Is toilet paper recycled?

Rip a clean sheet of toilet paper and smell it... for some weird reason clean toilet paper smells like urine... is toilet paper used then recycled and used again?

Most Helpful Guy

• You can buy recycled toilet paper.

It is not made from used toilet paper. It is made from like... used -newspaper-

Most Helpful Girl

• How can used toilet paper that has been flushed down the toilet in water be recycled?

Yes some toilet paper is made using recycled resources but not toilet paper.

And I don't know what toilet paper you are using that smells like urine but mine smells like toilet paper.

What Guys Said 14

• did you think they wasted any time and money adding brown colored dye to napkins made from recycled paper?

www.ecoproductsstore.com/.../SCA-D786E.jpg

• I reuse my own toilet paper, so I have no way of knowing.

• No, it is not recycled, at least not in the sense you're thinking. Coming from a major paper manufacturing area, I can tell you that the process of making paper is based on using enzymes to digest and break down wood cellulose; it stinks something awful but makes great paper. But trust me when I tell you, it's not recycled from *that*.

• Have you ever been by a paper mill? The paper making process, I am talking fresh paper from logs, stinks. Like a cross between urine and cabbage. Paper companies infuse perfumes into paper to try and cover it...

No i haven't, so you're saying its just the natural smell of paper and not urine?

Yes. It is the paper making process that gives it that smell.

Ohhhhhh ok

• Presuming if they do recycle it, the paper making process itself involves fire and decontamination - so nothing's left anyway.

• Lmao this made me laugh 😂 you honestly think there's a company who collects used toilet paper?

• It can be made from recycled paper but I think once it goes down toilet it stays down

• It only smells like urine in public restrooms or if you have to share your bathroom with a boy. A completely FRESH roll smells nothing like urine.

• Going down toilet water that tears it apart every time, I can't imagine how.

• Lol girl thats what are u trying to find out?

• I poop in the woods, so mine is recycled. Back in to nature, that is. ;-)

• Are maxi pads recyclable?

• Yes toilet paper has some recycled materials in it but not old use toilet paper

• I think so.

What Girls Said 1

• The one at my job there's recycled toilet paper. So probably.

Thats gross!! Why would people recycle used paper how is it even possible to disinfect those papers?

Anything is possible

Its recycled from other paper or even plastic not from used toilet paper