Why do women vote for Trump?

Just a little curious is all. I want to see some convincing opinions of why.

So considering Trump has made many sexist and disgusting comments in the past and present about women, why would any woman want to vote for him?

Here's some quotes to put into perspective if you never actually researched it.
"26,000 unreported sexual assults [sic] in the military-only 238 convictions. What did these geniuses expect when they put men & women together?"
— Weighing in on the military sexual assault problem on Twitter in May 2013

"Well you know, pregnancy is never — it's a wonderful thing for the woman, it's a wonderful thing for the husband, it's certainly an inconvenience for a business. And whether people want to say that or not, the fact is it is an inconvenience for a person that is running a business."
— During an interview with NBC's Dateline in October 2004

"Look at that face. Would anyone vote for that? Can you imagine that, the face of our next president? I mean, she's a woman, and I'm not supposed to say bad things, but really, folks, come on. Are we serious?"
— Talking about Carly Fiorina during a Rolling Stone interview in September 2015

• I don't vote for him, he's a sexist pig!
  • I just don't care if he's sexist!
  • I didn't know he said these things or that he may be a sexist
2mo Things to remember: This is my opinion and how I see him, I am not saying any facts and just trying to create a debate.
2mo Thanks everyone for debating with everyone and thanks to most of you for keeping it civilized and not personal. To the others that did well... you need to touch up on your debating skills. Also sorry for the biased poll, I realized I should've made it more generalized but oh well.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm convinced that because they're republicans they have to keep up the non-politically correct image so they pretend it doesn't bother them, even if they are offended by things he has said.

Or they're convinced that because "he tells. only the truth" that he would be a good president. I mean I can tell the truth too and I'd be a shitty president. Plus he's lied on too many occasions.

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 30

• I voted c because he is NOT sexist. Everything he's said he can explain.. pregnancy is an inconvenience in the work force. Women can't do as much when they are pregnancy, have tons of doctors appointments, need to take off from work not only after the baby is born but for the next few years considering the baby won't be able to stay home if he's sick.

Another "sexist" thing he said was that women shouldn't get paid as much as men until they do the work men can do. Which is completely true. Why should we get paid money for just being a woman? I think that would be considered even more sexist.

Trump has plenty of women who are powerful that work for him. Just look at the respect he has for the women in his family!

The whole Rosie O'Donnell pig scenario wasn't nice but in all fairness she wasn't being nice either... they were going back and forth at each other. Once again, he has the right to defend himself. He shouldn't have to hold back just because she's a woman.

in politics, you cater to the stupid, to the perceived, those unable to see past the words, if you have to explain what he's saying, then he's obviously coming across in the wrong light according to your opinion.

@jjesica346 oh really? how so?

• 28d

Hell yeah, you are awesome Puppylove94!

• So biased he's not even a sexist okay why do you say that bs? You think you're sucking up to women when you just look small and insignificant. Trump isn't a racist (I bet the kkk was paid to support him), he isn't a sexist (or at least not as much as Hillary who craps on males all the time), and it's just amazing how well he's doing considering people like you believe everything the media says about him and spread the word to dumb people.

I mean everything I've seen are direct quotes from him so I have my own opinion of him. I don't really see much media about him considering I live in Canada. Mostly from his debates, his Twitter and his past has given me a good interpretation of who he is.

@jjesica346 both Clinton and trump have the intelligence for the job- Yale and UPenn graduates they are. I just feel voting third party is stupid and trump is better then Hillary. My opinion. We're all entitled to different opinions.

• 28d

HAHAHA! Love it!

• Because the majority of people aren't voting with their mind, they are voting on feelings. Some women don't care about your logical explanations all they know is that this is what the men in their lives are telling them to vote for and they want to be accepted so they go along with what the men in their lives say.

Pretty much...

@VictoriousSausage I thought Canada's race for Prime Minister was bad, but thankfully Justin Trudeau is a decent PM.

Calm down everyone, I'm a Christian, and I grew up around extremely religious people. I personally know this is how things work in some people's homes. Notice I didn't say all, because I know there are exceptions.

• The REAL question is... why does anyone...

