thou your guys are dating she is still her own person. It's not "your body" as someone commented. Follow me on this one. People buy cars and rims with stero systems, fancy clothes, expensive paintings. People take pride in showing what they have. Maybe not you perse but if you have a pretty girl you should be flattered other people find her pretty as well. Don't get we wrong if her FB account has single as her status and is messaging guys then maybe we have an issue, but if you step back take a look at it and take the "my girl" out of the mix is the picture still offensive? Prob not. Talk with you girlfriend communication is what makes a relationship stand the test of time. Good luck

What Girls Said 11

• No your not being a prude. Thats your girl. once in a relationship thats YOUR body. Not everyone elses too.

Thanks! Kind of hard to know nowadays since everyone is getting overly sensitive when a guy tells his girlfriend when he's not okay with her doing something.

a lot of people nowadays can't grasp what relationship means

Well it's not his body. It's hers

• I wouldn't be bothered. I'd just comment something like "that's my man 😍😍" (not in a possessive way, more just like flirting).

• No, it's natural to feel the way you do. There are no reasons for her to post such pictures. Ask her why.

• no you're right.. it means that the person is seeking attention from other people and you don't need that in your life because this gives you an idea of how things will be in the future (if any)

• It's not your body so I don't see a problem with it. Plus some people like posting sexy pics.

• No I don't think you are being prude.
    I would have to see the photo to leave a totally honest opinion but more and more young girls are posting these thirty photos on social media just to gain a little attention.
    Personally all that attention means nothing unless it's from someone I truly care about.
    Maybe you should talk to her about it in a non confrontational manner. But you don't want to appear to be over jealous and controlling

• I agree with you, it is totally unnecessary when you have a boyfriend. Unless you never tell her she is beautiful and she feel the need to hear it. But I doubt you never do that :)

• No, I think it's natural that you'd want your girlfriend to demonstrate some modesty. You can't chsnge her however, so itd be best to brush it off.

• Personally, I would be furious. ... what is between myself and him needs to stay between us... Unless I was on the hunt for someone else. ...

• Sexy pictures are not allowed. I would feel bad obviously.

• She might not do it just to get them to drool over her but because she wants to. Sometimes you just want to flatter your ego. You want to show off what you got. If it's a major turn off you could talk to her about it but I don't see why she shouldn't.

What Guys Said 9

• That's like saying people get into modeling just because they want people to drool all over them. Some people really just like their form, their arms and stuff. Even if they know that other people see different value in it, it's hard to fight the urge to be, for lack of a better word expressive.

I might not be comfortable about it personally. It would depend on the girl and what our sex life is like. Like if she never puts out and then she starts modeling or posting pics on the net then I would find that extremely disrespectful.

• no, she's very immature and shallow to do that. I'd be turned off too... women who do that ARE objects-by their own choosing. and they aren't keepers.

• i would be like, look at all these horny dogs commenting and liking this pic, but they are not the guy who is fucking her.

• Maybe it's cuz she "wants" to. So what? If you don't like it, then talk to her about it or leave her. If u don't want others seeing her body, that's reasonable

• I couldn't care less.
    I am more focused on if the time that my partner and I spend together is satisfying or not.

• I would be shocked. But not because of the picture, because of the partner. How could I ever find a partner?

• I wouldn't like it.

• If it was of me, i'd be furious. If it was of her, i'd ask her how long she'd been using photoshop.

• Yes you are being a total prude!