Anyone took part in an association?

like volunteering
if so, what was the ONG and why did you choose it?
how was your experience overall and are you still part of it?

Most Helpful Guy

• I make donations to the maternal order of police and i've done volunteer work in the past like helped work on assembly lines in factories and warehouses when they were down workers. Then I help out homeless folks when I can I buy them a meal or something if I happen to see one and I have the money and chat with em and stuff.

Then I belong to a national cigar club which also does things for our soldiers like send them cases of quality cigars and other goods and we all donate several of our own to the organization for that purpose.

And I'll be hoping the NRA soon.

Other then that nope.

Most Helpful Girl

• I volunteered for PETA, I'm also in a student committee & I'm thinking about joining the WWF in addition

What Guys Said 14

• I love volunteering! This morning I helped myself to a cream cheese bagel. Volunteering tastes good.

omg that s the best
      I always get it when I go to the coffee shop next to my univ <3

• I'mdoing volunteer work but it's nothing "social", it's just doing some work for a non-profit organization I'm a member of. Related to my hobby and with the aim of keeping our hobby affordable :D

what s your hobby?

ow that s pretty cool
      I wanna try that XD

Whenever you're in Belgium the right seat of my plane is available :D
      I'll challenge you to learn something about it today: find me how many meters a nautical mile is and how many centimeters 1 foot is!
      That's part of my navigation course :D

• Don't think I've ever been a part of anything like that.

• i was in an organization similar to the scouts once. it was cool. i was even in charge of all of it for one year, it really helped a lot with my leadership skills.

• I volunteer from time to time in an association who teaches emotional intelligence to teenagers, and I currently contribute to a libre software project.

My main motivation for doing so has been that they really have a huge positive impact in society.

• Helping kids/young adults get their GEDs. I got through to a few people, but those who needed it most couldn't make their appointments so it was frustrating. Eventually, I gave up since I would have to be there full time to make a difference.

• I've volunteered for a few things.

All of which involve children because they're awesome.

• Yes I did at a library I'd also like clean their parking lot and pick up the litter and stuff.

• if sports clubs count, yes. if not... then no :P

• Back in highschool I had to do 49 hours to graduate

• I don't have time for that.

• I did back in high school.

• are you high?

• Women are incapable of caring

What Girls Said 7

• I worked for science association in my school. It involved organizing science related things - exhibitions, lectures etc.

• I never did :(
    Sad face because thinking about it makes me feel useless. I'm waiting for the day when I will contribute to part of something important and help the community or whatever. I don't even have a job :/

• Nope

• yes I have, it was about helping refugees from everywhere. I loved doing it and I am still part of it

• I was in a student committee in my old student residence. Also volunteered for two weeks in an animal shelter when I was little.

• Yea I did
    It was environmental

• Yes, I did voluntary work in Ghana for four weeks.