• media.giphy.com/media/z9P3KhmIXDRlu/giphy.gif

It might be because they aren't educated. Or maybe they are racist. Or ya know what maybe they are like this woman.

crooksandliars.com/.../34198.jpg?ts=1471023905

Just plain Dumb.

• Lol I'm not. That guy is an idiot and he proved it way more last night.

He cannot debate at all, he says irrelevant things to the debate that adds nothing, it was kinda sad.

@jman46241 yea, but that guy never got a chance to talk. Trump was always either ignoring him or interrupting him

That went on both sides actually.. Hr. Holt lost control no more than 10 minutes into the debate. Trump did answer his questions (not very effectively) He seemed to be more critical towards Donald. Hillary talked right over him as well, which I thought was just fine.

• Good question. I wouldn't know the answer to it.
    Not to mention that he called former Miss Universe "Miss Piggy" and "Miss Housekeeping" (she is from Venezuela). And people still want to claim that he's not racist and sexist?

• Anyone remember the Mrs. Piggy comment? The chick was anorexic and he was like "too fat for my liking"

• Trump mocks everybody. How is it sexist to insult a woman for her looks when he'd say the same about a man? I'm not saying he's not but these aren't great examples. And he's probably right about the pregnancy thing tbh...

I'm not voting for Trump cuz he's a bully. To both genders. Not cuz I have some sense of injured victimhood over what he says about some women.

It isn't victimization if he's said more than these quotes, I only named a few. It is clear that he does not think greatly of women at the least. I mean he's said he finds breast feeding disgusting, and he also deleted a tweet saying if Hillary can't satisfy her husband, how can she satisfy America. Cmon...

Give me any proof that he's insulted a man or anything close to what he's insulted women. I mean he basically said that if you put men and women in the same place, sexual assault just makes complete sense.

totally agree with @starliteyes

Okay but to put it back into context, I didn't say trump doesn't mock everyone. I mean he's been racist too but I didn't feel the need to add this into the question. The fact is he's said some VERY questionable things about women. I am not victimizing anyone because they have already been victims of trumps words. If anything trump insulted men too because he thinks that men can't control their penis's when they're with women which he implies about the sexual assault topic.

• I don't think Donald Trump should be President. He is rude, crude, racist, and a womanizer. But, that's his personal life. I think a man or a woman who sleeps from bed to bed isn't fit. If his marriage isn't stable, he isn't stable. He has to focus on the American people. Not on who his next wife is going to be. Yes, he's rich and talk a good game. Mentally, he is unstable. How could he identify with working Americans, middle class, and poor people. He was born in a rich wealthy family. I really don't think Donald Trump gives a damn about anybody but himself, his kids, money, and the women in his life. He has a narcissistic personality.

• He is such a fucking moron lol

Undecided women are the key demographic they both need to go after right now and Hillary baited the fuck out of him and now gets to just sit back an giggle as he self destructs. It's beautiful :)

• I haven't decided yet but Why? For lack of a better choice maybe.

Why not 3rd party?

Hillary is the best choice for your country. Don't be fooled by all the accusations being spewed about her. She isn't perfect, but she's owned up to her mistakes like an adult. She's been instrumental in many great initiatives, including accessible health care for 8 million children, lowering the cost of health insurance for many families, securing peace with previously volatile nations, and much more. The mistakes Trump's team keep dredging up are mostly false or at the very least highly over exaggerated. She's also being held to a completely different standard than any other presidential candidate ever has been. For example, during the time that George W Bush was sitting president, 8 different diplomatic compounds were attacked yet we barely heard a peep about any of them. Furthermore, Clinton has been cleared by every investigation the Republicans have elicited of any wrongdoing in relation to the Benghazi attack. She's far from the first high level politician to use a personal

Email account and has owned up to that mistake on multiple occasions.

For me, the only thing from her past that does really bother me is her rumoured I'll treatment of the women involved in her husbands extramarital affairs. However, much of the accusations against her are hearsay and I do not think it's fair to hold her to a higher standard than her own husband, who's largely been brushed off. She shouldn't be judged because of his behaviour.

