Why is English so weird?

It's just a weird language. And yes it's my native language and I love it, but it is pretty weird.

0|0
3|3

Most Helpful Girl

• My native language is Spanish and English is so weird lol it's hard to lear and some words are spelled the same like?

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Because English is a hybrid language. At the core, it is a cross between Romance and Germanic languages (Syntax is German, but a slight majority of our root vocabulary is Romance). Also it has picked up words from many other languages over the years, especially American English, and use them in everyday speech.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• It's weird, I agree with you

0|0
    0|0
  • I like it cause it easier to learn than most languages <3

0|0
    0|0
    • 2mo

its actually considered one of the hardest to learn. Only if you're a native speaker is it easy.

• 2mo

I'm currently learning Russian and I already speak Spanish and french. I'm telling you English was the easiest. (I'm Brazilian btw)

What Guys Said 2

• Weird? No, not weird, just easy as fuck xD

0|0
    0|0
    • 2mo

According to my last 3 Spanish teachers, it's waayy harder to learn English than Spanish.

• 2mo

I speak Portuguese natively (which is similar to Spanish), I can speak and understand English but I can't understand many things when people start talking only in Spanish. English was easy for me to learn as well...

• Took me many years , but it always sounded Scandinavian

0|0
    0|0