What's the difference between a wall post, and a message?

this is more for facebook, and other things, besides gag, but, im asking what the difference is between someone posting on someones wall, and someone sending that same person, a message. Think about what im asking, im not talking literally.

so, what's the difference?

What Girls Said 2

• I feel like posting on someone's wall the person wants it to be more known, rather than private messaging someone.

you'd think, right?

• If I'm understanding you correctly, (and I'm probably not), privacy. Wall posts are open to the public and anyone of that persons friends can read it, but a message is shared between the two of you.

again, don't think too literally

yeah, figured this was something weird. Never mind.

care to try again?

What Guys Said 1

• A Wall post is more general knowledge or public to whomever can read that person's Facebook page, like when we post a question, opinion or comment here, everyone can see it although you can use Private or Anonymous modes to answer the question if the Asker of the Question permits it, unlike Facebook.

Messages in Facebook are like Private Messages that only the sender and the receiver can read. Just like if you were to send someone a message here instead of posting an opinion.