• I used to like him but I dont anymore. I liked him because he spoke so openly against illegal Mexican immigration and isis.

• I have no idea. He's a dick to everyone, not just women. He's more of an asshole towards hispanics and muslims that women it seems. I'm voting Johnson anyway, even though he probably won't win, but I have no clue why anyone would vote for Trump.

• I hate sexists and racists

And oh wow two sexists/racists downvotes me hahahaah

Yeah but you shouldn't say someone is a racist or a sexist as an opinion. That would be considered a fact- and trump is neither.

@cisscum I have never heard of those statistics you're talking about.

It is true however that the ratio of blacks killig blacks is more than the ratio of whites killing black people.

The black person at the trump rally was probably causing a commotion and resisting the police/security.

@Puppylove94 he still put down false statistics and more than likely he deleted the twitter post. It was a post of a black person holding a gun and those stats I put is what it shown. But they were proven wrong and the source he gave didn't exist. But I'm sure people believed him.

• What kind of biased poll options are there? Whatever your opinion on the man, you need to let people state their opinion if you're going to offer a poll.

these*

Sane family? You mean the girl who stole Obama wife speech? Or his son who said that Obama stole his speech. Or the fact that he has had many bankrupt companies. Oh ya and being pro women is totally calling a woman in in a pagent miss piggy and miss housekeeping. Also firing all. of his unattractive workers in one of his businesses, or wanting to. He may not be sexist but he is DEFINITELY not pro women. Hillary is more pro women than he is and she's shit as well. Like I said calling me names and how is my question petty and immature? I asked why women vote for him because he's sexist which is my opinion. Looks like I'm being more mature than you are considering you keep insulting me.

Or what about the fact that he has no foreign affairs policies or his immigration plan is to build a wall and the Mexicans will pay for it.

• Because Hilarys corrupt af... but I'm not good to be voting for anyone, I'm 14 and live in another country.

You may live in Another Country but considering that the Canadian Economy is nearly completely dependent on the U. S Economy, Trump would tank us both

TBD,
      I have to Contact the Dragon dunkelzahn and the Elf Harlequinn because I'm just going to keep going with the Shadowrun references

• I'm Republican and supported Marco Rubio. Poor little Marco 😞

Hahaha "Little Marco". :P Unfortunately he lost partly because of that nickname. :( Trump is sadly really good at attaching catchy names to people, lol:

- Lyin' Ted Cruz
      - Little Marco
      - Crooked Hillary

xD

@dissolute_dog Awh little Marco!

• I notice hillbilly women on tv that are wearing their gaudy flag shirts and waving their homemade signs around w pride just love them some trump. Same goes w his minority supporters. Its not difficult to corrupt a small mind!!

• If you're trying to create a debate, perhaps some less biased poll options would be nice.

If I lived in the US, I would vote for Trump over Hillary. Hillary Clinton belongs in prison. She's a massive fraud and corrupt to high hell.

That would be my fault, but thats cause everything has a little bias. Truthfully I am Canadian and hate both contenders, they're both bad. I would've way rather had Bernie.

• I'm not voting for anyone especially not trump he's an ass!

• Trump is the best!!!

• I'm a girl, I live in Beirut. If I were in USA I'd vote for Bernie Sanders.

• Be honest people, who chose B-(I just don't care if he's sexist?) Know one wants to confess they chose it.

• I like the man. I trust trump.
    I would rather vote for a sexist than a con any day of the week.

Yeah, let's keep Obama in office or people like him, who give Ransom to Iran and veto Saudi deal for 9/11 because he kisses their muslim asses. I could go on but not enough time in my year.

I just read too Obama was supported by Saudi's in College.

• Because we care about the country. We aren't selfish supporters of corruption and lies like those who support Hillary. We don't care if he has said mean things. We care that he's going to be able to get companies to keep jobs in America and we know that he can Make America Great Again!

#TRUMP2016 #MAGA

• I don't want to be president not because he is sexit, but mainly because he is stupid.

• Some options:

Because they're Republicans.

