Has anyone ever cut you in a line before? and how did you react if so?

And if someone hasn't cut you before, how do you think you would react?

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah "tried to", last night and the night before. I was drunk so I got quite over reactive but it was funny cause it was always tall guys (and im tiny) and they don't know how to react to me when I call them out on it and tell them to go behind me.
    Usually I argue with them because they think they can justify their behaviour lol. NOPE not happening with me. Usually I stop them with my hand or finger and say "nuh uh, where do you think you're going?" 😂

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 33

• Yes, they have. If it's someone who is obviously aware of what they're doing (so raised in this area), I've told them there's a line and pointed to the end.

Often, unfortunately, it's people who are obvious recent immigrants. I'm talking mostly middle-eastern/east-indian elderly men and women who are unaware of the whole concept of what a queue is. I usually just let them cut because, well... they probably don't speak a word of English. There'd be no use in my trying to explain it to them so I just grin and bear it in those cases.

• Oh, all the time :P I think that one of the English stereotypes is that we greatly value queuing - and we do. It's the heart and soul of England, it's what supports us :P Some people are arseholes though and just ignore the rules. Unfortunately, the other English thing is that we don't like to make a scene. If someone cuts in the line, I'll probably passive aggressively glare at the back of their head rather than actually tell them to move.

• Yes and I let them pass without saying anything because I am too passive and don't like trouble 😓

• A guy cut in front of me and another female friend. She started to say "Whatever happened to ladies first?" But then I reminded her aloud that we're not ladies, we're real women! ;-P

• Yes. I didn't really say anything, she was elderly and it didn't bother me. Just see no point in making a scene, people are just in the hurry to get somewhere before me. Which still doesn't bother me lol

• A few times. I tapped them on the shoulder and politely asked them to go where they belong: at the back of the line.

=)

And they did. (With some protesting... or a bit of a verbal fight.)

• yes it happened before while i was waiting at checkout >:( >:( i told that person that i was here before him.. and he back off

• Nope, LoL, people in my town know very well that it's not a good thing to cut me in a line :P

https://cdn.meme.am/instances/59590543.jpg

• ugh! People do that all the time in Greece. I admit I've done it too. Usually, I cut the person who cut me, or I tell them 'excuse me, but I was here before you'. When I'm not in a hurry I might let it slide

• I only cut in like if my friend or family member is standing there. Otherwise I do not cut in line. I don't say anything when people do, but I'm tired of letting people get away with their shit so I might next time someone decides to do that. I normally hate causing scenes and just let things slide ugh.

• Yes and it usually some foreigners from *certain countries*

Usually I will give them a look telling them *get back to your place*

It works every time so I guess they able to read my gestures 😂

• All the time in the school canteen line. It happens so often and usually with several people, so I can't really do anything about it.

• Yes, not too long ago an old lady cut in line front of me. I couldn't say anything because it was an old lady.

• Yes, I have had it happen. It's annoying, but I didn't say anything.

• Chuck norris their ass.

• Yup, I was cut in a line by a huge guy and his girlfriend. They thought they could get away with it because the guy had arms made of silicone. I was in a very bad mood, I had been waiting for two hours in that line... I literally yelled at them lol. I think they're never doing this again.

• No, I'm ferocious looking in real life.

• Yes, it has happened. And I kindly pointed them. in the direction of the back of the line.

• Not to my knowlledge.

• oh ya! i'm like hey move to the back

• yes it depends on my mood

• Yes, if I'm in a hurry, I say something. If not, I let it go.

• Nah I look too bitchy for some asshole to cut in front of me and if they did they'd get the death stare.

• yes and i kicked them out of my way

• It happened to me plenty of times. It's annoying but I like to be the bigger person and not argue.

• Death glare.

• Yesterday 😡😡😡😡

• Twice. I didn't react. I just let it be

• yes, and I told them it wasn't right.

• Yes, I was so mad. I told them off.

• More from Girls
    3

What Guys Said 19

• Well if it's a short line and moving fast I let it go. But if it's like waiting at the DMV or a ride at a theme park we'll...
    http://i.imgur.com/zcqvpWN.gif

You used your legs the wrong way, so I take them from you 😈!!!

• I am sure it has happened before but I am like is it worth it getting annoyed about it - 99% of people respect it - Some countries have much stronger queueing traditions than others - The thing that gets me is the leaving one person there to hold about 20 spots in the line

• Call them out on it. If they ignore it, call them out, LOUDLY and publicly SHAME THEM so everyone hears!
    What else can you do? It's illegal to beat the crap out of idiots now! :)

• I tell them the back of the line is back there. That's as far as you should really go... it's not worth ending up in jail or hospital over it. I've seen arguments in the supermarket when the line is long because considerate people left a gap for others to get past and someone figured that was the end and jumped in.

• It happens often.
    I'll react according to how it's done, to who does it, to my mood, to how much of a hurry I'm in.

• Actually never. Sometimes I let people go ahead of me if they have less items or they look like they are in a hurry or a crying child

• yeah. it really depends if im in a rush or not. if im not in a rush ill just let it go, its not worth the confrontation. if im in a rush i say something. one time i just cut right back in front of him and said o this is the place we cut in line lol.

• I beat him to a pulp. Problem solved.

• Yeah David in 3rd grade. He was a fat kid that wanted to get to lunch before me. He pushed me into the sand from behind to try and take my spot. I lumped him up. I kept my place in line and they called our moms at the end of the day.

• Nope.

• Yup it was really cute. He looked a little scared as i brushed him aside.

• I would imagine that it was just the 2 of us their, and everyone else would disappear. Raise my fist up in the air and...

Then I would come back to my senses and forget about it and go on about my day.

• Yeah. Hate it. I usually tell them excuse me but I was there first. Most of the time it starts at argument

• Lots of times. Depends on the mood i'm in, sometimes i say something, sometimes i just can't be bothered. Doesn't really matter who they are, massive guy with tattoos, cute girl or little old lady. I'd see it as rude whoever did it and i wouldn't think how they would react or anything. It just totally depends on my mood.

• If they ask me politely I leave them
    If they just do it , well they regret it

• Yep, I just tell them politely to go to the end of the line.

• yes they did, i react with some super anti PC passive aggressiveness.

• I was surprised, but people instantly told him to get back, stupid cunt