Anyone miss out on common social teenage years?

It could be from anything from parties, to hanging out, whatever. I missed out on a lot, mostly because of my mom, like friends having sleepovers ( one lives down the street from us and she made up an excuse to why I couldn't go). Parties, god sister had a sweet 16 and neither me nor our God brothers (2) and god sister (1) were invited. Another sweet 16 happened years before and my mom never told me about it and lied and said she thought I wouldn't want to go. When I would try to hang out with friends she'd sabotage it, by taking her time to take me or pretending she forgot (then say she thought I wanted to hang out with my friends, and if I reminded her she'd yell and curse at me). A lot of the stuff I missed was thanks to my jealous sabotaging bitch of a mother. She said she told her mother and therapist she felt bad she didn't throw me a sweet 16. ( I told her about one years before so it could be planned in advance and every time she just ignored me). I will never get those years back nor ever have the experiences. It does matter because it was a huge part of growing up and I just missed out on different experiences.

22

Most Helpful Guy

• Totally. Never been to a party. Rarely hung out. Never smoked or drank alcohol (except a small sip). Never dated. Never kissed. Obviously never had sex. Never snuck out. So, yeah. Missed a lot of stuff. I believe some of these things had a big negative impact. I definitely don't regret the not smoking or drinking part. The others, regret.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah. I started going out at late 19... so yeah. And I'm not sorry. =)

What Guys Said 1

• Yep. After my K-8 hell, I had and STILL have a hard time socializing, trusting other people, etc. I didn't want to do things that the 'normal' kids were doing. And not having a car or a job would have prevented it in any case.

What Girls Said 1

• I missed out on all of my teenage years