How far can you trace your family tree?

My last name can be traced to the 1500's. I don't have any interesting relatives though. Regardless, that why I want to get my name hyphenated when I get married, to me it's my heritage.

Most Helpful Guy

• 1840's Immigrated from German Occupied Czechoslovokia (Holy Roman Empire) to North Carolina.

Most Helpful Girl

• The 1700's. I don’t have any interesting relatives besides my grandfather who was soldier. Now I have his knife and gun from the second world war.

That's cool. My great-great-great-great grandfather is buried at Gettysburg cemetery. He was killed in action during the battle of Gettysburg. My cousin has his gun. He doesn't have my last name, I think he has my mom's maiden name.

What Guys Said 15

• I was able to trace mine to a Spanish ship captain who was born near Seville, Spain in 1598 and settled in Mexico in the 1620s. He's the guy that brought our family name from Europe - and the name is based on a region and "castle" (more of a tower or keep than a castle) near Seville.

• The only person who could figure out who was related to who and how going back to the mid 1800s died a year and a half ago... I only know up to both my grand parents

• Not that far back.. I don't have a huge interest or fascination in finding out. I'm more interested in my present and my future.

• 1960's.
    I could care less about anyone any further back.

• I can only say that my family has not kept any records to tell be about my history. i think I am of Royal descent. But I can't prove it.

• Its 1650s.. I found out that my family used to work in Topkapi Palace until collapse of the Ottoman Empire. My grand grand fathers were Viziers and Pashas in the Ottoman government.

• 1400s 😎

• My Grandfather has Geneology as a hobby,
    I can be traced back to the 1500s as well

• Early 1800s at most from the records I've seen.

• To the mid 1800s

• my last name has origins in France and in eastern Europe.

• Don't know would be interesting to find out

• the 1500's. my grandma JUST sent us our family tree, it goes back to the 1500's

• My uncle can trace us back to the 1200's.

• We were the Lords and Kings of Poland up until Stanislaw Poniatowski, whom died in 1798.

What Girls Said 11

• I can trace mine to 600 A. D.

My uncle spent a significant amount of time tracing my grandfather's line back.

I can also trace my grandmother's side back to the 15th century - apparently a number of my female ancestors were accused of witchcraft over in Europe.

My mother's side I can only trace back to my great grand parents.

My grandfather's side is a direct line to Charlemagne. Which is fun, I suppose.

• I've never looked into it but my grandfather is a chief of name so I suppose it goes back quite a long way.

• Not very far.
    Maybe to my grandparents parents (if that) lol. A lot of stuff got left behind in Poland and Romania when my ancestors fled.

• 1600s on my dad's side. nobility in the south of england. i also want to keep my last name as it sounds cool.

• My mother was super heavy into genealogy. I think she traced her line beyond Richard the Lionheart, who we're related to through his brother, King Richard never had children.

• I don't know.

• It depends on the line. The farthest back I can go is the mid 1500s with my surname.

• Around 1600 - 1700 a member of my family had doing it to my father side

• I know a little of my family history.

• I have no idea how far I can trace my family tree I have never checked.

• How do people do this? omg I want to try it

Go on websites like ancestry. com and you put in what you already know and it will fill in what you don't know. There are other websites you can get this done at but most places you have to pay for.

Yeah it works if you're from any country.

omg thank you so much! I'll try it