Do you agree with this Oscar Wilde quote?

"There is only one thing in the world worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about."
-Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Grey

Do you agree?

Ever hear anyone say,"any publicity is good publicity?" I think that follows the same lines as the quote.

Would you rather be talked about, even if it's negative, versus never be talked about?
I'm not one to go looking to start drama, but I just went through some drama with a friendship that went south, and I know for a fact I was being talked about negatively. Do I care? No. And I'm proud of myself for not giving a fuck because I really think I've come into my own over the past few years. Not as much bothers me as it used to.

Most Helpful Guy

• I agree. Being ignored means you ain't making a difference. No matter who you're voting/you'd vote for in the US election, both candidates have downsides to them, and some rather big downsides. That said, what makes them get criticized/hated on by one side is frequently what gives them respect from the other side. They're loved for the same reasons they are hated most of the time.
    If you're essentially invisible it means you dont have an opinion, you dont have any particular objective that people recognize, you dont have an influence on people's lives, so you're not important in a social sense on any level.

What Guys Said 9

• People have always talked about me because I stand out so much, and it really used to bother me that they did. What I've learned is that people talk about what excites/interests/repulses/captivates them. In other words, if you're something different, you will get talked about.

The positive is that I've been on girls' radar in most social situations I've been in precisely because I do stand out so much. Girls like men who stand out, and what makes me stand out gets me talked about by both negative people and by girls who would like to date me. Good with the bad.

• I agree with it as long as they don't hate on me. If they hate on me I'm like wtf and get really pissed.
    To quote little Wayne, the fakest rapper of all time,
    "So fuck you all who hatin' for no reason"

• Sounds like Tronald the D talking.

• I guess

• naah i dont agree with that

• No. It sounds like something a Kardashian would say. Or the husband of one.

• ... Depends on how far it gets taken, but most of the time I'd say it's true.

• No I don't agree with that?

• depends on if you're an attention slut or media whore or not.

What Girls Said 2

• I guess I would rather not be talked about but as for agreeing with the quote? Absolutely not. There are billions of things worse in the world than "being talked/not talked about". That doesn't even make my list of top 100.

• Uh no.