Racism. A lot of the strongly "anti-pc" crowd are just racists. They want to infringe on the rights of their fellow countrymen because of color. (How is "Stop & Frisk" less unconstitutional than background checks for guns?)

They believe when Trump says "I didn't say those things."

People prefer a man in authority, as it makes them more comfortable than "some bitch." Because it's hard to be tough and sweet.

Well the fact that the KKK backs up trump is a pretty big issue... also it shows what kind of people he can attract.

Pretty much agree.

I kind of wish republicans would just completely redo that part of government, they always bring in the worst people to run for presidency.

@CisScum Don't forget that the domestic terrorists have been Hillary supporters. You can't help who you attract. All you can do is state what you believe is right and wrong.

• Because he's hot of course

• Anyone whos every actually been pregnant can agree with trump even if you dont like him. It seems just what he's says about Hillary Clinton because she runs a very negative campaign as she did against Obama. Plus the whole Clinton fund thing were you donate to receive political favours, many Chinese and Saudi princes have donated, it does seem absurd that foreign business men can buy political votes in a democratic country like the USA.
    As for the unreported sexual assaults in the military how can you give an actual figure to something thats unreported, you could give any figure., why not 50,000 instead. he's right what did the military expect its obvious they were unprepated and failed to institute policies to provide protection for women the same as any other organisation would have.

What Guys Said 31

• The first two quotes are not sexist, they are simply the truth. But of course people would rather be PC and stick their head on the sand, ignoring legitimate points.

The third quote is pretty bad, but it's not really sexist. He's basically calling her ugly.

But here's the thing. This kind of stuff is actually part of his appeal. (Don't get me wrong, I can't stand the guy, but I understand what people like about him.) People are so tired of all the PC. They are so tired of politicians spouting BS that might not be offensive, but it's a bunch of phony carefully chosen words that avoid the issue and say absolutely nothing.

Everybody is so afraid of offending someone that they can't even address real issues, and talk about things that really do matter. The first two quotes are perfect examples of this. He makes valid points in both of those.

While he is certainly rough around the edges, people like the fact that he doesn't hide behind PC, and is willing to actually talk about the issues. On the other side of the coin, people are sick of politicians who beat around the bush. They are sick of a government that doesn't do a damn thing because everyone is afraid to actually address the issues.

Some of these issues have been going on for decades and nothing is done about them. Social Security is a good example. The system is going bankrupt. The politicians have known about this for a very long time. It's been a big political issue going back at least to the 80s. The politicians talk about it in every election. They give a bunch of lip service to it and say they want to fix it. But not a damn thing has been done about it.

Nothing is done because politically it's a lose lose situation. There are solutions, but nobody has the balls to do anything, because no matter what they do there will be people who don't like it. So they hide from the truth and let the system crumble, instead of doing what needs to be done and taking the political flack when people get pissed off.

People get bent out of shape over trivial PC bullshit, while the entire retirement system is falling apart.

Again, I don't like the guy. But people see him as someone who might actually address the issues and not hide behind political correctness because it might offend someone.

The more I look at those the more I think those aren't that sexist but what about the fact that he wanted to fire women because they weren't hot enough. Sexist, discriminatory, other?

If he wants his restaurants to have hot servers, he can do that. It's a business decision. No, I don't call that sexist. It's discriminatory, but all hiring is discriminatory. Like any other job, there are requirements for that job. If he wants to create an image of a restaurant with hot severs, he can do that.

Discrimination is not a negative word, it's neutral. When you vote for president, you are discriminating. When you pick an apple for lunch instead of an orange you are discriminating.

It's not sexist. It's not because he has something against women. It's because he has requirements for the job. It's no more sexist than it's sexist to hire a woman with an MBA and not hire a women with only a 3rd grade education. It's no more sexist than a modeling agency only hiring models of a certain weight and with certain facial features.

• How is any of this sexist?

He didn't say he WANTS assaults. He was pointing out that those results are predictable based on observation of human behavior. You think that's sexist though?

So him thinking pregnancy being inconvenient for a business is sexist? I think he's technically correct. Do you think it would be easier to run a business with more time or less time? That seems pretty obvious to me.

