What is better: bitter truth or sweet lies?

Most Helpful Girl

• Bitter truth. ALWAYS bitter truth. I'd rather be told I'm uglier without make up than beautiful naturally. I'd rather be told a dress makes my butt look too big rather than go out in it. I'd rather be told if my hair is a mess than go out thinking it's beautiful and it not be. I'd rather be told if my Husband is falling for another woman before he cheats on me rather than find out later that he's cheating (if this were to ever happen). I'd rather be told if the stretch marks on my boobs and stomach from being pregnant are gut wrenching so I can get rid of them rather than be told they're beautiful and keep them if that's not the truth. I'd always rather be told the truth. Every single time.

Most Helpful Guy

• Bitter truth. Time will pass and you'll feel better for knowing it, even if sweet lies made you feel better at the moment.

What Girls Said 14

• Bitter truth. Lies always come out, I'd rather have the honesty first. Tbh most people have give me a lot of nasty truths and it's just made me realise how I'm not cut out for dating at all. So bitter truths yeah.

• Bitter truth. Sweet lies don't last long, because there's an high chance of finding out the truth, and that's even worse.

• The truth,

• The truth for sure. I'd rather praise you for your honesty than get mad finding out about your sweet lies. And I always find out. Always.

• Bitter truth :/ I guess there must be times when I would rather hear sweet lies. I mean like I don't want someone to tell me the bitter truth at the wrong time.

• Bitter truth. However a wonderful mix that makes sweet but honest is always the best option.

• Bitter truth. Cuz it points me in the right direction so I can find something both sweet and true.

• Truth, always.

• I hate bitter things... But I also hate lies.

• Sweet lies, as long as I never find out it's all fake.

• Bitter truth. It's better than getting lied to.

• Truth. No matter what honesty is the best policy

• Depends. If I was in a relationship and the person didn't love me I'd rather be hurt and get told the truth than carry on living a lie.
    But then if it was that everyone thought I was ugly af I'd rather just get lied to because, yanno, ouch

• Bitter truth. It's harder to accept but it's better for you.

What Guys Said 9

• Truth all the way!

You cannot hide forever. One way or another you cannot escape the inevitable facts, that you have been postponing like a delusional retard.

• People hate knowing they are being lied to but tbh they like the lies. People just refuse to accept that they truly find bliss in their ignorance and so they say they hate lies.

• bitter truth

• Bitter truth

• Always the truth if it is about yourself. If it is about other people being silent is an option too.

• Truth

• bitter truth no contest

• Sweet lies

• bitter truth