Why do people reveal personal information on their Facebook and then act shocked that you know their business?

Years back, he never told me he had a kid or a girlfriend. I saw on his Facebook that he did. I left a post response saying , "That's nice that you have a baby and a girlfriend , you told me you were single." My response lasted less than a minute and then it was deleted. He went into this whole thing about how his girlfriend cheated on him and that he's a single dad now. Fast forward two years later , on his facebook he says he can't wait until Nov. 24 to hold his baby girl in his arms. His girl friend is now his wife. He told me he's single and flirts in text.
I've known him for fifteen years , and never had even the slightest interest in him, he knows this and continues to withhold the truth.
If you're going to lie at least make sure we aren't friends on Facebook where u spill the beans.

2mo To make it clear it seems Nov. 24 is the due date of his 2nd baby girl.
2mo We're no longer friends. I called him out.

Most Helpful Guy

• I had this happen to me once. I was with someone that I wasn't attracted to (beggars can't be choosers) and it was this time where I wanted to improve my game. There was this gorgeous colleague at my work who I thought would never go for me. I did what I could to try get her in a subtle way. It fuckin worked. I didn't even know what to do after that. It was like an experiment. But she knew my full name and details and she trolled me on FB. She came to me at work and said "you are so busted" and walked away. I cornered her that day and said " I'm sorry, I'm just trying to figure shit out" she gave me the most weirdest look ever (expected in hindsight), and just walked away. was my first productive fail.

Most Helpful Girl

• No idea, but what is his relationship to you? A friend? I would've cut it off a long time ago. I strongly dislike people who are like this.

What Guys Said 15

• Why does anyone put personal information on the internet on social media sites for the masses to consume and critique? You HAVE to know you're going to get some sort of backlash or judgmental assholes. They just wait for things like this to lavish in.

• Bear theory:

In the past stupid people would poke at a bear and the bear would eat the person. The person is eliminated from passing those genes on. As time went on, people said "don't poke the bear, the bear will eat you." Thus those genes are still in the pool.

• he's a compulsive liar and wants to fuck you. Should get rid of him completely. This isn't going to stop.

• He is insanely attracted to you to the extent that he is willing to cheat, lie, and behave in a dishonest manner even when he knows that logically his stories are not adding up. Wrong yes, but somewhat understandable given how pretty you are.

• Some people dont know how to set up their privacy settings I suppose. :-D

• Because their goobers, people don't tend to think, instead they go hmm if I post this on here I bet no one will see it but me

• I wonder why people still use Facebook at all..

• To create drama, or because they're really stupid I guess...

• This is exactly why i dont have facebook. I am better off without it

• Stupidity is a serious issue plagues humanity.

• wow what an idiot/asshole lol

• I don't care, since I don't like Facebook and I don't put my information for prying eyes.

• Maybe because they consider these people stalkers then

• well that's just crazy

• Indeed

What Girls Said 4

• Hahaha what an idiot!

• his actions don't make sense to me

• Lel I have no idea.😆

• What an idiot lmao