My (adopted) nephew got a tattoo of his biological mothers name, my sister who raised him is very hurt?

He never knew his mother but he wanted something that reminded him of her. He did it without telling my sister. My sister is very hurt and she feels he is shutting her out. She doesn't even want him to come home until he gets rid of it. Even then she may not forgive him. How can I make this better? I feel like I am going to cry.

What Guys Said 1

• Kinda messed up he has give up his bi-logical family for family that bought like he was in food market

What Girls Said 2

• I've never been in a situation like this but I kind of see where he's coming from, he wants a reminder of who gave him life, in the other hand your sister raised him and it has to be very hurtful for her. I wouldn't know what to tell you. I hope she somehow understands

I understand that you don't know what to tell me. I don't even know what to do.

it must be so hard, I feel terrible. I hope your family solves this.

• I think she kinda needs to be respectful about what he's going through. I personally have no idea what it must be like to be adopted. I'm guessing she doesn't either. Maybe he felt he had to do that..

I get that. I don't know how I would react either to be honest with you. My sister feels she is in competition with his biological mother.

It's not a competition. His biological can never get back the years your sister spent raising him. But your sister can never be the woman who carried him for 9 months and gave him life.

For some people that doesn't matter. My half siblings were adopted by my father.. as adults my sister couldn't care less about her bio dad. My dad is her dad. But my brothers feel a pull towards him.. and that's understandable.

Everyone deals with these things differently and nobody's wrong. I think you're sis needs to give him a bit of space.