Morbid question for the day! If you had the option which would be your choice?

So recently I was asked this: would you prefer to drown in the ocean or die of dehydration in the desert. So if you think about it both ways would give you what would feel like an eternity to die and for you to contemplate your life, but which one would you chose I was also given the option of burning alive but that's a little but to horrific. When you drown there's that sudden moment when your to far down but still use your last energy to attempt to surface but you still die with what you seek just a few strokes away. Or in the desert you feel everything the excruciatingly hot sun, suffering the tricks and mirages your mind would play on you, your fading strength and the predators circling above you, but yet again you are helpless to your circumstances. So which would you choose if you had the option?

• Drowning in the ocean
  • Dying of dyhydration in the desert

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 8

• Drowning in the ocean is faster than dying in a desert

• Ugh I hate oceans... I pretty much have a phobia of the deep sea. But at the same time drowning is a much quicker death than dying of dehydration. Damn... I guess I'd go drowning.

• I rather die in the desert drowning is a horrible way to die

• Ocean is faster, I choose that.

Of couse if this was a real life situation and somemone gave me the choice to get left in the middle of the desert or be thrown in the ocean with some sort of weight, I would choose the desert since I might survive. But I'm assuming in this hypothetical that I know I'm going to die, and it has to be of ehydration I can't just stab myself first.

• Anywhere with you, my choices

• Drowning. It's a lot faster and I do love being underwater.
    Though what I really want is to fall head first to my death from really high, making sure my brain is completely destroyed

• You'd eventually become delirious from the dehydration and it wouldn't be so bad. Drowning would be terrifying because your body would start to panic automatically. The last few moments of drowning would be euphoric but I'd still choose dehydration.

• Drowning in the ocean. you?

What Girls Said 2

• I'm already dehydrated on a daily basis. I have a terrible habit of not drinking water. So, dying of dehydration in the desert would probably go faster, and a little less scary than drowning in the ocean, considering i already get anxiety in the water.

• Drowning is pretty quick but dehydration could take days of discomfort and pain