Is toilet paper recycled?

Rip a clean sheet of toilet paper and smell it... for some weird reason clean toilet paper smells like urine... is toilet paper used then recycled and used again?

0|0
2|15

Most Helpful Guy

• You can buy recycled toilet paper.

It is not made from used toilet paper. It is made from like... used -newspaper-

2|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• How can used toilet paper that has been flushed down the toilet in water be recycled?

Yes some toilet paper is made using recycled resources but not toilet paper.

And I don't know what toilet paper you are using that smells like urine but mine smells like toilet paper.

1|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 14

• did you think they wasted any time and money adding brown colored dye to napkins made from recycled paper?

www.ecoproductsstore.com/.../SCA-D786E.jpg

1|0
    0|0
  • I reuse my own toilet paper, so I have no way of knowing.

1|2
    0|0
  • No, it is not recycled, at least not in the sense you're thinking. Coming from a major paper manufacturing area, I can tell you that the process of making paper is based on using enzymes to digest and break down wood cellulose; it stinks something awful but makes great paper. But trust me when I tell you, it's not recycled from *that*.

1|0
    0|0
  • Have you ever been by a paper mill? The paper making process, I am talking fresh paper from logs, stinks. Like a cross between urine and cabbage. Paper companies infuse perfumes into paper to try and cover it...

1|0
    0|0
    • 2mo

No i haven't, so you're saying its just the natural smell of paper and not urine?

• 2mo

Yes. It is the paper making process that gives it that smell.

• 2mo

Ohhhhhh ok

• Presuming if they do recycle it, the paper making process itself involves fire and decontamination - so nothing's left anyway.

1|0
    0|0
  • Lmao this made me laugh 😂 you honestly think there's a company who collects used toilet paper?

2|0
    0|0
  • It can be made from recycled paper but I think once it goes down toilet it stays down

1|0
    0|0
  • It only smells like urine in public restrooms or if you have to share your bathroom with a boy. A completely FRESH roll smells nothing like urine.

1|0
    0|0
  • Going down toilet water that tears it apart every time, I can't imagine how.

1|0
    0|0
  • Lol girl thats what are u trying to find out?

1|0
    0|0
  • I poop in the woods, so mine is recycled. Back in to nature, that is. ;-)

1|0
    0|0
  • Are maxi pads recyclable?

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes toilet paper has some recycled materials in it but not old use toilet paper

1|0
    0|0
  • I think so.

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• The one at my job there's recycled toilet paper. So probably.

1|0
    0|0
    • 2mo

Thats gross!! Why would people recycle used paper how is it even possible to disinfect those papers?

• 2mo

Anything is possible

• 2mo

Its recycled from other paper or even plastic not from used toilet paper