Which is more awkward for you?

Which of the two would make you (more) uneasy?

Which is more awkward for you?

• Being the only girl/guy in room surrounded by the opposite sex 🙈
  • Being the only person of your race surrounded by people of a different race 🙊

Most Helpful Guy

• B because different races often speak different languages and i hate not being able to understand people when they're speaking a different language around me.

Most Helpful Girl

• i feel that being surrounded by people on different race, you can still talk about the problems that people face, but imagine if i am the only girl in the room and i am surrounded by 4 men, they will make pair and trust me, men will have their own conversation while i am the one who will be stuck, feeling alone.

What Guys Said 21

• Neither would make it awkward, unless the people from a different race are speaking in a different language.

• definitely different race, language barrier+you're the first one to go

• Probably A, but I've been in the case more than once and by being nice I saved myself without a problem :D
    Have you ever been surrounded by dozens of guys? :D

Actually yeah I'm taking a history class and besides my teacher I'm the only girl. Then not to mention I'm a different race also but honestly it really didn't bother me :)

Thanks it really means a lot and you're certainly a kind person way more than I am. As for enduring racist remarks actually no not frequently in real life basically only while I'm on GAG. The only trouble I've had in real life were unfortunately with cops but it rarely happened.

Well, apart from those occurrences which are sad, I'm happy it's something that only happens rarely :D
      Just don't run away okay... than they win and they don't deserve it!
      If you get racist remarks don't hesitate to report the user or the post. No one wants users on GAG to be treated disrespectfully.
      And first of all, keep smiling :D :D

• Neither troubles me

What if the people of the other race were speaking a different language? Or what if the all the girls were talking about guys or something else that kind of excludes you?

Would you be perfectly fine?

Thanks also it's really cool how much you've traveled :)

@DivaMonae Ialways liked traveling, did a lot with my parents later with my wife. Then at 30 I got a big health scare and did a number of longer voyages. Later, when our son traveled on his own we went to Tunisia while he was in the US

• I've had the first scenario happen when I had a group interview at a chiropractor's office and out of 20 applicants, I was the only guy there. Felt so out of place haha.

• I went to a school where it was 98% white in HS.
    I couldn't give 2 fucks because everyone liked me. Or didn't fuck with me.

With a room full of girls I'm fine. But being a model who's chill if I don't feel like talking their nervousness makes me uncomfortable so I usually am forced to talk when I don't want to because then they get all annoying and start to get butt hurt nd think I'm gay

And they also try to do distracting shit to get my attention. Then I see it takes less effort to talk then to try and ignore

• I've already been B so probably A lol.

• Definitely surrounded by women, my social anxiety and social awkwardness would rise through the roof.

• Honestly? B. Not that it's very awkward, but it would feel sort of weird.

A doesn't faze me at all, I don't do the whole men/women division thing.

• Both equally would make me un easy.

• the race thing is gonna make me more uncomfortable.

• B 100%. Option A is practically me every Sunday

• Probably B

• i'd say both, but the first one more

• Neither bother me.

What if they were speaking a language that you don't know? Or the girls are gossiping would you be fine with not partaking or being ignored?

Girls don't tend to ignore me but I'd be fine with them having side conversations... I don't care when people speak other languages either. Many times they get the impression that I understand them, and maybe they're right... :p I grew up in south Florida so hearing people speak Spanish, Portuguese, Creole (Haitian), or French (Quebec) around me is nothing new.

Thanks for the explanation :)

• Definitely option A

• Neither of them make me uneasy or uncomfortable at all, what do I pick?

Like I get where you're coming from tbh I'm really not bothered by eithernof them either and people are people regardless of their race or sex.

However I can't say that I wouldn't be uncomfortable at all if people of the other race were all speaking a different language and excluding me. Do you get what I mean?

If I was in another country and I was lost and felt like I couldn't communicate with anyone there. Then it might be uncomfortable. But yeah if you feel excluded then I get what you mean by that

Thank you much :)

• None actually

• Both are awkward for me. Being in a room full of girls is pretty scary to me

• Being the only girl/guy in room surrounded by the opposite sex

• A good but tough question.

What Girls Said 23

• Neither lol, I was actually sharing an apartment with only guys and all of them were a different race (Korean) and I didn't feel awkward in the slightest

• Damn I meant to pick A. I have been in both situations before, and A has more potential to be awkward if the guys are jerks and they make fun of me because of my looks. When I was the only girl with my 5 male roommates, they were all cool so I felt comfortable. I don't care enough about race to make it an issue. Why does everything have to be about race with you americans? It's such a third world way of thinking for such a first world country. Get yo shit together!

Unfortunately America isn't as diverse as we would like to think.

But in all honesty I've been in both situations and I make do just fine. People are people.

Yeah the mind set apparently is still less diverse in its backwardness...

• A lot of times I am the only Iranian in the room so no biggie

• Being the only one of my race in the room. I'm pretty used to being the only girly around.

• I'm very comfortable being the only chic in a room full of guys. I'll even try to incite them to do more than just hang out.

• I kinda like A
    Better if I was naked tho

• Definitely option 2.
    Because I interacted a lot with opposite sex hence I'm comfortable with them.
    But I almost never interact with people of different race (IRL) so...

• It really depends on the context. Neither HAS to be awkward but like.. if I'm at a BLM meeting or surrounded by a bunch of rapey guys in a dark alley.. that's gonna suck.

• When I'm going to perform on Sunday, I'll have to get to the location, in a car full of guys and if one black guy wasn't there, I'd be the only black surrounded by Asian males.
    But I don't think race would make anything awkward because i like other races

• I guess the race thing...

• First option
    I'm used with option B

• Probably being the only girl in a room full of guys I don't know.

• none of the above

What if let's say they were speaking a different language or the guys were well being guys... You wouldn't be uncomfortable in the slightest if you were the odd ball out/being ignored?

Oh okay anyway that's pretty cool 👍

thanks

• None of them would make me feel awkward.

Even if they were speaking a different language which you didn't understand or the guys exclude you? Are you fine with being a loan wolf?

Okay thanks :)

I probably would are chicks since I find it hard to find common ground if they're not a gamer.

• I live in upstate Ny so I'm used to B and probably wouldn't even notice.
    But I would notice A, so I'll say A.

• Being the only person of your race surrounded by people of a different race.
    I used to be the only girls (where I was doing my intership I was often only with guys)

• I've been the only girl in class before and I'm more than OK with it. But I've been the only black person in class in college and it is uncomfortable at times, especially when it's the first week during attendance because everyone looks. So I'd say B

• I've been in the second situation a lot of times. Probably the first one

• A because I get B a lot already and it's not uncomfortable.

• Probably b

• Being the only girl around a bunch of guys

• The first one by far.

• I don't find any of those embarrassing