How do I know if my boyfriend will become bald?

His father is bald, what are the chances of him becoming bald too?
I find it a turn off but I won't leave him if he ever becomes bald.

2mo What's wrong with me finding it a turn off? I would still be with him anyway. I love him.

Most Helpful Guy

• if the father is bald to son will become bald too. but no worries, there is medication to prevent baldness in men. DHT is a by product of testosterone which accumulates in the scalp turning the follicles hard so hair falls out and it prevents new hairs to grow. there is medication that is approved by the FDA to prevent DHT from accumulating in the scalp thus preventing and even returning from baldness to a full head of hair. this product is called rogaine, it is a topical product in the form of a foam that needs to be massaged into the bald or balding spots of the head only once a week or so, the product is very effective and powerful though. if you use it too much hair can grow on the forehead lol. it is pretty cost effective and effective at growing hair back.

Most Helpful Girl

• the men in my father's family went bald or had thinning hair but my father always had a full head of hair.

What Guys Said 21

• As said below, you inherit that from your mothers father.. so look to his grandfather on his mothers side for evidence. I am proof of it.. My father, his father, all my cousins born from aunts on that side.. are balding or bald... My mothers father had a head full of hair until he died in his 70's. My brother and I have every hair intact...

• "What's wrong with me finding it a turn off?" Nothing. It just doesn't look good. Concerning baldness it's genetic. Look at his father. Now look at his mother's father or her brothers. Even with one bald father it's already most likely a risk to get bald.
    Now there are treatments, too. It contains female hormones to re-establish a healthy balance.

• Look for the receding hairline. Provided it's not too aggressive in his 20s, there's a fair chance of him keeping it for much of his life. Also, look at how well adjusted and healthy he is, probably also plays a factor.

do you mean if he has a receeding hairline during his 20s it'll stay that way and he won't go bald?

Is the Norwood scale the progression of MPB?

If it is, I'm nowhere on it. I've got really aggressive MPB.

I don't have a bald patch or anything, it's just thinning.

@BruceJender Ah, I'm no expert. I thought MPB was more relating to the eventual horseshoe shape (including diffuse thinning on top). Whereas stuff like alopecia or other health issues can be related all over or sporadic patchy thinning.

• He probably won't go bald, though he may very well get cancer and lose his arms and legs!

• He'll be bald.

• They say look at the maternal side of the family so look at his mother's male relatives.

• The cure is on its way, so don't worry about it.

• You'll need at least $15K for this. I forget what it's called, but you get a genetic make-up with time projection.

• Balding is genetic, but it doesn't usually come from just the father.
    His grandfather's on both sides, as well as his grandmothers' father's are give him some of their DNA, meaning it could go anyway, really.

• What a douch

• well im 21 and i have started losing hair ! but dont worry bald men are sexy ! specially in bearmode.

No they are not :/

myy girlfriend says same :s but doesn't matter if i like it bymyself ;_;

• Take him to an Ayurvedic hair specialist and find out.

• Hahhahhahahahha lies you will defo leave once u got eye on someone else 😋

• Is his MATERNAL grandfather bald? Supposedly, it's determined by his mother's side of the family.

• that's one of the reasons I am not dating or approaching any girls right now. I am getting bold, and I hate it.

• "I find it a turn off but I won't leave him if he ever becomes bald."

Sure.

• The men on his mother's side are apparently a better indicator.

However, i'd also consider who he physically takes after the most.

• Just dump him.

• You may as well break up with him now. Save him years of loving someone so shallow.

I said I won't leave him if he becomes bald but he will be less physically attractive!

My thoughts exactly.

• If his mothers father is bald then it's a good chance

i heard that was disproven

@COCOCHANEL well I started losing it 38 and my still has more top than I do but my moms dad lost it all on top so there must be some truth to it and I tried all kinds of stuff to stop it but I'm not totally bald on top

• Chances are you probably won't look as pretty anymore either when you're older

What Girls Said 8

• If you would still be with him and love him, why are you conccerned to know?
    My guy has a full thick head of hair but his dad is completely bald.

I'm just curious.

I've heard if you look at his grandfather on his mothers side you can get an indication

• Look to see if his dad is bald

• His mother's grandfather. Just trust me

• If his dad is bald chances are your boyfriend will eventually go bald also.

• LOL this made me laugh sorry

• Look at his mothers father and brothers

• That's like him saying what are the chances you'll lose your beauty. It's just if you love the person their outer appearance won't matter

• It's genetic if his father have it he would surely have it too