I was just informed that my college roommate is a rapist. What do I do?

Convicted. In a real court. Failed appeal.
I'm not concerned about him raping me, but I don't want to room with him anymore, but I also don't want him to know that.

Most Helpful Girl

• Did he rape a woman or a man? Lol

A woman. Hence me not being concerned about my personal safety.

Just change rooms

They can't legally deny you. Tell them he wears sweaters that contain fibers you're allergic to. Tell them he tried to touch you. Whatever makes them sympathetic

Most Helpful Guy

• Then find a way to move out to another apartment or dorm room. Is it a dormitory at the college? Or were there any papers or agreement for renting the property you both are currently staying at that you both had to sign before they allowed you to stay and live there?

What Girls Said 1

• Tell your RA or whoever and ask to be moved.

What Guys Said 6

• Tape your butthole

• Talk to a housing administrator and tell him you have irreconcilable differences. You don't have to mention the reason if you don't want to.

• Lmao just go beat him or threat him like u heard what he's doing and beat the shit out of him if he Attempts to do such thing like that.

• So... Move out.

I'd love to, but I can't leave the dorms because I'd lose my financial aid, and if I file a roommate transfer request, that violates the above criteria.

Quite the conundrum.

• rape him back

• What kind of rapist... Statutory? or the other kind?

Yeah man, that's crazy. It thought you could deny to rent to a convicted rapist at least.
    Why would they think that allowing a convicted rapist to live on school housing would be a good idea?

Not sure what it's called legally. Whatever coercion falls under.

I find it unfair that you have to share a room with a convicted rapist or lose out on financial aid paying for your room. The school is kinda fucking you over here.