He was trying to insult how much she doesn't look like a good form (if you've read Plato) of a president (whatever interpretation of that is). That's his opinion; it doesn't have to be sexist. He acknowledged how he's not "supposed" to insult her based on societal rules.

One thing I've noticed about a large percentage of people in the US is they tend to be good at assuming negative or bad intentions (cynicism). The sexism probably exists in your minds perception. I really don't see what's sexist about what he said though though. I'm an independent by the way.

• There are many hard core supporters in this election who will vote for their candidate no matter what they do or say.

• Donald Trump: "If I were to run for president, I'd run as a republican. They're the dumbest group of voters in this country. They believe anything on Fox News. I could lie and they'd still eat it up. I bet my numbers would be terrific."

Trump voters... What do you think is happening right now?

media4.giphy.com/media/3o6ZtebNZofcKMWis0/200w.gif

Um you trying to quote something that was never said?

Lol it's all good. I'm not here to pull votes, just like to speak my mind.

That never happened. Stop listening to the media

• He's right about the first two.
    You increase the chance of rape when you put men and women in the same unit.
    Pregnancy is an inconvenience for businesses. The woman doesn't work as hard and when she gives birth she needs to go on maternity leave.

The part about Carly Fiorina, it's true she's ugly but you're not supposed to say that.

But he said "she's a woman" in his insult, why would you ignore that? Also the first may be true but it's the he said it, sure it increases in sexual assaults but ti does not mean we should separate women because of that, yes let's blame putting 2 of the same sex's together instead of blaming the men who are sexually assaulting the women.

I never said they will be completely equal, it's the fact that you people just want to side step the actual problem with segregation. That does not fix anything. Also rape has more to do with the urge of power and control. over someone than sexual urges. It is not because they're women. That's why guys in jail get raped so often by other men, power and control not sexual urges.

Male on Female rape is different from Male on Male rape.
      The first is because of sexual urges while the second in heterosexual cases is for dominance and some sort of a release.
      Some people actually believe that homosexuality is the result of feeling imprisoned and being unable to get women. I think that's bollocks but who knows might be true for some people.

• Because there are smart women out there.

• You have a certain bias in your question. I believe that women vote for Trump because they are tired of the rhetoric that mainstream media portrays. All negative, no positive. Some women, and men of multiple races and culture support Donald for his anti-establishment stance. This may pique your curiosity.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xc2GIL39Hjs

I don't live in America, I don't really have that much of a bias because I am not much of a fan of Hillary myself. I'd rather have a 3rd party be elected but that probably won't happen. Voting for the lesser of 2 evils is still evil either way.

Yeah, okay. Thanks for handing me the burden of proof and telling me nothing.
      i0.kym-cdn.com/.../4f5.png

@ayylamo I didn't hand you any burden.. I asked for a logical explanation. A different style of doing things vs. the democrats doesn't really explain anything. Trump is not a politician. Reagan was when he ran. by the way Penn's hero James Randi could be considered anti-establishment by a similar measure..

• If these are the best "examples" you could come up with from someone whos pretty much every word is recorded then I think it proves that he isn't sexist.

1. It's definitely a stupid comment but where exactly is the sexism, especially against women? The only sexism I could see in the comment is he implying that men can't stop themselves from raping women, which obviously isn't true.

2. This is literally the truth, my mom has a small business and she is really hesitant about hiring some young women because if they do get pregnant it's gonna be a huge loss to her in terms of money. That's unfortunately how the system is at the moment.

3. He called a woman ugly. I mean come the fuck on, you call this sexism even tho it's completely fine for everyone anti Trump to make fun of his hair, his looks, small hands, etc. Don't be a hypocrite.

• Because they want a conservative economy and don't care if the person they're voting for is an ass because they look at the bigger picture of things.

shill-o-nomics will rekt us lad.
    thefederalistpapers.integratedmarket.netdna-cdn.com/.../Min-Wage-590-LA.jpg

• Why just women, everyone that is voting for him has serious issues. He destroyed many of his own businesses and such a hothead.

