Would you ever change your first name?

Personally I'd find it disrespectful to my parents if I ever decided to change my name. If you did, what would you change it to?

Most Helpful Guy

• Nah, I'm one of the last real names left, I've gotta keep it going in a world of soft-ass dude names. Nobody can just be Joe or Mike anymore, it's all Cody, or Dexter, or some semblance of Aiden/Brayden/Hayden/Jayden. Like people forgot that their baby is a dime a dozen like the rest of us assholes or something🙄😒
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PxqCGTkV5wg

Most Helpful Girl

• I have, @babeeeone, for Writing purposes.
    I Didn't Do it to Do the Dirty to my Parents, Personally, but for my own Personal Reason that Season, which Cost Me plenty of Money that I Never asked Them for.
    Good luck and Great question. xx

lol The Egyptians gave me "Paris" because they had a problem in Pronouncing my other name, which is close to it. xx

Thank you for the Vote of Confidence. xx

What Guys Said 23

• I have already changed my name on gags. In real life too I would like to change my name. may be before changing my real name , Numerology , Astrology and Vastushastra experts. I want to keep a name for myself and also for my business based on how my future life can change dramatically for the better.

• I like my first name. Id change my last name to something cool like Harambe.
    i2.mirror.co.uk/.../Harambe.jpg

• changed it to John. Am from middle east, we usually get 2 names (i know it's stupid) first name is a church name (buptised) which is John, and a normal name (because we lived in a muslim country). Now am in Sweden so am free :D
    But changing the name that doesn't effect religon or make any fuzz problem, it's your choice.

• Nah, because John is an easy name to spell and remember. Haha.

If you didn't know, there's an NBA player who changed his full name from Ron Artest to Metta World Peace. True Story!

• I don't think so - my name is pretty generic from where I come from.

• No.. I just feel proudful about it ;D

http://i.hizliresim.com/lEp09g.png

• Nope.

• Yes I would change it to flame boy.

• I would if I hated my first name, or if my first name was something ridiculous or people could make fun of

• No I love my name just the way it is.

• no, since a person's name is their own right/property.

• nope, never

• I wouldn't change it.

• Yes, maybe.

• No, it's very rare and unique

• I would Like my second name as first name but otherwise i Like my name

• Christian/ Oliver

• I would change it to "Samaras" or "Samaros" (Greek names)

• I might change it I don't know like maybe I could change it to something spritual I don't know

• I changed my name. I didn't do it alone. It was actually my dad's idea. I'm not from the USA and my name can be tough for most Americans to pronounce. It was also a possible reason why I couldn't get employers interests to call me since they didn't know how to pronounce my name. So I changed it to something more friendly or known around the world. Don't want to share my before and after names. Sorry.

• Maybe not totally sure

• Only if they was a good reason.
    It would be a lot of hassle and confusion for everyone and I like my name.

Some one offering enough money could get me to change my name to practical anything and a witness protection program would get me to change it as well.

I do have an uncle who changed his name though he had a perfectly normal name so im not sure why?

• Yes, I hate my name.

What Girls Said 13

• If I really didn't like this name, then yes. But I'm cool with my current name, I guess. I don't particularly like it but it's not too awful so I'll stick with it.

• I would like to, but I wouldn't for the same reason as you. I would of changed it into Jorani. Something more traditional

• I would never change my name. If I could, I like the name Maybelle a lot

• No, but if I did I would change it to Lisa, Alexandra or Samantha.

• Nah, I'm fine with my name. I'll keep it.

• my last name yea but not my first name

• I wouldn't.
    But if I did, I'd change it to my middle name, Gwen. It's less common.

• Nah. I like mine

• what if your parents named you bubblehead? or peaches? if you dont like the name why keep it?

• No, do I look like Jason Bourne?

• Nope, I love my name.

• i like my first name. i would just hyphenate it with another name to mix it up. Like Sherri-Anne.

• Nahh I like my name. It's unique