How do I get my drinking abilities back?

So 3 months ago me and my friend were at a small get together and i got super wasted off of absolute vodka. I got blackout drunk and I couldn't stop throwing up, I woke up in the morning remembering nothing and my friend told me everything that happened. I honestly think i had gotten alcohol poisoning as i had all the symptoms and I'm super lightweight and drank probably 2 solo cups full of vodka. Ever since that night, I haven't been able to drink any type of alcohol without feeling nausea and lightheaded. I tried drinking Sour Puss about 2 weeks ago and took only one sip before wanted to throw up. Also even when i just smell vodka i feel super sick. Any ideas or tips on how to get my drinking abilities back? I don't want to get super smashed but i want to be able to at least take a sip of something without feeling nausea, please help!

Most Helpful Guy

• Uhm... ok, your body is telling you something here. But if you really, honestly want to get it back, start small with weak stuff and work your way up the ladder. Maybe wine coolers at first, then a little higher, then some light cocktails, and from there move to the higher stuff. But if you're a lightweight, I wouldn't recommend you do it. You're asking for trouble.

What Guys Said 4

• Thats normal for someone who got way too drunk on one certain alcohol. Sorry you probably won't be able to drink vodka again.

• I'm pretty sure it's psychological not physiological so it'll be tough to fix it on your own

• either you killed your liver, or you're highly deficient in vitamins/minerals due to alcohol poisoning

• I suggest starting off with something mild like wine.

What Girls Said 0