Do you think staying friends with an ex strengthens your bond with them?

to me it feels like you create a different level of understanding and respect between one another, especially of you are able to put aside any bad times you guys had together

what do you think?

0|0
9|4

Most Helpful Guy

• Seems a bit complicated - Would it not be hard for the person who didn't want relationship to end

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I always keeps contact to my ex unless they initially stop contacting :) Because for me, the relationship is not too important to make me feel bitter of it. What I do is to ignore, I don't "try", or say "let's be friends". I just let things leave naturally, I don't delete their contact, don't talk behind them back, and yet, I feel I get over it, it is like one of obstacles that I have just experienced, and moved on. Sometimes, I feel that I easily forget what happened at that time too.

Normally, they will be the first one talking to me again, or else I always forget their existence. If they want to come back, I try to make excuse haha :))

1|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 3

• Depends. I think it'd be tough for at least one of the parties.

0|0
    0|0
  • May be , but i am sure her husband won't happy about that ; p

0|0
    0|0
  • there is no reason to be friends with an ex

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 8

• No, I don't think so. I feel like it would just cause complications. I don't want a "bond" with my ex. Staying friends and trying to have a relationship with an ex can just make it more difficult to move on.

0|0
    0|0
  • its something i'll never do

0|0
    0|0
  • Why would I want a relationship of any kind with an ex? Unless I have a kid with him, I can't imagine why I'd still talk to him.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sometimes yes, Sometimes no. Depends on how they get along and if they have gotten over the break up.

0|0
    0|0
  • No - bad idea to be friends

0|0
    0|0
  • I think it’s a state of delusion where two people pretend they can actually have a friendship after being sexual and exploring places amongst each other that there’s no going back from. I also generally think it’s very foolish and stupid because there’s really no use in having a strengthened bond with them at this point unless you plan on getting back together with them. Otherwise, it’s just going to be a problem when a new woman comes along especially if he can’t stop talking about her and she has things you always lacked. You’re playing yourself. Stop.

1|1
    0|0
  • What's the point? Just move on.

1|0
    0|0
  • No. Your ex is an "ex" because you're trying to break the bond. Staying friends is an illusion. Or a delusion?

0|1
    0|0