• My sister and me were talking about this. And he may have had a few sexist remarks but I would much rather have a president like him than a president who has lied countless times and allowed American soldiers to be killed.

• Turn this around and ask why women support Hillary. She attacked women who accused her husband of rape. Let's also ask why men support her. She has said women are the primary victims of war since their husbands, fathers, and sons die.
    Obviously people are able to overlook these things and care about the major issues rather than things a person has said. Each candidate has said/done equally racist/sexist things.

• The first two points are actually true, they're just politically incorrect to say but the last one is just an unnecessary personal attack. It's not really sexist.

Oh so we can just pretend that saying men will rape isn't a problem? Yet y'all freak out if feminists say it -_-

Yet he has so much support

@BuchitaBuchys I don't think the kind of people who support him are the kind who know how to register to vote though

• you may indeed be trying to "poke the bear" women may also be voting for trump because they see something in him that they dont see in hillary...
    voting for hillary just becase she is a woman and wants to be the first for women etc is like banging your head agaist a wall because it feels good.
    i can't vote in the election, but if could it wouldn't be for hillary. have you actually READ one of his books? its called know thy enemy.

• Maybe they just don't like Hillary. This election is very much a south park-esque "Vote for giant douche, or turd sandwich"

• I love how GaGers rig their polls. Honestly, it's quite amusing.

First one sounds kinda bad, but really, most rapists prefer the opposite sex so technically it makes sense, more men are going to be raped by women when men and women get put together as well, duh. But also I love how people will obliviously talk about "unreported" events... they're unreported.. people don't know what's going on so why bring them up like they're reported events?

What's wrong with the second one? Sounds legit, how is it not an inconvenience for a business?

Third one is - if anything - sexist against men, he's flat out saying that people are expected never to say bad things about women.

Overall it sounds like a wash.

LOL you think I rigged my poll? Or maybe trump just sucks... only way I'd be able to rig my poll is to make a lot of female account... ya I'm not doing that.

I'm talking about the options.

• That's barely sexist.

How so... also do you want a "barely sexist" president?

He obviously isn't that stupid to put out a blatant response to all women, but he has said things that are either sexist or borderline sexist. But people will still vote for him?

@CisScum I think too much is being read into it.

• They disregard his past distasteful comments because they are conservative and couldn't vote for Killary.

• He isn't sexist, don't believe all the lies you see.

• Some rare breeds of women are more connected with pragmatism and logic, thus they pick the one that makes more sense.

• 0|0
  • "Like my daddy used to say 'women are dumb'" - Dr. Phil
    Some women choose to be oppressed. Just look at all the Muslim women who are proud to wear the hijab or women who gladly support the Catholic church.

• All Hillary does is twist and manipulate words into her advantage. She displays what many people have *Bi-polar- .

• Hillary is my choice.

• Pregnancy is a burden on businesses, there is no denying that.

• They have dominant man / submissive woman fantasy ;D

• Because he is rich...

• Its wrong that you left out an option to select that we don't see him as a sexist

Quote #1: Men rape woman. Its an attack on men, not woman. He is saying men are horrible and would not be able to rape if they weren't with woman in the army. So again, not an attack on women.

Quote #2: It is a burden on a company. You lose a worker for months. That doesn't change it being right or wrong for maternity leave. Which I personally believe is a great thing for the family.

Quote #3: If we can't talk about women's look, but can about other men, who is the real sexist?

• Cuz those people are stupid as shit.

Profound statement👍🏼

@Puppylove94 Trump is my idol for profound and deep statements.

• So calling someone of the opposite gender ugly makes you sexist? Then we are all sexist my friend. Grow up buttercup.

Is that all you can take out of this. Look what trump said the 1990's and early 2000's against women.

He also said a woman was not allowed to talk in a different country but later realizing that she was so emotional that she didn't want to speak. I mean besides this if you don't believe he's a sexist he is still a bully, liar and doesn't know what he is talking about.

Why did Hillary delete thousands of emails if she had nothing to hide? They are both the same.

I do not support Hillary, I supported Bernie and that is it. That has nothing to do with this. I dislike both of the main contenders for presidency.

• More from Guys
    1