Incredible News Bias, CNN?

I don't care for Trump or Hillary. But do you see the bias here I see? After the debate we got this on CNN:

Incredible News Bias, CNN?She looks stately, he looks... scowling! Was that truth?

Then they have these articles today
http://www.cnn.com/2016/09/29/politics/donald-trump-angela-merkel-praise-criticism/index.html

Title: "World leader Trump admires? The same one he's vilified"
The photo makes him look stupid and as well makes it look like he is trashing Mrs. Merkle. When you read the article and what he stated, it is really quite fair what he said. CNN could have said, "Trump honors Merkle, but disagrees with Muslim immigration strategy..." blah blah... But that isn't the image they want to cast of him.

Then below that on the same page you get this gem:

http://www.cnn.com/2016/09/29/opinions/clinton-trump-not-binary-choice-rye/index.html
Title: Not feeling Hillary? I wasn't, either
Main photo:

The content is really an endorsement by the author for Hillary and shoots down arguments against her one by one. You see this photo on the page:

The photo makes it look like she already won the Presidency!
...

Good grief, could they make it more blatantly obvious? Do you see bias as well... even Hillary fans?
Is news media conveying information or are they creating an image based upon what they want to say. I've worked in a corporation, seen the marketing engine and business decisions and in my view, this is exceptionally biased. I didn't look to see if images were doctored or not, it just seems obvious.

What source of media would you say is most "fair". Be serious. Maybe none are.
I'm thinking PBS and BBC at the moment.

A broader point... I see the same thing in regards to the police shootings portrayed in media on black people. They take particular acts and focus on them and blow them up and out of proportion to reality. They are creating media, not informing or telling the news. To me, this is a big part of the problem in our country.

Agree?

• CNN is biased
  • CNN is fair
  • CNN is like the others, they are all biased

Most Helpful Guy

• Every news outlet has bias. MSNBC and CNN are left leaning and FOX leans to the right.

What Girls Said 8

• All the major news stations are biased. Fox is incredibly biased. They're all major republicans so of course all support trump. Their news is biased and always makes Hillary out to be the bad guy and always makes trump out to be the good guy. I hate watching news about politics for this reason. I rather watch the primaries and the debates and do my own unbiased research.

• All media is biased.

• They're incredibly and unapologetically biased.

• yup they're biased

• They are horribly bias.

• CNN is way biased.

• To be honest in the first picture she looks like normal and he looks like normal. He always looks like a scowling ugly fish so they couldn't really do much to improve that

• Most news channels are bias one way or the other.

What Guys Said 11

• This has been going on for decades. The media very commonly portrays Republican and Democrat candidates / presidents this way. They picture Republicans with scows, stupid looks, or whatever. While at the same time they picture Democrats with smiles, friendly, etc.

I had kind of forgotten about this until now. For a good twenty plus years I specifically watched for this. It was very common on TV, newspapers, magazines, etc.

• yes CNN has a liberal bias. very few news outlets are unbias. most lean right or left depending on who owns and operates them

no surprise

• I grew up by watching CNN , BBC , AL Zazira , TV channels in India ans some from the world over. They never get it all right. Their reporters cover the news from their own perspective. For example ---Bin Laden fighting against Russians for the Afganistan cause was good and USA supported it. This same Bn Laden destroyed the twin towers in New York. Pakistan is waging war against India by spreading terrorism. But USA pays no heed to it. When these same Mujaheedin and ISIS strike US targets they wake up and attack them. So things are compartmentalized into what is good fore American interest and what is not relevant at the moment. The same things which are irrelevant today explode and become relevant tomorrow and create problems for America just like in the case of Bin laden. I don't say media is not doing its work properly but some things are neglected and some things are forgotten. Usually there is over reporting or under reporting. they prefer to remain silent on important issues. And sometimes they try to misguide their public. i can't understand how America will look without their media because so many people hate them.

Great points, I see the same with how Russia/Putin is portrayed in the media.

you lost me on the last sentence... but if people watch the media and see how the govt behaves (and the people on TV), no wonder they would hate us Americans. It isn't like what the media portrays.

My last sentence got slightly twisted. I meant to say that media is being hated by a lot of Americans. If Americans don't need their media , then the question arises , how will the void be filled. What are the alternatives if CNN and and other media do not exist? The word--- many people hate them--- refers to most people hating the media. Here I am referring only to the Americans. People of Russia love Putin and he is a friend of India just like Obama is a friend of India. Media has portrayed Putin in bad light. May be because he wants to tilt the predidential election in favor of Trump by making public her email details. because media is showing Putin in poor light , people may believe what media says. Anyway the question is not whether people of other nationalities hate America or not. Most people who even hate America love their children to be there. So in reality they think America is a great country to be. But many Americans don't seem to show more respect to their own country.

• No more so than FOX News is for Trump - I watch CNN a lot, there was bias but they tried to hide it up to the Birther Press Conference but something snapped then. Wolf Blitzer and Kate Bolduan are still reasonable, Anderson Cooper is a bit anti Trump. Jake Tapper and Don Lemon don't even hide it, they hate Trump. Don Lemon laughs at the Trump surrogates.

• All mass media is biased, anyways. But of all, CNN is probably the most blatant. Mass media is definitely not a good source of public opinion.

I encourage people to go to youtube and read comments on every single video about any topic involving Trump or Hillary, and watch the upvote/downvote count of all those videos. Public opinion, and general popularity favors Trump. I'm suscribed to several forums on the internet and only here on gag do I see the majority of people favoring Clinton.

• Lol yeah CNN is ungodly biased I think out of all the TV stations they were like the only one that said Hillary won the debate, meanwhile like every other TV station said Trump won.

• Every network is biased. They have advertisers and a certain viewership they cater to.

• People don't call CNN the Clinton News Network for nothing.

All the big popular mass media news minus fox news have funded Hillary's campaign.

lol... didn't know that. how sick!
      I know in my mind media is biased, but I get sucked into trying to figure out what is and what isn't true from all these outlets. Some of what is heard isn't true. if they are that biased, they are just "selling" agencies, not "news". If that is the case, then I'd rather not watch them at all.

thanks for the feedback.

They're put all the attention of the presidential candidates on Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton.

Bernie Sanders and especially 3rd party candidates like Gary Johnson and Jill Stein has been largely absent from mainstream media up until after the primaries ended in June. And now they want to make up this B. S. rule of having 15% favorability votes for Johnon and Stein to allow them to debate with Trump and Clinton, which will likely never happen. Its all a set up really. DNC set up Bernie Sanders from the start, and both democratic and republican parties are funded by superpacs to keep control of politics and their interests.

That's the Citizens Unitied thing... so hillary said she would end that. I'll believe it when I see it.

• 1|1
  • A lot of mainstream news is biased in some way, welcome to America.

• Mass media are all biased.