Why is English so weird?

It's just a weird language. And yes it's my native language and I love it, but it is pretty weird.

Most Helpful Girl

• My native language is Spanish and English is so weird lol it's hard to lear and some words are spelled the same like?

Most Helpful Guy

• Because English is a hybrid language. At the core, it is a cross between Romance and Germanic languages (Syntax is German, but a slight majority of our root vocabulary is Romance). Also it has picked up words from many other languages over the years, especially American English, and use them in everyday speech.

What Girls Said 2

• It's weird, I agree with you

• I like it cause it easier to learn than most languages <3

its actually considered one of the hardest to learn. Only if you're a native speaker is it easy.

I'm currently learning Russian and I already speak Spanish and french. I'm telling you English was the easiest. (I'm Brazilian btw)

What Guys Said 2

• Weird? No, not weird, just easy as fuck xD

According to my last 3 Spanish teachers, it's waayy harder to learn English than Spanish.

I speak Portuguese natively (which is similar to Spanish), I can speak and understand English but I can't understand many things when people start talking only in Spanish. English was easy for me to learn as well...

• Took me many years , but it always sounded Scandinavian